General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

ws6 handling?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I think you friend just says **** to hear himself talk. With the proper setup the T/A will be leaps and bounds better than his s2K as an overall vehicle. Bitch slap him one time for all of us!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you peple don't wanna listen that's fine but for the last time a lighter well prepared IRS s2000 will handle better than a well prepared heavier solid rear axle F-bod. If you dumbass people don't understand why an S2 handles better then take some ******* physics classes.

How many of you who have commented ACTUALLY DRIVEN BOTH?????

Hell i have forgotten the OP original ??? But on a tight AX course a S2 will kill a FB.... but on a more open track things start to even up.

I am an FB guy but damn reality is reality when you have driven both...Again they are different cars apples and oranges... If they were anything close in handling than Honda engineers failed miserably.....
Old 11-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
If you peple don't wanna listen that's fine but for the last time a lighter well prepared IRS s2000 will handle better than a well prepared heavier solid rear axle F-bod. If you dumbass people don't understand why an S2 handles better then take some ******* physics classes.

Hell i have forgotten the OP original ??? But on a tight AX course a S2 will kill a FB.... but on a more open track things start to even up.

I am an FB guy but damn reality is reality when you have driven both...Again they are different cars apples and oranges... If they were anything close in handling than Honda engineers failed miserably.....

Its tru
Old 11-21-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SOMbitch

I don't know where you're getting "you people". I see that only one guy said they were even stock for stock. Every other person said the S2000 will handle better than the WS6 stock for stock or mod for mod.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Teching In

lol yea the majority of the people here are saying that a s2k will out handle a trans am ws6 (even with suspension mods). And im assuming most of you own Fbodies, so it makes the answer more feasible.

I love the ws6, but might just consider a cobalt ss t/c, or a ls1 vette, because i want a handling car also and its gonna be a DD.

if i had the funds i would buy a ws6 and one of the other cars i listed.

blah. i hate when ignorant people are right.

and you might wonder why i want a well handling car, its because the majority of my buddies have either built integras or civic hatches. They handle crazy well in canyons and on the track and easily put down 300-400whp. But i always stick up for american cars, and i know that they can handle just aswell and put out more power...but the problem is that most american cars arent built for handling.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw Jessi James out run the police in a 4th gen Camaro..... It's all about how good of a driver.... A pro driver could probably put down better times in a 4th gen FB then he could in a S2000, but a non pro driver probably wouldn't get close.

If you know you car, like someone said, you can "MAKE IT" handle like you want to....On that note my Third Gen handled probably a little better then my 4th gen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_test_track
Old 11-22-2009, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50o6964l_Kc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wfTa...eature=related

youtube it....found lots of interesting videos...
Old 11-23-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chadaclysm
Unless my chapter of the SCCA plays by different rules, you are mistaken lol. I ran FS class, which is reserved for stock muscles cars. Def no STI's, EVO's, etc. in that class haha.
No, not mistaken. All cars I listed are in A stock.

http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Lists/2006/stockc.html

http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/index.shtml

As for some of the comments. I never said a WS6 will handle better. It's a matter of driving the car through a whole course. On most, if not all road tracks, a WS6 will beat an S2000 stock for stock. On a tighter SCCA autocross course the advantage may got to the S2000 unless the guy driving the WS6 is very good and knows his car.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Ive beat a few stock or close to stock S2ks at my local road course in my stock SS. Sure they were faster in the corners but not enough to make up for my speed in the straights.

www.hallettracing.com

Ive also been beaten by some generously modded ones. But overall I was impressed by the controlabilty of the car through the corner, and the predictablity of a slide.

A watts link, strano sways, strano springs, and koni shocks should overcome a huge portion of the S2ks advantage in the corners. Better brakes should be high on the list too. I never raced for more than 20 minutes at a time and the brakes would get hot. I didnt have too much fade but a few more laps and the brakes would be begging for mercy.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:32 PM
***Repost Police***

The S2000 inherently handles better because that's what it was made to do. A 2850lb 4-wheel independent suspension double-wishbone sports car will handle ridiculously well. A good set of shocks and a "performance alignment" makes it a whole new game as well. That being said, there are definitely some F-bodies (and Mustangs) that will go around certain courses faster than a stock/near-stock S2000. Yes the S2000 handles significantly better, but there are some tracks where you can't overcome a ~100rwhp difference. Had the S2000 been available with a V6 similar to the one in the NSX, it'd be damn near perfect IMO.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The S2000 inherently handles better because that's what it was made to do. A 2850lb 4-wheel independent suspension double-wishbone sports car will handle ridiculously well. A good set of shocks and a "performance alignment" makes it a whole new game as well. That being said, there are definitely some F-bodies (and Mustangs) that will go around certain courses faster than a stock/near-stock S2000. Yes the S2000 handles significantly better, but there are some tracks where you can't overcome a ~100rwhp difference. Had the S2000 been available with a V6 similar to the one in the NSX, it'd be damn near perfect IMO.
Now this much, I will accept...
Old 11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Perfect?? Definitely not. A Honda V6 out of an Odyssey minivan is not a performance engine. It probably wouldn't even make it faster at all, with the extra weight from the V6 and basically no HP advantage, it would probably be the same. Except more nose heavy.

Besides, Honda has enough problems with S2G transmissions as it is, a larger motor would only make matters worse.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dal1as
No, not mistaken. All cars I listed are in A stock.

http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Lists/2006/stockc.html

http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/index.shtml

As for some of the comments. I never said a WS6 will handle better. It's a matter of driving the car through a whole course. On most, if not all road tracks, a WS6 will beat an S2000 stock for stock. On a tighter SCCA autocross course the advantage may got to the S2000 unless the guy driving the WS6 is very good and knows his car.
hahaha they didn't class me correctly then. Good to know, thanks!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Perfect?? Definitely not. A Honda V6 out of an Odyssey minivan is not a performance engine. It probably wouldn't even make it faster at all, with the extra weight from the V6 and basically no HP advantage, it would probably be the same. Except more nose heavy.

Besides, Honda has enough problems with S2G transmissions as it is, a larger motor would only make matters worse.

He never said a v6 from an odyssey, I believe I read NSX.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NycS2
He never said a v6 from an odyssey, I believe I read NSX.
Very similar engines, the C-series (NSX) was also used in the Acura RL sedan. Honda still uses manual belt tensioners, mechanical lifters, and paper gaskets on their engines. They don't get much cheaper than that.

Last edited by Wesmanw02; 11-23-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Its the age old battle, small and nimble vs. big and fast Danial san. Drive both and go for which you like better. Get a C5 and all he'll see is your taillights!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To make your bird handle better, replace the components in my SIG, Way better than stock
Old 11-25-2009, 01:19 AM
***Repost Police***

My transmissions doing quite fine, thanks. And I would wager that the C32 from an NSX wouldn't weigh too much more than the F20C I have in their now. As far as the power difference, ~50hp and ~70lb/ft of torque would make a HUGE difference, especially given the broadening of the powerband. Now on to the "more nose heavy" comment, you realize that the S2000 is 50/50, right?
Very similar engines, the C-series (NSX) was also used in the Acura RL sedan. Honda still uses manual belt tensioners, mechanical lifters, and paper gaskets on their engines. They don't get much cheaper than that.
The RL used a C-series (as did the Legend) motor, but the differences between those engines and the C30/32 used in the NSX are as big as the differences between a 5.3 Silverado V8 and the LS7.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My transmissions doing quite fine, thanks. And I would wager that the C32 from an NSX wouldn't weigh too much more than the F20C I have in their now. As far as the power difference, ~50hp and ~70lb/ft of torque would make a HUGE difference, especially given the broadening of the powerband. Now on to the "more nose heavy" comment, you realize that the S2000 is 50/50, right?
The C32 is roughly 100lbs heavier then the F20C. An LS1 is lighter, smaller, and cheaper, a much better choice...
Old 11-25-2009, 03:42 PM
***Repost Police***

Yes JD, I am quite aware of that. I have said COUNTLESS times how I would love to do an LSx/T56 swap in my car if I had the money. I was speaking of how much more I would like the car had Honda engineered it with an NSX-like V6 from the beginning. There is absolutely no point in trying to educate me on the benefits and flexibility of the LSx platform.

Quick Reply: ws6 handling?