General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Your fbody priceless to you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
does your fbody make you feel somewhat of a "rockstsr"? Lol
Not one bit.
But it is priceless because my Grandfather left it to me.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:02 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

Stock radio is fine (other than a couple of the little lights for the buttons going out), I did have to replace a blown passenger door speaker at around 85k miles. Otherwise it's stock and doing great.
I'm fine with the stock stereo in the Z also. I'd be satisfied with the one in the T/A but it doesn't really play cd's anymore. Of course, if I had an iPod...
Old 01-12-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just have an ipod hooked into an aftermarket headunit. I run the wire under the center console into the compartment where I keep my ipod. I like listening to whatever I want, whenever I want. Plus it's hidden so it's less likely to get stolen AND it charges the ipod at the same time.

I rarely listen to the radio because of all the commercials and garbage.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i could, i would like to keep my t/a for as long as possible. i would only trade it for a c5 or c6 z06, and select few c6's
Old 01-12-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TA's are so uncommon and look menacing, and perform amazing for what they are even compared to cars made now a days. I woulldnt trade it for a corvette which nearly as common as mustangs, I would how ever have both : )
Old 01-12-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I very, very rarely see a WS6 around. In a world full of civics, SUV's, and cobalts (just for example) I want something that stands out. I've only seen three firehawks on the road in person during my lifetime.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm an old guy that's had all types of GM performance cars over the years(except a Corvette).

Two years ago I wanted to get back into a fun weekend car. I thought about it long and hard when I decided that a WS6 is a perfect compromise between style, performance, utility, economy and price.

No regrets. I'm keeping this one.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ironxcross
I just have an ipod hooked into an aftermarket headunit. I run the wire under the center console into the compartment where I keep my ipod. I like listening to whatever I want, whenever I want. Plus it's hidden so it's less likely to get stolen AND it charges the ipod at the same time.

I rarely listen to the radio because of all the commercials and garbage.
What I've always liked about my stock stereo is that no one ever messes with the car. They'll break into the Huyndai next to me with for the Audiovox Parts store stereo, but they'll leave my AC-Delco unit alone. I'm thinking about doing the hack to get an iPod jack into it but...
Old 01-12-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

no worries about crazy financing and obscene inurance. i was talking with the ol man about a vette and i think my ss looks better. the c6's and new vipers are the only thing that looks enticing. but im not gonna pay 30k-40k more for a car the will eventually lose it's wow factor too over time and the hp/$ ration is not worth it compared to an f body. i'd rather put 20k in my ss and have the ultimate supercar and looks for around 33k and the funny thing is, is that's the equivalent of a new camry and then you get boned another 5k after a 5yr lease. down the road i plan on getting a 69 charger or 77 trans am. the only new car i would get is for a beater for 3 or 4k. so when people tell me why im throwing money into a car, it's not a good idea this is the story i tell them; keep buying cars every few years and ill keep my 2 babies so who's the one losing money
Old 01-12-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

I'm never selling mine. I enjoy the car too much.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:56 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
down the road i plan on getting a 69 charger
Naw man '68, that's where it's at, what with the round tail lights and the wide open grill and sidemarker lights. I wish I would've gotten a '68 instead of a '69...
Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Last edited by THE_KOON; 05-23-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love my 99 TA! Grew up loving the camaro untill one day me and a buddy were cruising around in a turbo 1st gen eclipse. Though that was the coolest damn car ever untill we pulled up to the red light next to a white TA. At the time I didn't know LT1/LS1 anything. So we throw a few revs and when the light turns green off we go, or so we thought. This F****** TA played with us. I mean it goes thru first on and off the pedal on the right just so we could keep up then into second. About 60 he finally gets tired of the eclipse and runs out second and burns into third with a beautiful patch of tire strips as he leaves us as if we were standing still. WTF!!?? That day I was a firebird guy. Turns out it was a buddy of ours in his 95 TA. Damn that was a nice car.

I will never get rid of my TA. I'd love to have a C5 or C6, but never will I give up my TA to have any other car. Perfect blend of car and to this day it still looks better than most other cars on the road. It has the "i'm going to eat your **** and spit it in your face when i'm done" attitude.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myk
I still don't even own an iPod or other MP3 player, lol.
Amen, brother. I hate this world of "singles" mainstream music has become and this type of media just fans the flames. To each their own, but I'll never own one.

To the O.P...

I wouldn't say my car makes me feel like a rockstar. Although the first summer I had it, I was, unintentionally, very popular with the up-n-coming high school gearheads. (Ah... who can blame them. LOL) Beings that I live in a small town, its very easy to draw some attention with it on a Friday or Saturday night. And I can't say that that fact doesn't make me smile. Nothing wrong with soaking up a little attention.

And as for keeping the car, my intial intentions were to have some fun and put some miles on it for a couple years then sell it. But I'm too sentimentle and I get attached. I've had my LS1 Firebird for 6 years. And I've been having a blast the past couple years modding it. With more upgrades on the horizon, I don't see the car going anywhere for a very long time.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:40 PM
12 Second Club

I wouldnt say my car is priceless. To me anything that has or had a price tag is not priceless. I love my TA though, I would never sell it for anything. I have always loved TA's all my life. I guess it runs in the familly though. My Father purchased a 1976 Trans Am brand new off the show room floor in 76 when he was just 18yrs old. Guess what?.... He still has it! But in 98 when the LS1 came out and I saw the commercials I wanted one and then back in 05 I found my 2001 with only 5,200 miles!!! It was the closest thing to brand new I could ever own. Just to show how serious I am about the car not going anywhere. I proposed to my fiance this past september and after she said yes the first thing I told her is "dont ever tell me to sell the car cause it aint gonna happen". She replied "I dont want you to ever sell your car I love it." Thats when I knew I made the right decsision about choosing her to spend the rest of my life with!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

I would ditch this **** without thinking about it for the right price
Old 01-12-2010, 06:11 PM
12 Second Club

Im a god damn CAMARO ADDICT. Ive had three including the one i have now, started with the candy apple red Iroc, wanted a 5.0 till i saw that sexy thing. grew up in a Ford fam and wont ever own a stang. Dad sold it when i was in the corps. cried like a little girl, wanted to have it forever. had a 2000 RS just for gas, hated 6 cylinders! Saw my baby now an du couldnt pay me for that thing, got it in january 2005 and im gonna be burried in that car. ill own more but that one stays. Dont want a trans am, maybe a G8 or GTO. Im really a chevy man though.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:12 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
I am definitly not a gadget person, but man theres a difference between caveman status and not being a best buy geek lol.
I'm barely a step above a caveman. I've generally removed myself from circulation in normal society.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Launching!

BigBirdLS1;12738194]. I'm 24 now and when I'm 60 I see myself taking it out for a sunday drive I won't have it anyother way.
[/QUOTE]

I drive mine to the supermarket Tuesday's during nice weather to get my 5% senior citizens discount...Nice knowing you have the coolest ride out there and all the widows you can talk up!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:20 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by sundaydriver

I drive mine to the supermarket Tuesday's during nice weather to get my 5% senior citizens discount...Nice knowing you have the coolest ride out there and all the widows you can talk up!
There is an 84 year old man that I occasionally see at my local grocery store, still driving his '94 Camaro, we've chatted a couple times. He's owned nothing but Camaros since 1967. That's loyalty!