General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Your fbody priceless to you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
Trans Am's just have a timeless body style.... kind of like supras. they just never get old .
4th gen Trans Ams are hardly timeless. They are in fact firmly stuck in the 90's - rounded fenders, and the bottom of the windshield extending out over the front wheels.

Plenty of cars still look good when they get old, though. A 63 Vette can easily get a car guy aroused.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd say they're close to timeless. If not, they age very well. I keep getting questions like what year is it (06-07?) and what are my car payments like. Apparently it's always been a two year old car for the past five years. In reality, it's a '99 and it's been paid off since the day it was purchased in 2005.

As far as price, I'd say everybody can be bought for the right price. Sure I love my car, but a mountain of cash that can buy me 5-500 more of them and make new memories would be fine with me. Mine holds no high sentimental value, aside from the amount of work I've put into it and everywhere I've driven it.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default firebirds age pretty well

I see a lot of admiration for my ride.

but yeah, realistically if someone waved a humungous wad of cash (well over its true value, since I'm not inclined to sell) under my nose, I'd sell it and get another and mod it too.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To this day, I remeber growing up working part time at a hardware store, and a red LS1 camaro drove by and did a huge burnout on this slick patch of water draining over the road. I thought this was the coolest thing ever. Since that day I was determined to have an F-body. Not only am I proud to finally have this car I have wished for, for so long but the lengths I had to go to make it happen. I just recently joined the Air Guard and spent 5 1/2 months through basic training and tech school. Man that **** sucked! But I came home proud of myself hopping into my WS6 that I paid cash for! I can say for sure I'll never sell this car. Its something I have idolized since I can remeber. I have driven my dads 1970 ss chevelle 396 BB but its just not the same. The styling of the car is what's most appealing.I love the hood on the WS6. Just looks mean as hell!! Especially considerating what the majority of mass production vehicles look like now days . I guess its what you grow up with and what you can relate too. Maybe this is why F-bodies are more appealing to the younger generations rather than the "more experienced"? Who knows?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

The '83s been in the family since 0 miles from the factory. I'm going to keep it that way... forever.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah couldn't imagine not having my SS in the garage. If I got rid of it would be like loosing a family member. Couldn't trade it for anything..
Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My Z28 is my dream car, I love camaro's, can't stand firebirds really, I would buy one just because they are an Fbody and if I found one for cheap.

My current Z always makes me smile and a lot of people look at it and are amazed and how fast it is, cam only with stall and gears she is about a mid 11's car. I will never sell this car. I actually want to buy one camaro from each generation.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LeftySS
Yeah couldn't imagine not having my SS in the garage. If I got rid of it would be like loosing a family member. Couldn't trade it for anything..
Really not even a C6 Z or something?

i am suprised at the amount of feelings people have towards there F bodies.

For me i will just continue to upgrade from car to car and ride out the warranty of each. Maybe when im very financialy stable i might keep and heavily build a car.

Ive been all over the place so far, 240s, swapped Hondas, volvos, and now am on my second GTO planning to pick up a 335 sedan after i sell this one.

I like it and all but i dont consider it part of the family, more so like an appliance( Its purpose is to get me from point a to b, and i like to have some fun with it since spend so much time in it) i suppose maybe a toaster oven, or a badass grill.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I actually want to buy one camaro from each generation.
Sounds like a fun project.

Gen 2 and 3 will be a cake walk.

Gen 1 and 5 - hope you have deep pockets.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Like a rock star no, dirty old man perhaps... lol

Priceless, absolutely
Old 01-15-2010, 09:55 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Really not even a C6 Z or something?

i am suprised at the amount of feelings people have towards there F bodies.

For me i will just continue to upgrade from car to car and ride out the warranty of each. Maybe when im very financialy stable i might keep and heavily build a car.

Ive been all over the place so far, 240s, swapped Hondas, volvos, and now am on my second GTO planning to pick up a 335 sedan after i sell this one.

I like it and all but i dont consider it part of the family, more so like an appliance( Its purpose is to get me from point a to b, and i like to have some fun with it since spend so much time in it) i suppose maybe a toaster oven, or a badass grill.
Wow. This post is exactly the opposite of every feeling I've ever had in regards to this hobby.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Seems like trans am guys are more loyal than camaro guys imo. Most camaro guys I meet say they would trade their car right away for a vette, and got the camaro cause it was cheaper than a vette.

Most trans am guys I meet say they would never sell their car.

because most camaro guys know there are faster cars an want the cheapest way to it
Old 01-15-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

Ever since I bought my LS1 SS FINALLY got an LS1, no way in hell will I sell that car. F-bodies are just the ****. I can see a vette in my near future, but the Camaro SS is staying, I can't see selling it. Just something about these cars. Mines nice and toasty in the garage right now, she'll be woken up in April.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Wow. This post is exactly the opposite of every feeling I've ever had in regards to this hobby.
He said he had hondas and volvos, that alone explains his dull taste in cars and why he can't get attached to them.

As more me, I dont think anyone could part me from my camaro.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

i hope your not too far the other way like the RX8 guys are haha

I went on their forums because i think RX8s are beautiful but as many of my friends have one i know there weakpoints (the rotary)

So when i went asking around if there were any LS1 swaps (there was 1) or for a ls swap kit maybe i just got a bunch of people telling me how i am an evil person for wanting to take away the cars soul....

Not gonna lie i felt pretty stupid, i had no clue cars even had souls.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:42 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

I went on their forums because i think RX8s are beautiful....
Sorry, I read that and instantly threw up a little bit in my mouth. Oh wait, here comes the rest....

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
He said he had hondas and volvos, that alone explains his dull taste in cars and why he can't get attached to them.
Gotta agree with this guy....I'm just not down with the imports.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

Gotta agree with this guy....I'm just not down with the imports.
Well at least your open minded.

I like to try everything once, i could care less what brand it is or where it is from.

The new 5.0 Mustangs are looking to really be something and depending on how much they go for i might get into one, but soon as the warranty is up on this car i will be in the market for a BMW 335.

Yea its an import(and hey they can go fast in TURNS too), i had two GTOs(awesome interior, semi decent handlers), if i dont find anything better then ill most likely go back.

I could care less if a 10 year old car with a shoddy interior is better bang for the buck in straight line performance. But hey to each their own.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am literally in love with my Camaro. Never could sell it. Too much sentimental value and put too much into it. Gonna keep it forever.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:28 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

(and hey they can go fast in TURNS too)
Handling means very little to me, probably because I live in flat country, with nothing but straight roads, tons of traffic, and stop lights. Guess this is also why I hate manual transmissions....nothing but a pain living around here.

I like to try everything once, i could care less what brand it is or where it is from.
Yep, we're definitely on opposite sides of the hobby.

I could care less if a 10 year old car with a shoddy interior is better bang for the buck in straight line performance. But hey to each their own.
And I could care less if an over-priced import is filled with gagets and styling that make trendy people go "ooooh and ahhhh". But, like you said, to each their own....at least we're on the same page there.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:57 AM
On The Tree

never gonna let mine go.actually wana collect more...wife sais sell it so i have it listed for 22,000 so no one will want it hehehe...i get the ITS PRICED TO HI and im just thinking EXACTLY lol