General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Your fbody priceless to you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 03:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

naa everything i own is for sale for the right price
Old 01-16-2010, 04:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

This car is the longest I've ever owned a car, almost 4 years. I'm getting bored with it so its about to go.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

I don't feel like a rock star and I don't want to. Even though you do get many looks I just want to be comfortable with a fine performance car and this is what works for me since I bought my new Formula back in July 1996 and then my '01 Trans Am vert. I love the cockpit feel of the interior and I personally love the looks. If comfort food was a car then the F-body is it. I own a few other really nice performance cars but my T/A is the last one I would sell. There would be a large void if I sold it.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE Z
All material things have a price to me . Ive had 40 cars ,8 motorcycles and 3 quads . So I guess its not priceless but I do like it a lot .I take pride and care of everything I own . I like "new to me "things . Anybody looking for a nice 1998 Z?
lol Im lookin for a daily driver within the next few months, price?
Old 01-16-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am not sure.. I can't ever believe the stuff I have is mine. When I was 15 I was digging through my room looking for quarters for a video game and the next year I am restoring a 80 Trans Am, throwing down $10,000 for my WS6 and now about to start on my 73 Camaro.. It's just weird getting what you want all of a sudden. When I had my 80 I just stopped and looked at it and said "I can't believe that is mine"..
Old 01-16-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dewman
2nd!
3rd or whatever the number is now lol
Old 01-16-2010, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

i'v been waiting for a fbody for a very long time its my dream car finally got one new years day. dont think i'll ever part with it
Old 01-17-2010, 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
TA's are so uncommon and look menacing, and perform amazing for what they are even compared to cars made now a days. I woulldnt trade it for a corvette which nearly as common as mustangs, I would how ever have both : )
Exactly. I've had Corvette Fever for about 18 months now, but there is NO WAY I'd sell my Trans Am to get one. I bought my first Bird when I was 18 and have always owned a Bird till now, at 32 years of age. My current one is the only one in the nest and I will NOT be Bird-less by any means. TA is paid off so I'll just suffer the fever for a few more years and have both a Vette and a TA.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

I highly doubt I'll sell either of my F-bodies any time soon.... I've owned my '92 Formula 350 for darn near 9 years, and the '99 Z for 7. The '92 has high sentimental value and as one of the lower 3rd gen production run cars (~1500) I haven't seen another one on the road in the last 5 years. About the Z, It's exactly what I wanted in a Camaro and I still smile every day when I get off of work and see the Z under the lights in the parking garage. My job is pretty stressful, but driving home through the hills in that Camaro with the music playing loud, but just soft enough to hear the exhaust is indeed therapeutic!
I have had Corvette fever for a couple years now, but the biggest problem is how in the world I'm going to keep the motorcycle, the '92, and the C6 'Vette in a 2 car garage!!! (Garage is too low for a lift )
Old 01-17-2010, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine are definatly priceless to me. After a complete rebuild on my pontiac, and one for my camaro on the way, they mean that much more to me that i have had every nut and bolt out of the thing and built it from the ground up. Even though me and my dad have built 100's of cars over the years together ( i do custom paint and body, hes been doing engines and mechanical for 45+ yrs), these are even more sentimental to me just for the time we have both spent on them together, and to me thats worth more then buying a new cookie cutter corvette. Mine are here to stay and when there done well just get more
Old 01-17-2010, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

i always wanted a performance V8. sure the camaro has dents in it, the interior is so so (mainly dirty), but i wouldnt trade it in. take the tops off, blast some good music on a nice day is what i like most
Old 01-18-2010, 03:42 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by glocklimited9
( i do custom paint and body, hes been doing engines and mechanical for 45+ yrs)
Body guy huh, no wonder your car looks so tight. Where are you located?
Old 01-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

i cant wait for the day my 4 and 2 year old boys are old enough to drive it - i can already see their never ending grin similar to the one i get every time i slip behind the wheel.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Launching!

I do not see mine as having any monetary value. It is like the rescue pet in the sig...just here & guaranteed a liftime home.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

3 ls1s in 7 years...i feel like a rock star
Old 03-03-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The 4th gen F-body is unusual and has it's quirks (the chassis is not symmetrical left-to-right)...

Sure you see many of them everywhere (and most of them have T-tops)...

But:
if you are a car guy (this is more than liking/loving cars)...
if you appreciate working on your own stuff...
if you appreciate the ease with which you can increase HP/TQ...
if you appreciate the range and availability of performance parts...
if you appreciate some of the unusual design decisions that GM made...
if you appreciate simplicity...
you will see that the 4th gen F-body is worth keeping...

If you daily drive one (be it stock or modified) you can see this.

Have you ever heard anyone say "oh yeah, I installed long tube headers in my Volvo over the weekend"... (I actually know of one person who did this, but he has an LS1 in it...)

The real cookie cutters are the BMW's (over-engineered), and of course the Honda's (a swarm of annoying rodents)...

The new Camaro is just not the same.

And if you search youtube for burnouts, you will see most of the videos are of 4th gen V8 Firebirds... other cars are either too expensive or too incapable to allow you to have any fun.

$0.03
Old 03-03-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by joecar
The 4th gen F-body is unusual and has it's quirks (the chassis is not symmetrical left-to-right)...

Sure you see many of them everywhere (and most of them have T-tops)...

But:
if you are a car guy (this is more than liking/loving cars)...
if you appreciate working on your own stuff...
if you appreciate the ease with which you can increase HP/TQ...
if you appreciate the range and availability of performance parts...
if you appreciate some of the unusual design decisions that GM made...
if you appreciate simplicity...
you will see that the 4th gen F-body is worth keeping...

If you daily drive one (be it stock or modified) you can see this.

Have you ever heard anyone say "oh yeah, I installed long tube headers in my Volvo over the weekend"... (I actually know of one person who did this, but he has an LS1 in it...)

The real cookie cutters are the BMW's (over-engineered), and of course the Honda's (a swarm of annoying rodents)...

The new Camaro is just not the same.

And if you search youtube for burnouts, you will see most of the videos are of 4th gen V8 Firebirds... other cars are either too expensive or too incapable to allow you to have any fun.

$0.03
haha ya i agree that is alot of what it comes down to
Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Mine doesn't have power windows power locks or ttops. Heck it doesn't even have an alarm. It's not a 1le "wish it was" but it is an SS. Not going anywhere!

I had a WS6 that unfortunatly got totaled. Woulda never got rid of that one either.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Mine doesn't have power windows power locks or ttops. Heck it doesn't even have an alarm. It's not a 1le "wish it was" but it is an SS. Not going anywhere!

I had a WS6 that unfortunatly got totaled. Woulda never got rid of that one either.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:07 PM

Guess only time will tell how i feel about mine