General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Test drove Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love cars & sell cars at a dealership-the real money is made in parts & service
True. If done right the parts and service will pay most if not all of the overhead. Car sales should be mainly money in the pocket. For the most part, I have decently priced cars at dealership that have a good service department set up.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike
That's crazy, almost 40k for a Camaro, and a USED one at that.

That's why this thing is going to be a flop, most people that actually WANT one aren't going to be able to afford one.
From what I've seen they've been selling quite well. Except at those ripoff dealers that are asking way too much for them of course.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like GM does listen. The retard got fired!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:44 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,726 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by 71novaguy

Good to hear.

Send all the retard salesmen to Toyota. That shithole company deserves them.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've looked at a few of these new camaros and I have yet seen one for less than $38K unless it was a 6 banger. Honestly thats the only one I see people buying. Very few SS have I actually seen on the street. GM better get there head out of there asses or Ford is gonna kill them with the new 412hp mustang GT in 2011 thats starting at $30K.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Excellent! Good job.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Nice...

There was a Car Salesman at a Dealership where my GF bought her Cobalt..he was tryin to bullshit her on all kinds of things and was extremely rude to her when he was dealing with us. I put his *** in check, told him to get lost, found his supervisor and a week later I guess he was gone..there were quite a few complaints on the guy.

He was tryin to bullshit me on some stuff about a C5 Z06 I was lookin at there..I called everyone of them.

Some people are just toolbags..
Old 02-13-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 20 years old and so far had appx a dozen or so cars, and the ONLY ones bought at a dealer are actually my current ones, my z28 and Cobalt.

I bought the Camaro when I was 17 (with Mom and Dad's credit of course ) and had a great experience. The guy never asked for my license, threw me the keys, and said lets go. Pulled out of a side street a little ways away and he said quite firmly "Romp on it! I know you wanna!" This I did, and twenty minutes later we were signing papers. He couldn't have had a better sales plan than WOT haha, it sold me for sure.

I wanted a new car for college, and needed a fair payment and good mileage, so I went looking to a few Chevy dealers because the had a special deal going on in Fall of '08. I won't drive an automatic, and NOBODY had a stick '08 Cobalt. Finally talked to a great guy at Marhofer Chevrolet, but he didn't have any either. He called around for a half hour and ended up trading an auto for a stick that was at a dealership some fifty miles away. Got it the next day, great price, great service, overall great experience. And a halfway decent car lol.

Glad to say my ONLY two dealership purchases have been GREAT experiences. Sorry for you guys who get butt-fucked every time