General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Rant and rave

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rant and rave

Just wondering how many people are in the same situation as I am..... I bust my *** at work tryin to make ends meet and have nothing left over to get parts for my ws.6 and have a huge itch to modify. Even better I'm a mechanic so I don't have to pay someone else to do the work. It has been like this since I got it brand new in 01. So if anyone is in a similar situation and feels like ranting and raving come on in. Lol
Old 03-24-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being in college is like that too, lol
Old 03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

w.e you do don't have a baby and get married like i did then!!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

Yep.... I spend all my money on college and have nothing left to buy car parts Oh well, at least I know after college is over, I'll be smart enough to stay single
Old 03-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Launching!

I know what you mean. I'm in college, trying to get married soon, and I have a car hobby. None of those go well together.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yea man I feel your pain.
My wife is out of work, I have a **** load of bills and no credit and I pay cash for everything.
I do and I dont envy those with good credit that put $20,000 into their cars. It would be awesome to be able to do that but on the other hand I love paying cash and not having to worry about a credit card payment is awesome.

Its taking me forever to do what I want to do but in the end it will be worth it.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hear you, I'm in the same boat. And what little money I DO have left over at the end of the month, I find it very hard to justify spending it on car parts. I refuse to get in debt over car parts, any mod I buy I save up the cash for first.

It makes it tougher looking at this site too...it's tough seeing people talking about their new set of $3,000 wheels when I can't even scrape up enough to buy a catback.

Nothing against the people with money though...if you have that much disposable income, you obviously made better life choices than I did.

I'm just happy to have the car in the first place though. And hey, at least you were able to buy it brand new. I only dreamed about being able to afford a new one. Closest I could come was buying a '98 in '00.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Same boat here man, you just gotta try to tuck a little away and save. Its all you can do. Take comfort in knowing you have a car thats got one hell of a motor in it already even in stock form. It could be worse, you could have a mustang.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike
I hear you, I'm in the same boat. And what little money I DO have left over at the end of the month, I find it very hard to justify spending it on car parts. I refuse to get in debt over car parts, any mod I buy I save up the cash for first.

It makes it tougher looking at this site too...it's tough seeing people talking about their new set of $3,000 wheels when I can't even scrape up enough to buy a catback.

Nothing against the people with money though...if you have that much disposable income, you obviously made better life choices than I did.

I'm just happy to have the car in the first place though. And hey, at least you were able to buy it brand new. I only dreamed about being able to afford a new one. Closest I could come was buying a '98 in '00.
Yes....you are so right, its all about the choices we all make in life.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CO99Z28Vert
Oh yea man I feel your pain.
My wife is out of work, I have a **** load of bills and no credit and I pay cash for everything.
I do and I dont envy those with good credit that put $20,000 into their cars. It would be awesome to be able to do that but on the other hand I love paying cash and not having to worry about a credit card payment is awesome.
Its taking me forever to do what I want to do but in the end it will be worth it.
Man, this is soooooo smart. Credit cards are where you get into a buttload of trouble.

O.P. save and do little by little, there's no rush. Then, when you get your income tax at the beginning of the year, put some to the side to use on your car. And buy used parts (headers, lid ect.) things that you can look at and see if they are screwed up.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All valid points. But as much as I love my car, I'm sure I'll love my wife, and especially children, more. So for those of you who have to put your roots-type superchargers on hold for an education, or for love are making an investment in much better things in the future. (Think happy family and twin-turbo 'vette, for example).
Old 03-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Teching In

I stopped drinking this month to pay for my full exhaust. Now I have all the pieces though.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

guys dont get yourselves down about your life choices and thinkin you could be better than you are now, it gets you nowhere, just do what you like and be happy with what you have

and OP yeah i hear ya i just graduated nine months ago so ive got the good ole school payments along with all the other fun bills and prolly will be using the money going into my savings for the next few months towards one of those lil shiny round things that women like to wear on their fingers. hell just last month i had saved enough for a new clutch then wound up usin that towards sumthin else so gotta start that over
Old 03-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I do enjoy what I have and I look at the better side of things but I am very impatient but am forced to have patience at the same time cuz I had to pay for my wedding and now am paying for my wife's education. I just get so worked up (not in a bad way) when I see others that have their car built and have a daily driver. I was/am seeing if I'm not the only who has similar situation or whatever, it's nice not being alone! I just don't get to see how people have worked to get/do a lot of stuff I read on here that's all.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chadaclysm
Yep.... I spend all my money on college and have nothing left to buy car parts Oh well, at least I know after college is over, I'll be smart enough to stay single

Originally Posted by Ice78Transam
All valid points. But as much as I love my car, I'm sure I'll love my wife, and especially children, more. So for those of you who have to put your roots-type superchargers on hold for an education, or for love are making an investment in much better things in the future. (Think happy family and twin-turbo 'vette, for example).
I'd be happier with a stable full of cars, myself, as opposed to some kids and a wife...

Originally Posted by timpala11
I stopped drinking this month to pay for my full exhaust. Now I have all the pieces though.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Teching In

I will say this, being married w/ or with out kids is still tough. my better half freaks when i blow my dough on my ride. I want to go back to school also...I think a good way to go is become a resident in california and go to a state school for free! That way you still have money to mod. (i know the inspections are a bitch but we all know how to get around that, lol.)
Old 03-25-2010, 07:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

I'm not married..don't have any kids. The last GF had a problem with me working on the car..we did plenty of things together and I guess it still wasn't enough.

I learned from that to find one that likes cars.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Teching In

I'd love to have 450 whp but I love my wife, house, and getting rid of credit debt more. With patience and time my WS6 will get there.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

Well, I have money finaly to mod my car. . . . kinda

I got my Camaro about 2 years ago. I just dumped 4 Grand into it the same month. Yeah, I had no cash, I used a credit card.

I bought my Camaro with money I got from selling my previous car that I dumped 10k into right before I sold it, all credit.

I did not care where I got money, I had a card(actually 12) and got what I wanted.

Now, I am finally getting on my feet with no credit involved. I use cash only, buy what I can with what I have.

I had to file a Chapter 7, I was 330k in debt. . . . . When my lawyer added it up, I thought I was insane. . . . . 29 and one 3rd of a Million in debt. . . . < Never again

So, I spend what I can on what is the 1st on the list. I am happy with my car, but it sure would be nice to see it put down over 500 horse. . . . But, remember what you can afford is a whole different story then what you want.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by samson_420
Well, I have money finaly to mod my car. . . . kinda

I got my Camaro about 2 years ago. I just dumped 4 Grand into it the same month. Yeah, I had no cash, I used a credit card.

I bought my Camaro with money I got from selling my previous car that I dumped 10k into right before I sold it, all credit.

I did not care where I got money, I had a card(actually 12) and got what I wanted.

Now, I am finally getting on my feet with no credit involved. I use cash only, buy what I can with what I have.

I had to file a Chapter 7, I was 330k in debt. . . . . When my lawyer added it up, I thought I was insane. . . . . 29 and one 3rd of a Million in debt. . . . < Never again

So, I spend what I can on what is the 1st on the list. I am happy with my car, but it sure would be nice to see it put down over 500 horse. . . . But, remember what you can afford is a whole different story then what you want.
Holy crap!!!!

Quick Reply: Rant and rave