General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Crazy deal my buddy got ss 7 grand

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wouldn't considerate it a "steal." If he got it for like 4k that would be a different story, but like I said, still an awesome deal ur friend got, OP.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
LOL! This is an awesome post.

I know the exact sort of "guys" you're referring to. Sadly I've seen them around here too.....I remember once I had one following me while driving the Nova (it's got a dirty, non-emissions engine ). He was behind me at a stop light, and in my rear-view mirrior I could see him looking at me and making a huge effort at fanning his hand in front of his face because he was offended by my exhaust and wanted me to see this. My wife was with me, so I told her about this girly-man behind us. She told me to rev the motor a couple times to make it worse (I love that woman!). Hope I didn't stink up his expensive jeans and hair too much.
Oh yes - there are some real men left in this world!

Some day, when all vehicles have crossed into the "hybrid" or "electric" realm, I'll own a 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda which I will run rich on purpose.

As for now, there's no greater feeling than taking a trip to the shooting range in the SS, cruising down the highway blasting AC/DC + hearing your V8 rumble as you pass every Smart Car, Prius, and Scion on the road.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Good deal. any pics?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Launching!

That's about exactly what a private party sale would be here were I live. I see them at dealers for 10k or so. Some of the dealers here will ask more, but end up getting shipped off where they will sale more. I see so many selling for so cheap with allmost zero flaws for 7k, that I could never justify going to a dealer and paying allmost double. Your buddy got a good deal, nbm is my fav color, and I finally just got one.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by The Bronx Bull
Oh yes - there are some real men left in this world!

Some day, when all vehicles have crossed into the "hybrid" or "electric" realm, I'll own a 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda which I will run rich on purpose.

As for now, there's no greater feeling than taking a trip to the shooting range in the SS, cruising down the highway blasting AC/DC + hearing your V8 rumble as you pass every Smart Car, Prius, and Scion on the road.
Haha..... you sound like a PERFECT fit for my small local club, if you lived closer I'd suggest that you join. I swear your post sounds exactly like something I could have written.

Excellent choice on the 'Cuda! Here is a recent pic of the '74 Cuda one of the guys in my group is restoring. It's In-Violet (we prefer to call it "Statuary Grape", like Plymouth was supposed to call it), and has a '69 440ci block that's been built to 1970 440-6 specs, plus a few minor upgrades. The restoration is almost complete, then it will be ready to join my gross polluting cammed-and-carb'ed Nova in thoroughly negating all enviromental benefits of every local sissy-hybrid-Prius-like car on the road.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 04-08-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Haha..... you sound like a PERFECT fit for my small local club, if you lived closer I'd suggest that you join. I swear your post sounds exactly like something I could have written.

Excellent choice on the 'Cuda! Here is a recent pic of the '74 Cuda one of the guys in my group is restoring. It's In-Violet (we prefer to call it "Statuary Grape", like Plymouth was supposed to call it), and has a '69 440ci block that's been built to 1970 440-6 specs, plus a few minor upgrades. The restoration is almost complete, then it will be ready to join my gross polluting cammed-and-carb'ed Nova in thoroughly negating all enviromental benefits of every local sissy-hybrid-Prius-like car on the road.
Now we're talkin'!

1) There are no car clubs like that in New York; we're in a nanny state over here and I'm the odd-man-out

2) That 'Cuda looks awesome! I've promised myself that one day I'll have one, albeit the fact that the prices on these cars are astronomical compared to even '69 Camaros, '70 Challengers, 'Vettes, and Chevelles. I think the only older muscle cars that are going for more than the 'Cudas are those putrid winged warriors... the Superbirds and Charger Daytonas!

3) "Statutory Grape"...

4) It's good to know that some real men, and pure American muscle brotheren still exists

Now I just need to decide on the styling for my future 'Cuda.. since I love them both

AAR:

Billboard:
Old 04-08-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a damn good deal!

I have a love/hate relationship with my tan leather interior. It looks killer, but its a bitch to maintain!

I'm thinking about buying the lightweight black carpet from speed inc and keeping the rest of the interior tan. Not sure yet, but I hate how the tan interior shows everything! It might as well be white!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya I am really glad my nbm is tan as well just looking for some SLP mats did they even make them cant find them anywhere?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:41 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Now we're talkin'!

1) There are no car clubs like that in New York; we're in a nanny state over here and I'm the odd-man-out

2) That 'Cuda looks awesome! I've promised myself that one day I'll have one, albeit the fact that the prices on these cars are astronomical compared to even '69 Camaros, '70 Challengers, 'Vettes, and Chevelles. I think the only older muscle cars that are going for more than the 'Cudas are those putrid winged warriors... the Superbirds and Charger Daytonas!

3) "Statutory Grape"...

4) It's good to know that some real men, and pure American muscle brotheren still exists

Now I just need to decide on the styling for my future 'Cuda.. since I love them both
LOL....I'll reply with a PM since we've completely Hi-jacked this thread..... sorry OP.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

may have overlooked but auto or m6? im guessing auto for that price tag. I think id be selling it for 10-12k and pocketing that cash.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by itsslow98
may have overlooked but auto or m6? im guessing auto for that price tag. I think id be selling it for 10-12k and pocketing that cash.
Since when is transmission type a factor on the price of a vehicle? If anything, the manual transmission cars would need to be priced lower since they do not appeal to most drivers today. And if I were in the market for an SS, I would not sell the car to pocket the cash, I would instead take the deal and covet the car.

Enough side talk, however, lets get some...!

Old 04-08-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

79k miles
pewter trans am a4 with oem ws6 hood
full suspension
H/C full bolt ons
stall
gears
etc etc etc..
8,500$
Old 04-08-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for the OP, he got a screaming deal on that SS. At a dealer in Nashville that car would have a price of $14-17k on it. Fbodies go for stupid money around here for some reason.

I paid $7800 last month for my 1998 Z28 convertible, six speed. It has 93k on it, but its really clean, top looks brand new along with the interior.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by whitedevil
I see so many selling for so cheap with allmost zero flaws for 7k
Must be because cars stay nice for a lot longer in the southwest. Here in IL, where we have salt for 6 months of the year, you really pay a premium price for winter-free cars (winter-free is the ONLY way they'll be super clean/near flawless up here).
Old 04-09-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Bronx, I have to disagree, M6 Fbodies most of the time are more sought after then autos. Transmissions play a huge roll in the pricing of cars, how many people buy auto supras instead of 6 speeds?(just an example)

OP post some pics lol
Old 04-09-2010, 12:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Bronx, I have to disagree, M6 Fbodies most of the time are more sought after then autos. Transmissions play a huge roll in the pricing of cars, how many people buy auto supras instead of 6 speeds?(just an example)

OP post some pics lol
You can't compare supras. They are highway queens most of the time, not many see the track.

Most fbodys like the track. MANY more people buy A4s in this crowd for that reason.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

• Go tanning
  • Wear designer jeans
  • Gel their hair to a spiked point
  • Listen to hip-hop/techno at full volume, whilst having the cliche sunroof open on said Scion TC
  • Have thick framed black glasses OR white thick framed sunglasses
  • Bake cookies on the weekends
  • Have earrings/other piercings/painted fingernails
  • Wear thong-styled flip flop sandals
[/QUOTE]

is it ok to do that in an SS?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Not around here they're not. As others have said, that car would easily be 12K at a dealer lot, and I could even see it going for 14ish on the window sticker price.

All of the guys I see driving a Scion TCare the same "men" who:
  • Go tanning
  • Wear designer jeans
  • Gel their hair to a spiked point
  • Listen to hip-hop/techno at full volume, whilst having the cliche sunroof open on said Scion TC
  • Have thick framed black glasses OR white thick framed sunglasses
  • Bake cookies on the weekends
  • Have earrings/other piercings/painted fingernails
  • Wear thong-styled flip flop sandals
I wear sandals about 6 months of the year, nice jeans (and clothes for that matter), and love some cookies. On the other hand I like the smell of unburnt gas and have an unnatural hatred of all things toyota. Does that mean I'm Bi and just didn't know!?

Originally Posted by lemons12
You can't compare supras. They are highway queens most of the time, not many see the track.

Most fbodys like the track. MANY more people buy A4s in this crowd for that reason.
This is true, but doesn't change the fact that most "uneducated" people, ie. the salesman or joe shmoe down the road, think a manual trans turns a civic into a fast car.
I've always seen an M6 used as a selling point, but these are the same people that think lamborghinis are slow crap now that some have autos.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by justin455
This is true, but doesn't change the fact that most "uneducated" people, ie. the salesman or joe shmoe down the road, think a manual trans turns a civic into a fast car.
I've always seen an M6 used as a selling point, but these are the same people that think lamborghinis are slow crap now that some have autos.
Or call a lambo a slow POS because it gets beat in a straight line race against an 8K$ car with 5K$ in mods.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Originally Posted by lemons12
Or call a lambo a slow POS because it gets beat in a straight line race against an 8K$ car with 5K$ in mods.
forget apples to oranges, you just compared apples and olive oil

^doesn't make it wrong though

Quick Reply: Crazy deal my buddy got ss 7 grand