General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What to do with my old LS2?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I'd do likely, but I don't have any extra LS engines kicking around Say, how's that car pull now with LS3 power?
Old 07-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Teching In

I wish I knew. The shop that installed it reused the stock LS2 gasket with 53k miles on it, didn't put any spooge on the 4 casting marks on the bottom of the block, and didn't torque the pan down properly. I have a very slight oil leak, more like a sheen, really, and I don't want to push it till I can get the motor jacked up and do the thing the right way. They also forgot to replace the thrust plate that should be under the motor protecting it from the road. I also haven't tuned the car, and I have a bad cat that needs to be rectified. I get all that stuff worked out, I'll let you know.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Josh@Lashway
how much for the front timing cover?
Josh, I was thinking... the timing cover is cheap, why would you buy a used one over a new one? Thinking back, it seems like every single FS ad I've seen for a motor part-out over the past three years, there's always someone asking for a front timing cover. Is this some inside joke with LS guys?