General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

my first accident, is my car beyond fixable?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Heck, I'd give him an award for manning up and paying for repairs. That's something you unfortunately don't see much of anymore.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey finklbody...! just to let you know i am getting a ticket for leaving the scene........... so shut the f**k up and go drift your v6 by some fences.if your gunna be a hypocrite, dont post! it makes you look kinda dumb.

anyway...the sherriff said i am most likely guna get cited for leaving the scene. he also said that if i would have missed the mailboxes i wouldnt get a ticket cuz i only left to find a trailer.and all property damage charges will be dropped cuz i went to the peoples house about an hour ago and talked to the owners. they were an older couple and very nice. it turns out this is the third time their mailboxes have been wiped out. theres a dip in the road in the middle of a corner and their mailbox is perfectly placed to get wiped out every time.so i got 2 new mailboxes at ace and will replace them tomorrow

for anyone else like finklbody that think i should get the death penalty or whatever for hitting a huge dip too fast and losing control....please dont bother posting, i didnt start this thread to listen to people like finklbody. if u have opinions about, me keep them to yourself. if u have opinions about my situation or the car however, feel free to post

Last edited by BOBthe4dH8r; 06-14-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOBthe4dH8r
hey finklbody...! just to let you know i am getting a ticket for leaving the scene........... so shut the f**k up and go drift your v6 by some fences.if your gunna be a hypocrite, dont post! it makes you look kinda dumb.

Yeah dude, if anything your the dumbass for "drifting" a v6 and thinking its fast
Old 06-14-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyway...the sherriff said i am most likely guna get cited for leaving the scene. he also said that if i would have missed the mailboxes i wouldnt get a ticket cuz i only left to find a trailer.and all property damage charges will be dropped cuz i went to the peoples house about an hour ago and talked to the owners. they were an older couple and very nice. it turns out this is the third time their mailboxes have been wiped out. theres a dip in the road in the middle of a corner and their mailbox is perfectly placed to get wiped out every time.so i got 2 new mailboxes at ace and will replace them tomorrow

for anyone else like finklbody that think i should get the death penalty or whatever for hitting a huge dip too fast and losing control....please dont bother posting, i didnt start this thread to listen to people like finklbody. if u have opinions about, me keep them to yourself. if u have opinions about my situation or the car however, feel free to post
Well good for you for doing the right thing in this incident. Sucking it up and talking to and paying for the people's mailboxes and installing them is what a real man would do.

Lesson learned.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like the car is done for... sorry for what happened. As far as the negativity... it isn't needed, things like that make people not want to post at all. Maybe you should think before you post. Just my .02
Old 06-14-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
I crashed my 6 banger firebird drifting a corner once and hit a solid wood fence resulting in a few scratches on the quarter panel. Never did fix it cause ya really can't tell. I was being cocky and went to big. Yup. It happens to all of us but its where you do it thats the most important.

I don't want the courts involved. No. Just a great officer to cite him for wreckless driving, driving to endanger, speeding, excessive accelaration, exhibition of speed, damage to property, and leaving the seen of an accident. Its guys like this that is the reason all of these fines exist cause they do things with out fully thinking it through and end up in a "accident". Causing every male under the age of 25 to have excessive insurance rates and giving street racers a bad name.

And no I'm not angry, rather happy my car is a little more rare now
you're a douche
Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

Full coverage or not, if it costs more to repair than blue book, it's totaled.

Mad props to the guy that made one car out of two.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 167 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Has anything good ever come from Maine? Besides some ****ing shrimp?
Dude if you're ganna talk smack atleast know what you're talking about. We're the lobster state, not the shrimp state and no. Nothing good comes out of maine other than that and christmas trees. But we do have a killer accent up here that the rest of the world is jealous of.

Originally Posted by Blk97WS6

Yeah dude, if anything your the dumbass for "drifting" a v6 and thinking its fast
Yes I think my 15.5+ second (at best with those damn 3.08 gears) v6 firebird is way fast and race it daily on the street with other sub 17 second hondas.

You don't need a high hp car to drift. It takes time to learn your car and a little skill to get it done. I'm a great driver and have never been in an accident. Period. Hitting that fenced cause NO damage other than some hair line scratches. I tried to make it sound worse than it really was to even out the playing field between me and the op cause i felt bad for calling him an idiot when he clearly isn't.

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
^
All this is coming from a guy that most likely has his pic in his avatar doing a burnout in front of what looks like a...hmm could it be a... RESIDENTIAL AREA.
My driveway is longer than the street its connected to and thats where I did the burnout. So I guess I could messed something up and hit something, but its kinda hard to eff up a burnout in a 6 banger.

Muh bad for getting you all worked up, I never at any point said you were a bad guy for what you did. You did the right thing by contacting the appropriate people to make things right when you know you did something wrong. It takes man size ***** to do that for real and my hats are off to you sir.

Try to get them pics up if you can.

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I noticed this as well. If that is in fact his car (even if it's not, it still advocates reckless and dangerous behavior), then he qualifies for some sort of hypocrite award. Perhaps it will come in the form of post editing/removal, should he continue to preach.

And you sir have every right to edit any post of mine, anytime and in anyway. (You can even make me say something rediculous that makes me look like an absolute fool.) But I haven't broken any rules, I didn't bash anyone. I gave my opinion, supported it with constructive cristism -"Causing every male under the age of 25 to have excessive insurance rates and giving street racers a bad name."- <-- which is a huge problem for teens trying to get into fast rides. And admitted I've done stupid things in the past effectively chopping myself down to. Than I have literally been bashed by 4 or 5 members and thats ok? So I do and don't understand why my posts will be edited... But with this not being my website, I don't need to understand anything. I'll now

Old 06-15-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, ..., did this ever go downhill, ..., I read the first post yesterday & knew this would happen, ..., IBTL, ...
Old 06-15-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Holy **** youz guyz got worked up over this! Glad everything worked out OP.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:28 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,706 Likes on 1,223 Posts

This is too far off topic now, anyway if the OP wants more detailed advice on a potential rebuild of his car, that should be a new thread in the Paint & Body Work section.

Finkledbody, anybody that's going to do a burnout in their driveway and post a pic of it as their avatar really has no room to criticize other's for moderately dangerous behavior (so far all we know is that the OP was speeding on an open country road - no idea how fast even - not like he was doing triple digit speeds on a crowded neighborhood side street with kids playing everywhere). In the end, most of the damage was limited to his own car, and he's taking care of the property damage to the mail boxes. I still can't see a reason (in this case) to jump down the OP's throat. On that same note, you have a right to your opinion, but you gotta understand that in this case nobody else sees it your way, hence the backlash. Don't feel bad, it happens to all of us from time to time.

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
So I do and don't understand why my posts will be edited...
I was just trying to lighten up the mood and get things back on track with my "post removal/editing" comment, hence the ( & ). Guess that didn't work. As you can see though, nothing of yours was edited or removed.

In any event, let's not start a war over this. I'll lock it and let's move on. No hard feelings.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 06-15-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: my first accident, is my car beyond fixable?