General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

what was your first expression driving your cammed car after the swap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it tuned wound it out to the limiter and yeah its faster but not a lot.

I was deff expecting more.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i figured id resurect this thread. the very best way to tell about the "seat of your pants" dyno feel is, if you ever went up in gears, say with an m6 from 342s-410s.. its about like that. and, with my gears, the car drives itself. i absolutely ******* love it!! saved 2 years for this, and finaly, i can say i have a cammed 2002 6speed trans am ws6. yup, im proud. im not the fastest, or the quickets, but dammit, i love what i have!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by desertLS1
LOL that's awesome!
I always have my GF start my car while I stand outside to see how it really sounds!
I sometimes let her drive it down an empty road by my house while I stand out side and watch it drive up and down the road. Cuz I mean you never really see what you've got until you actually see it driving for your self.
yeah, and when i come home from afgan, im thinkin ill do the same thing. That is one beautiful thing about deployments, everything is all new to u all over again, so when i come i get to re-fall in love with my cr for the billionth time, maybe thats why i still have ne desire to even attempt to sart lookin for another whip, my **** still rocks my world after 6 years!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i did new poly motor mounts at the same time so first impression i got was how much more vibration the cabin gets now. Took it out and when i used to just take off rolling into first now it just obliterates the tires. did a 2nd gear run and it felt pretty quick. wont know until i hit the track in a couple weeks

Quick Reply: what was your first expression driving your cammed car after the swap?