General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I took my car to a Chevy Dealership and now my car has a horribly loud noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS6427

If it were my car I'd go back there and start raising some hell. I would first start by asking very calmly, "Just wondering sir, was everything ok during the test drive?" See if they at least say they drove it. If they did, then tell them that whatever happened during that drive, the motor is now making a bad tapping noise. One bounce off the rev limiter can cause your problem, which could happen with one stomp of the gas petal. If you get any static and you want to keep pursuing it as if they messed it up, I'd ask for the owner of the dealership.
THIS... its an easy way to get them to confess without them knowing that they did something wrong. i always remember what the mileage is on the odometer before i give it to them. dont do the trip though b/c they can just clear it and say they unplugged the battery
Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the car to my local technician who has worked on LSXs and small blocks in the past, he wasn't 100% sure what the problem was but he listened to it with the stethoscope and he said its possibly a cracked/broken intake. But he is looking into it further right now, is it possible that this is a cracked intake?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Teching In

i know i'm not there to personally look at it and give my best opinion, but i'm going to bet that it's not. What happened to taking it back to the dealer?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

I took it and of course they were like no we didn't drive it blah blah, I spoke to the manager and he told me to bring it to him tomorrow in the morning. I only took it to my local tech to see if he can identify the problem 100%

I asked them "was everything okay during the test drive?" and they were like oh we dont drive vehicles and all that ****. This is really frustrating, I don't even drive my car hard, I go WOT maybe one or twice a week.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Theres absolutely no need to drive the car after an oil change. If they did, raise hell because thats just ridiculous.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

depending on how much it cost to repair and what the damage is to my car I might just trade it in for a 10 mustang, the dealership offered me one for 21,000. GT 5 speed, it's a hell of a lot slower than my TA but its nice looking and has warranty
Old 08-02-2010, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
depending on how much it cost to repair and what the damage is to my car I might just trade it in for a 10 mustang, the dealership offered me one for 21,000. GT 5 speed, it's a hell of a lot slower than my TA but its nice looking and has warranty
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Did you check your mileage before you dropped it off? If so you can prove if they did or didn't drive it. He knew to say that to you because he KNOWS they messed it up!!!!! Don't lay down and take it. FIGHT BACK. I have 2 times over previous cars with "stealerships". One time I got $10,000. And the other time my car got fixed and the service manager got fired by the district manager right in front of my face. It was awesome!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Well that happened last week, I had to go to my military drill on the weekend. It's going to be hard to prove that ****, perhaps I can ask for surveillance video feed?
Old 08-02-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll personally kick your ***.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

If you trade it for a mustang you should get the 2011 anything else is just lame
Old 08-02-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

You know what's lame? Paying a **** ton of money for a car that I never use. I live in the city if I go WOT for more then 3 seconds the cops are all over me, **** that. Who knows what else is going to go wrong with a 10 year old car, all I need is for this repair bill to be ridiculous and then the 10 bolt breaks lol. I'd rather have a brand new car with warranty that I can comfortably drive. Lets just go over my last 3 months of expenses on my TA

Rear Main seal/rear end seal 500$
fuel pump install plus fuel pump 600$
what ever the **** happened now xxx maybe even xxxx?
window motor is dying as well lol.

Or I can have a nice car, yeah sure its not a LSX and it felt like watching dog **** turn white was faster then the GT. But at least I get a warranty. Even though I do love my TA still... waiting for this guy to tell me whats wrong with it is like waiting for an aids test
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah I understand you but a 2011 mustang will be much faster and just be better with the new 5.0 and six speed them the 2010 that's all i am saying
Old 08-02-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

the 2011 is 36,000. They got me a black 2010 for 21k, I can get a mustang gt for the price of a kia? Sounds like a good deal to me
Old 08-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Teching In

do what ya gotta do man, it's heartbreaking watching someone trade in an F-bod for a rustang. Ever consider a '10 camaro? You could by a lot of fbody parts for the difference on the mustang, plus the extra tags, insurance, etc. lol
Old 08-02-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah 2010 are getting crazy cheap because everyone wants the 2011 well if you do get the mustang intake and tune really wake them up my wife has a 2008 gt
Old 08-02-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Yun Gunz
I'll personally kick your ***.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

+1 for the 2011 GT.

Or a 2010 Camaro.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

I tried for a 2010 Camaro a few weeks ago and I couldn't get a deal for under 30k. The mustang has a nicer interior I think, it was slow as **** though. By the time I hit 60 I would of been flying past 100 in my WS6... But Im starting to get to the point where I dont care about having something that fast. There are so many cops in miami florida its pointless

The mustang is only going to happen if I feel that something else may go wrong again in my TA or if the bill isn't worth it. How much do you guys predict it would be to replace a lifter? Or a pushrod?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Couple hundred total for both, include new heads bolts and gaskets. Ya ya more money more money, but you know to you it worth it, especially your random kill stories. You will hate life you sold it, pissed off that you lost in that Mustang you just bought. I dont care what you say, Id give you til ur 1st run in with a ls1 before u get pissed at urself.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
I took it and of course they were like no we didn't drive it blah blah, I spoke to the manager and he told me to bring it to him tomorrow in the morning. I only took it to my local tech to see if he can identify the problem 100%
Its not normal procedure to test drive a car after an LOF was done or for a parking light socket. So its possible they didnt drive it & the damage is coincidental. You did leave it there though & like you said maybe one of the techs did drive it, its possible. Even if they did drive it, what could they have really hurt? I am sure youve beat on your TREX cammed car pretty good already. We all have. Because your car is modded its a possiblilty something like a lifter just went bad. Things like this do happen.

I asked them "was everything okay during the test drive?" and they were like oh we dont drive vehicles and all that ****. This is really frustrating, I don't even drive my car hard, I go WOT maybe one or twice a week.
Did you take it directly to the oil change lube guys? If so its likely they didnt drive it.
The only likely thing that could have happened is they started the car & forgot to add the oil & ran it for a few seconds too long, then added the oil after. Then they would be to blame. At this point get it checked out & find out what it is.

Quick Reply: I took my car to a Chevy Dealership and now my car has a horribly loud noise