General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I took my car to a Chevy Dealership and now my car has a horribly loud noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I'm just not making sense of how a $21k car is an affordable alternative when you don't have the cash to fix your current car. $21k is a decent chunk of cash, even with a loan (moreso actually, because of interest).
This. I'm confused as to how one can get, and afford, a loan for a new car for $21k, but not a personal loan for $2500.

Not to mention, giving the dealership that made the Trans Am **** its guts out $21,000 for making said car **** its guts out is just wrong.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldnt afford to pay the big *** repair bill, but I can afford a 400$ a month loan. I don't see what is confusing you guys, I have to go to school and have a life, not sitting around waiting for a car that may or may not be back to 100% health. I was also thinking about the future of the car, what about when the 10 bolt gave out, or what if the engine has hidden damage from whats currently wrong with it? What I should of done from the beginning was had a DD car so when the TA takes a **** I have a means of transportation. Or just left it at bolt on only. There is a huge difference between forking out at unknown amount of thousands for a repair bill when its possible that the repair it self was done wrong, as opposed to paying 400$ a month for a brand new car with warranty. The trans am was a 365$ a month loan as well, Im actually paying 20$ more for a new car....

I didn't take the car back to the Chevy dealership, I traded it in at a ford dealership.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could of just bought a beater for a couple hundred to hold you off. I grabbed a neon for $1000. Or you could of at least bought a cheaper practical car until you can get another trans-am. Ex. $5000 Jap Car

21k is alot of debt to dig yourself into and you don't really even like the car!?!

Just curious how much did you still owe on the T.A.?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
I couldnt afford to pay the big *** repair bill, but I can afford a 400$ a month loan. I don't see what is confusing you guys, I have to go to school and have a life, not sitting around waiting for a car that may or may not be back to 100% health. I was also thinking about the future of the car, what about when the 10 bolt gave out, or what if the engine has hidden damage from whats currently wrong with it? What I should of done from the beginning was had a DD car so when the TA takes a **** I have a means of transportation. Or just left it at bolt on only. There is a huge difference between forking out at unknown amount of thousands for a repair bill when its possible that the repair it self was done wrong, as opposed to paying 400$ a month for a brand new car with warranty. The trans am was a 365$ a month loan as well, Im actually paying 20$ more for a new car....

I didn't take the car back to the Chevy dealership, I traded it in at a ford dealership.
A $2500 loan to have a shop replace the lifters, pushrods, and cam would be a lot less than $400 a month. Hell, $500 to have a good speed shop diagnose the issue and then repair the car would probably still have been less than $3500. At that, you could have spent $1500 on a beater, let the Trans Am sit until you had enough money to get it fixed properly, and gotten a fun weekend car and a nice-manners daily driver out of the deal.

If you were worried about things like reliability and longevity, why did you put a monster cam in an otherwise stock car?
Old 08-04-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Element
If you were worried about things like reliability and longevity, why did you put a monster cam in an otherwise stock car?
I'm sure he didn't really think about it until all of this happened. Seemed like the car was running good all this time right OP? Either way, what's done is done, so us ripping on him now won't change anything.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

why is everyone raggin on him its a done deal he is bummed out he lost his hot rod.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
depending on how much it cost to repair and what the damage is to my car I might just trade it in for a 10 mustang, the dealership offered me one for 21,000. GT 5 speed, it's a hell of a lot slower than my TA but its nice looking and has warranty
This whole thing sounds pretty retarded to me. You are broke and rely on your GI bill, and are worried about 125$ lifters. Then the dealership convinces you to trade in your car for a 2010 mustang for 21 thousand dollars?
Old 08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
I'm sure he didn't really think about it until all of this happened. Seemed like the car was running good all this time right OP? Either way, what's done is done, so us ripping on him now won't change anything.
Yeah, I don't mean to be hard on him, just sucks to see a 4th gen go for so little money because it needed a little engine work.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Banned

Oh wow and I just read the rest of the thread. 2 GRAND!? lmfao how does your ******* feel? The dealership just fucked you. HARD.

They ******* broke your car, convinced you they didn't, bought the broken car for ******* peanuts, and sold you a MUCH shittier car for ******* 21 thousand dollars. This is the most laughable **** I have ever heard dude.

Did the thought ever cross your mind to just take out a personal loan to fix the TA? Instead you loan 21 grand? You were in the army dude any bank would jump to loan you money.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Op... No offense (well kind of)... You are a ******* idiot.

First thing that made ZERO sense to me in your story.....
I didn't notice the sound cause I usually have the music up cause my exhaust is so loud
Then, two posts later.
Im going to bet its not a coincidence, it started literally the second I got my car back.
You could have sold that in less than 2 days on the board for 2 grand to someone that would have actually put some use to it. Just because you don't have enough know how to pull an engine and throw another one in with low mileage for under 1K$ and less than a day doesn't mean it is fucked.
I'm leaning towards the car not being fucked up because of the dealership... But, if they did... Learn to work on your own car or at least find some fellow car enthusiasts that will help you out and show you the ropes, otherwise you will get fucked your entire life.

I'm sorry but this whole thread is fail. You traded it in on a 2010 GT... Every time I see one I think, "Dumb ***, could have waited a few more months and picked up a 2011 5.0 for the same price". Buy a 2K beater to get you by and then go buy a damn Mustang.

Hell, you could have bought a C5Zo6 for that... Or a Cobra.

Wow....
Old 08-04-2010, 08:26 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,728 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Either way, what's done is done, so us ripping on him now won't change anything.
While I still don't understand the logic behind $21k in debt to fix a ~$3k problem, I do agree that what's done is done and there's really no reason to let this continue.

To the OP, good luck with the new car. If you're happy with the deal, then good for you. Maybe one day you can find another T/A.

Quick Reply: I took my car to a Chevy Dealership and now my car has a horribly loud noise