General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Who still has a stock car here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker
Honestly, the longer I have this car, the more I'm happy with it factory. I know that there are improvements that can be made without a doubt. I take my dad's bone stock GXP out and that car will outhandle and out brake my WS6 ANY day of the week....but that's fine. That's todays technology and my F body was over a decades ago.

It's simply the way these cars where intended to be from the box. It may be a long shot but I have a feeling that Firebirds/Trans Am's will be worth something one day because unlike the new Camaro, there will never be another Trans Am on the road.
X2, there you go. Exactly! Excellent post.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 98 WS6 is stock down to the wiperblades and air filter. Only non-original part is the battery, the original lasted 11 years. 28K on the odo at the moment, I have other cars to mod, this one is too mint.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Launching!

Well, I just bought STB and SFC. So, it will no longer stay stock. But, I would not touch the engine, just suspension.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tmdz28
I am planning to keep my car relatively stock for a while. Plus, it's a vert, so modding it other than suspensions would be pretty wasteful, since I will never race it.

Anybody here still has a relatively stock car, maybe just a few bolt-ons?

EDIT: The reason why it's stock (even though I have a DD) is I am really tightening my belt right now to save money. The wife and I are planning to buy our 3rd house end of next year. So minimal modding until that goal is accomplished.
IMO it seems like every car on this board has a buttload of mods and most f-bodys are hard to find in stock form. Honestly though, from what i've seen as a f-body salvage dealer, i would have to say that almost 70% of the f-bodys that come through our shop are 100% stock. about the only thing i will see on alot of cars is just a welded in flowmaster in the rear. There are more out their than it would seem, so idk if that will help answer your question
Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by andrew69_04
IMO it seems like every car on this board has a buttload of mods and most f-bodys are hard to find in stock form. Honestly though, from what i've seen as a f-body salvage dealer, i would have to say that almost 70% of the f-bodys that come through our shop are 100% stock. about the only thing i will see on alot of cars is just a welded in flowmaster in the rear. There are more out their than it would seem, so idk if that will help answer your question
So you salvage F bodies huh? You must have lots of parts at your disposal....
Old 08-21-2010, 02:17 AM

My 99 TA is bone stock buddy.... I recently did do the Monsoon HU mod for my IPOD/MP3 player. (I posted some info about my mod) It works freakin' awesome..!!! I also added the Bazooka 6.5 DVC subs from Kee Audio. (They totaly kick A**).. best purchase for $105 a set...!!! I'm doin HIDs soon for my lows and fogs and maybe some replica rims but other than that the drivetrain and aperance is still stock. Money is tight these days... If it's not broke don't fix it..
Old 08-21-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Striker
Honestly, the longer I have this car, the more I'm happy with it factory. I know that there are improvements that can be made without a doubt. I take my dad's bone stock GXP out and that car will outhandle and out brake my WS6 ANY day of the week....but that's fine. That's todays technology and my F body was over a decades ago.

It's simply the way these cars where intended to be from the box. It may be a long shot but I have a feeling that Firebirds/Trans Am's will be worth something one day because unlike the new Camaro, there will never be another Trans Am on the road.

TRUE TRUE buddy..! Nice post...

Friends have told me to trade in my 99TA and upgrade to the new Camaro.. They just don't get it.....
Old 08-22-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LOTTI99TA
TRUE TRUE buddy..! Nice post...

Friends have told me to trade in my 99TA and upgrade to the new Camaro.. They just don't get it.....
As an American Muscle car fan and just any other domestic fan as well, I can without a doubt say that the new Camaro is nothing but a GM abortion project of a vehicle that will continuously be outsold by it's competition.

Besides the LSx based engine and the new TR6060 gear box it carries, I see *nothing* else positive about that Transformers car. Don't even dream of trading in your WS6 for one, even if they where to make another one tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Mine is close to stock.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Super Stock here. Except the AC Delco battery.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Launching!

^ stock tint?
Old 08-28-2010, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dhowdy
^ stock tint?
Stock SLP grill???
Old 08-29-2010, 04:44 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by AronZ28
Stock SLP grill???
The grille could be stock, it was an SLP option for SSs.

But the tints are definitely not stock.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dhowdy
^ stock tint?
what tips are those?
Old 09-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NC01TA
100% stock. I even replaced the battery with another Delco and bought Goodyear tires (although GS-D3 instead of the GS-C). Just hit 20,000 miles and I like the car to represent what came from the factory. So few convertibles were made on top of that so keeping it stock makes it 'special'.
OH man!!.......I modded mine!!! I wanna be special I wanna be specialI wanna be special!!!! lmao!!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

mine was basically stock when i bought it 3 years ago. only things that were done was a Flowmaster catback, K&N filter & Optima battery. i should've just changed the catback & left it alone after that.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by andrew69_04
Yea, the reason why there are more modded cars on here then not is because this is a PERFORMANCE website, the main reason people come on here is to get help and ideas when modifying their cars. Im sure if you look at the total build numbers for all LSx vehicles and the number of members on here, we are a relatively low percentage
Old 09-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Launching!

So much for wanting a stock car. My clutch was slipping bad last saturday, now I am planning to do LS7 clutch, LS2 flywheel, slotted rotor, hawk pads, tuning, SFC install, Falken tires and dual/dual catback install.

There goes $2,500!!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
what tips are those?
In my sig pic? Stock, ugly TA tips....