General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

burnout

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 3500lt
the rear end is already going, the tranny has a bunch of metal particals, and the engine burns a little oil. im going to freshen the motor into a 383 budget build and do a street rod, or a snowblower! lol. i kinda want to tear apart the automatic to see whats all involved with that. im very mechanicaly inclined so sky`s the limit. people sometimes dont take me serious for my age(24), but i have played my cards right and own my own business and have a family. thats success all in its own.
The rear ends in these cars do suck tranny is a hit or miss thing and ALL ls1's use oil.. Theyre noisy sloppy sounding oil burning machines but theyre reliable and hard to kill. This isnt that bad more tire hurt than anything people who takes their cars to the strip and do WOT 1/4 mile at a time along with clutch drops and stall converters to get off the line are doing much more harm to drivetrain components.Nice donuts btw lol
Old 09-20-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redbird555
The rear ends in these cars do suck tranny is a hit or miss thing and ALL ls1's use oil.. Theyre noisy sloppy sounding oil burning machines but theyre reliable and hard to kill. This isnt that bad more tire hurt than anything people who takes their cars to the strip and do WOT 1/4 mile at a time along with clutch drops and stall converters to get off the line are doing much more harm to drivetrain components.Nice donuts btw lol
They don't ALL use oil..... It depends on the engine and the owner.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hell have fun, enjoy, looked like fun
Old 09-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...ubj=1568700142
Old 09-21-2010, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
I just assume you'd like a little extra money in your pockets by selling anything that isnt broke, so it seems like a waste to try and blow the motor, tranny, and rear. I bet you could get over $2,000 for all of that if you found the right buyers.
How is this going to "blow the motor and trans"? She's not revving it that high. I really don't see a problem with this at all. I guess we shouldn't race our cars or ever do WOT runs either
Old 09-21-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Idk why everyone is getting so butt hurt about it, the op is having fun, whats wrong with that? personally i would never own a car that i didnt feel like i could have fun in. i think its sad when people have fun car's that they keep couped up in a garage all the time. Thats like having a beautiful/perfect wife that you are afraid to... you know so keep having fun bro, and more power to you
Old 09-21-2010, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

because the OP is ruining a RARE AND EXPENSIVE CAR! oh wait nvm, i forget these cars are everywhere. lol looks like she is having fun!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

This reminds me of when I get a new sled and people say, what are you doing being so hard on that thing, you don't even have 10 miles on it. I just sit and tell them, Breaking it in! As long as people that are doing these things (having fun) are letting the equipment warm up etc. I say go for it. Some of the best running, longest lasting machines I've been around, have been the ones that were beat on (beat on respectfully) from day one. I'm not saying beat on by not doing maint. etc. Just my 0.02. Keep having fun OP! I'm heading out to beat on, I mean drive my car now!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

seriously people, if those donuts are running that car into the ground then i don't know what's still holding mine together. i don't get the people that buy these cars and are afraid to enjoy them the way a muscle car is meant to be enjoyed.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dutinsss
seriously people, if those donuts are running that car into the ground then i don't know what's still holding mine together. I don't get the people that buy these cars and are afraid to enjoy them the way a muscle car is meant to be enjoyed.
+1000
Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

kudos to you on the success and beat the hell out of that thing since the drive train is going to hell anyways.

I don't know what most people are talking about, its not like your recreating dukes of hazard or driving that bird into school buses or homeless shelters.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

no one has the right to bitch about your car unless you do that stupid as lambo doors, 24" rims, and fluorescent highlighter colored paint jobs with matching noens under the car, hop off the OP's dick