General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Do you like FIREBREATHER?
Yes - like the whole damn MONSTER!!
62.50%
Yes - just like the front
10.42%
Yes - just like the back
0%
No - don't like it at all
27.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

The FIREBREATHER! Sick movie ride..may even go into limited production.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The FIREBREATHER! Sick movie ride..may even go into limited production.

Was wondering what everyone thought of this 2011 FIREBREATHER based on the Camaro platform. It is suppose to be in the new movie Jinn. And from what they say they'll be making 50 of theses for the public. It has 599 Supercharged Horses..the tune coming from the car sounds incredible..here's a link to the website and a YouTube vid.

WEBSITE http://the-firebreather.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59T3n...eature=related
Attached Thumbnails The FIREBREATHER! Sick movie ride..may even go into limited production.-firebreather_camaro_front_side_view.6fryfe4v5f48o0kgg800swc44.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg   The FIREBREATHER! Sick movie ride..may even go into limited production.-firebreather-front-500x337.jpg   The FIREBREATHER! Sick movie ride..may even go into limited production.-firebreather-side-500x313.jpg   The FIREBREATHER! Sick movie ride..may even go into limited production.-firebreather-rear-500x333.jpg  

Last edited by jamesg77; 09-22-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

there was a thread on this somewhere. its alright i guess...
Old 09-22-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by SSmoken
there was a thread on this somewhere. its alright i guess...
I guess I didn't check good enough. haha I tried looking all over before i posted this. I figured someone would have made one on something like this already.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

last thread on this subject i saw didn't have the sweet video.not a fan of the camaro 2 firebird conversions as of late yet the video definitely got me pretty excited.Makes me want 2 go 4 a spin right about now!I WOULD DRIVE IT ...wouldn't buy it.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw quite a few 5th gen "Firebird" conversions at Carlisle this year and didn't really like any of them. This one is much, much better.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me, its just another dressed up Camaro. A Camaro with a rediculous pricetag that doesnt have an arrowhead anywhere on it. What would be a lot more appealing would be a supercharged varient of the Z28 dubbed the WS6. To be worthy, GM needs to design the car in house and gives it a Pontiac title imo. Otherwise it is just another wannabe.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ramairroughneck
To me, its just another dressed up Camaro. A Camaro with a rediculous pricetag that doesnt have an arrowhead anywhere on it. What would be a lot more appealing would be a supercharged varient of the Z28 dubbed the WS6. To be worthy, GM needs to design the car in house and gives it a Pontiac title imo. Otherwise it is just another wannabe.
Haven't Firebirds always been dressed up (or dressed down) Camaros? This is by far the best iteration of a 5th gen Firebird that I have seen so far. It captures the same aggressive styling the 4th gen ram air TAs are famous for.

I agree GM needs to step up its game though. The Zeta platform Camaro isn't aging as well as originally thought. More on this in another thread.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. Firebirds do share the same basic architecture as Camaros. But look at the panels on the Firebreather and compare the current Camaro. Many of them are exactly the same. On the forth gen only the roof panel is the same. The whole front clip is different not just the front bumper cover and hood. The doors are completely different as well. From the side the Firebreather is a Camaro. However, I do like the fact that they made it look more modern than retro.

Think Sky/Solstice or Corvette/Caddy XLR. Very unique cars with their on sole even though they come from the same platform.

Last edited by ramairroughneck; 09-22-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ramairroughneck
Yes. Firebirds do share the same basic architecture as Camaros. But look at the panels on this car and compare the current Camaro. Many of them are exactly the same. On the forth gen only the roof panel is the same. The whole front clip is different not just the front bumper cover and hood. The doors are completely different as well. I do like the fact that they made it look more modern than retro. Think Sky/Solstice or Corvette/Caddy XLR. Very unique cars with their on sole. From the side the Firebreather is a Camaro.
I catch your drift. Agreed. Isn't Pontiac on its way out though? Because if that's the case, then the closest we'll ever get to a new Firebird is one of these aftermarket dress-up jobs. I still have to admit, the front and rear fascias on that Firebreather look way better than the Camaro's.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jeep_junkie
I catch your drift. Agreed. Isn't Pontiac on its way out though? Because if that's the case, then the closest we'll ever get to a new Firebird is one of these aftermarket dress-up jobs. I still have to admit, the front and rear fascias on that Firebreather look way better than the Camaro's.
Pontiac's been dead (and GM can rot for that one).

Given what GM did to the Camaro, I'm almost glad they left the Firebird dead.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Teching In

I think its another concept Trans Am. Trying to look like the 1977 or '78 Trans Am.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Pontiac is GONE, not just on it's way out, where have you been?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jeep_junkie
not on it way out. it is gone forever
Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i absolutely love the thing, now can they make it cost about as much as a camaro? Ill be the first in line
Old 09-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

As sad is it is Pontiac is no longer around .What other platform could aftermarket companies work with?Seems there is a lack of options other than waiting to see what GM does next with the camaro and trying to build off of that.same old song and dance all over again.To be honest I'm not 2 concerned, I love my 4th gen and it doesn't seem like GM can ever make a better looking "new trans am".I guess if you looked at the car as if it wasn't some concept firebird you might see something else you like about it.definitely not the price.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HoLLo
Pontiac is GONE, not just on it's way out, where have you been?
My bad guys, I knew I'd heard that Pontiac was dead but I was making sure I didn't repeat hearsay LOL. You'd think a Pontiac owner would know better, duh!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

very cool
Old 09-22-2010, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

I like it much better than the other 5th gen firebird conversions i have seen. I'm sure it will it will cost an arm and leg though!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zracer323
I like it much better than the other 5th gen firebird conversions i have seen. I'm sure it will it will cost an arm and leg though!
I have to agree with you. But, I'm still not completely sold on the 5th gen yet.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:17 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

"FORGED IN DARKNESS, BORN IN FLAMES..."

...and ready to lead the gay pride parade. Nothing like a little melodrama to introduce a black 5th 'Gen Camaro that's all set for Halloween. You gotta love the dork that was unveiling the car-you could tell the journalists were rolling their eyes. I've said it before and I'll say it again-unless they design an F-bird with it's own sheetmetal, not just modified/painted/stickered/rice'd Camaro pieces, it's always going to look like FAIL.

All hail the LS1 WS6, the greatest looking F-bird ever made...

Last edited by myk; 09-24-2010 at 02:25 AM.