General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

... how much shit did i just get into

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhowdy
fixing the hose should not result in any pains in your dick
Old 09-29-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why did u take it to a shop rather than just fixing the hose and putting fluid in it?
Old 09-29-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike171562
I got to replace my High pressure PS hose this weekend, anyone know if i have to pull the pulley off or can i get around it?
You can do it with the pulley on, it's just a pain in the ***. Be quicker to take the pulley off, swap hoses, and put the pulley back on than leaving the pulley on and trying it.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miller456
why did u take it to a shop rather than just fixing the hose and putting fluid in it?
Thats what Im saying!
justanotherLS2 - Man vs Food aint got **** on your avatar pic!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by miller456
Because I live in a downtown apartment, it needed the tire changed and and oil change anyway and I wanted them to look at it while it was on the lift for anything else I couldn't see when buying it. Plus, I wanted them to fix the air injection system anyway. I figured the pump was shot anyway.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice language......great way to begin a thread....
Old 09-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Default were here to help

If a power steering hose bothers you that much! I say get another car fbodys are not for you .
Old 09-29-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mattinokc
If a power steering hose bothers you that much! I say get another car fbodys are not for you .

i wish thats all that broke on my car lol.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
i wish thats all that broke on my car lol.
In 9 days, I've lost a turn signal, power steering hose while 30 miles from home, O2 sensor, air injection code, O2 sensor code. And I got a flat tire
Old 09-30-2010, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

i opened this thread thinking i was going to be reading a story about how you blew your motor, locked up your trans, shelled your rearend, and then spun out of control curbing all four rims.

im dissapointed in you.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSmoken
i opened this thread thinking i was going to be reading a story about how you blew your motor, locked up your trans, shelled your rearend, and then spun out of control curbing all four rims.

im dissapointed in you.

the most epic reply ever
Old 09-30-2010, 02:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

im dissapointed in you.
No ****...This dude is just a straight poon..."In 9 days I've had to like change a light bulb, and a o2 sensor, and like a oil change and ****, yo." SUCK IT UP...I **** you not, in the last 9 days, I've built a motor, dropped the blown motor out my car, swapped them, put it back in, got it running, new suspension, new exhaust, and I'm getting a dyno tune tomorrow hopefully, so keep bitchin about your o2 sensor and light bulb...
Old 09-30-2010, 03:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if a power steering hose makes your nuts hurt, i imagine your gonna be walking with a limp if you need a new battery.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
if a power steering hose makes your nuts hurt, i imagine your gonna be walking with a limp if you need a new battery.
Imagine if something like his tranny went...He'd probably be in intensive care...
Old 09-30-2010, 05:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by treyZ28
In 9 days, I've lost a turn signal, power steering hose while 30 miles from home, O2 sensor, air injection code, O2 sensor code. And I got a flat tire

wow, ive lost a motor, trans and heads more than once lol.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by squee
No ****...This dude is just a straight poon..."In 9 days I've had to like change a light bulb, and a o2 sensor, and like a oil change and ****, yo." SUCK IT UP...I **** you not, in the last 9 days, I've built a motor, dropped the blown motor out my car, swapped them, put it back in, got it running, new suspension, new exhaust, and I'm getting a dyno tune tomorrow hopefully, so keep bitchin about your o2 sensor and light bulb...
It's all relative...not everyone has the money, time, tools, space, and experience to pull an engine out, build a new one, and swap it in.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dhowdy
fixing the hose should not result in any pains in your dick
unless he tries to make sure its not plugged up..
Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

OP title =

Getting your car fixed up properly =

The humor in this thread =
Old 09-30-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

im dissapointed in you.
Give me a chance. I'll be at the track (road racing track, no drag strip) in 3 weeks.

I expected this stupid hose to have taken out a power steering pump, alternator and belts at the least. only took out belt, so I'm pretty happy, though I have a feeling there will some collateral fall out.

Originally Posted by squee
Lol, I've swapped motors, built motors, and ****- even helped design some. I've even swapped an engine in a motorcycle I've done plenty of car work. Calm down, sparky.

Originally Posted by Element
It's all relative...not everyone has the money, time, tools, space, and experience to pull an engine out, build a new one, and swap it in.
Mostly time and space. I'm moving this weekend, I just started a job with a new firm and other commitments. I also live downtown so I don't have a garage.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Didn't wanna start a new thread, but I'm pretty sure my p/s pump took a **** on me today. It was makin all kinds of noise when I turned even though it was good on fluid, but then it bled out in my driveway (and gave my alternator a good oiling). The guy who works on my car said he'd come pick it up and fix it for $100 if I get the part (I work at a parts warehouse, so it shouldn't be bad). I couldn't get around to even tryin to fix it for a few weeks, should I just go with option A?