General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

02 zl camaro supercar phase iii

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 04:01 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Ive never much understood car collecting, I buy my vehicles to drive them.
You can collect and still drive them. To me, "collecting/collection" just means that you have more than one toy in the toy box. There is good reason for this, since for some of us it's impossibile to make one car satisfy every need/want. Whether they just sit and gather dust or get driven is a different matter.

Honestly I don't know how some of you guys live with just one car. Even when I was in high school living on minimum wage jobs, I still had at least 2 cars at any given moment. One car living is just not for me.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
You can collect and still drive them. To me, "collecting/collection" just means that you have more than one toy in the toy box. There is good reason for this, since for some of us it's impossibile to make one car satisfy every need/want. Whether they just sit and gather dust or get driven is a different matter.

Honestly I don't know how some of you guys live with just one car. Even when I was in high school living on minimum wage jobs, I still had at least 2 cars at any given moment. One car living is just not for me.
My family has alot of cars so even though I've always had one car to my name ive always had access at any given time to at least 2 cars. Plus Ive always worked for car dealerships so normally if Im really in need of a car I could arrange one.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Sorry 4th gen guys, that car will never be worth a flip, you have to pay so much for it up front it just isn't practical these days. Unless it is a true specialty car of the 60's and early 70's Gm, Ford and Chrysler will never have a car that will be a collector car in the future. I don't care how far down the road it is. The biggest difference between today and yesterday is yesterday you could order anything you want and it would come straight from the assembly plant. Today you have to use an outsourced company to do all the modifications. Are they special today? I say its just another car with a shops modifications and a name plaque. And there is no value to that.
Like your shelby? Jfwy lol.

I could see something like my car or a ceta with really low mileage and agarage kept being worth something someday. But I dont buy cars for resale values, I buy them because I enjoy them. That being said I love the hell out of my SS.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:55 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

My family has alot of cars so even though I've always had one car to my name ive always had access at any given time to at least 2 cars. Plus Ive always worked for car dealerships so normally if Im really in need of a car I could arrange one.
Having a second car for basic transportation when needed is great, but that's not all I was getting at. Here's an example: Some people want a serious race car, something not at all streetable. But, they still want something fun and lightly modded to cruise in, so they need another car. Maybe they also need a truck to pull their trailer and daily drive in the winter, etc. Or, someone in my situation: I love LS1 F-bodies, but I also really wanted an "old" car again, so the collection grew. But I still drive them all.

I could see something like my car or a ceta with really low mileage and agarage kept being worth something someday. But I dont buy cars for resale values, I buy them because I enjoy them. That being said I love the hell out of my SS.
A 35th LE or a CETA won't be worth much more than a basic SS or WS6 with the same miles & condition. It takes a car with significant drivetrain option rarity (as compared to the every-day versions) to build serious value over other trim levels. Your car has the same LS1 as a plain old Z28. Now, something like an LT4 Firehawk or SS would be a possibile candidate. Or, if they had built a handful of LS6 Camaros or Trans Ams, that would also qualify.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

didn't the 02 camaro and Trans am have LS6 blocks? either way..if you buy it...drive it.. or if you have the coin and resources.. find something that needs restoring and do that.. if you choose not to keep it then atleast thats one more restored F body around for others to enjoy.
just my 2 Cents..

Last edited by Black FormulaLs1; 10-01-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i still say no 4th gen is worth that kind of money. but i wouldnt pay a ton of money for any fbody or any other musclecar.

i want this upcoming z28 badly but imo it just isnt worth it.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:40 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
didn't the 02 camaro and Trans am have LS6 blocks?
Some did, but it means nothing really; the LS6 heads/cam/intake are where the extra power is made. And they ALL came with the LS6 intake for '01+, so there's nothing rare about that either.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Sorry 4th gen guys, that car will never be worth a flip, you have to pay so much for it up front it just isn't practical these days. Unless it is a true specialty car of the 60's and early 70's Gm, Ford and Chrysler will never have a car that will be a collector car in the future. I don't care how far down the road it is. The biggest difference between today and yesterday is yesterday you could order anything you want and it would come straight from the assembly plant. Today you have to use an outsourced company to do all the modifications. Are they special today? I say its just another car with a shops modifications and a name plaque. And there is no value to that.
Cars are worth nothing. As a matter of fact, nothing is worth anything. Its all relative. Those wonderful magical cars of the 60s and 70s won't be worth **** when I'm a buyer. I will buy an Iroc or a 5.0 or a 300z. Meanwhile, the guys spending their life's fortune on them will be dead and gone, and they will go back to rotting in barns where they belong.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very rare car = lot of money.