General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Stop me from selling my z28 for a 03-04 Cobra.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,782 Likes on 1,271 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro_built7
Wouldn't you rather have 1 really sick car, maybe a motorcycle, and use the cash surplus of 6 cars to pay for a mortgage... or something?
One thing I have learned after about 15 years in this hobby, it's not possibile to do everything I want to do with just one car, for many reasons. I enjoy modern F-bodies, but I also want to have some old school muscle, so that right there requires two cars. Then my wife needs a car, and I need a daily driver, so that's two more. So I guess you could say that 4 is my minimum.

None of the cars have ever effected my housing plans/budget. And all of these cars are paid for, with the two seldom driven cars under collector insurance (very affordable), and super-cheap registration costs for the old car. So at this point the cost of ownership is actually pretty low. I could never afford to do this if I had payments on all these various cars at the same time though...lol.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
One thing I have learned after about 15 years in this hobby, it's not possibile to do everything I want to do with just one car, for many reasons. I enjoy modern F-bodies, but I also want to have some old school muscle, so that right there requires two cars. Then my wife needs a car, and I need a daily driver, so that's two more. So I guess you could say that 4 is my minimum.

None of the cars have ever effected my housing plans/budget. And all of these cars are paid for, with the two seldom driven cars under collector insurance (very affordable), and super-cheap registration costs for the old car. So at this point the cost of ownership is actually pretty low. I could never afford to do this if I had payments on all these various cars at the same time though...lol.
Finally someone that knows how i feel..Pretty much a car for everyday of the week
Old 12-11-2010, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't justify having only 2 either, so I stepped it up to 3.
some people have more money than sense, and you just proved that
Old 12-12-2010, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamaroZ28_LS1
your just being a sissy hahaha well I don't Daily Drive my SS, but I could if I wanted to. Even with all the mods I have done, it still drives nice and smooth! I love the Cobra's as well( I heard they are a pain in the *** to drive with the clutch, don't lie). But I'd have to have both. I couldn't ditch my Camaro for one since I have had a F-Body since 98, I guess I'm car loyal.
I've had 3 f-bodies, and 2 were much more modified than my formula but easier to drive. I just like the cobra better. I love the new edge styling, although the interior doesn't do much for anybody. So far the only thing I hate is the gas mileage and people ALWAYS trying to talk to me about it. I had some jackass trying to tell me about saleens and how only 200 are made a year when I was trying to get gas today.

Plus everybody I know loves this sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLE0nvQLSHs
Old 12-12-2010, 05:31 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,782 Likes on 1,271 Posts

Originally Posted by 93sspcoupe
some people have more money than sense, and you just proved that
It's not my fault that you can't afford more toys.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Eh, I think Cobra blowers are quite annoying when you are riding in the car
Old 12-12-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HoLLo

I think it sounds pretty cool. But I don't think it sounds as good as a big choppy cam. Especially early in the morning when you leave for work

haha
Old 12-12-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I barely ever hear mine, unless I get on it pretty hard. Normal day to day, not a peep from it. Now a whipple or KB you will probably hear more.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

It's not my fault that you can't afford more toys.
never said i couldnt did i....
Old 12-12-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

Dont hear it untill you get on it.....
Old 12-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Love that whine
Old 12-13-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Redcorvette2000
Dont hear it untill you get on it.....
Definitely a cool sound
Old 12-13-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had 3 f-bodies, and 2 were much more modified than my formula but easier to drive. I just like the cobra better. I love the new edge styling, although the interior doesn't do much for anybody. So far the only thing I hate is the gas mileage and people ALWAYS trying to talk to me about it. I had some jackass trying to tell me about saleens and how only 200 are made a year when I was trying to get gas today.

If you dont mind me asking, what do those things get for mileage around town? Driving "normal" and maybe getting on it once, maybe twice.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

Nice to see a terminator booking it with almost 92,000 miles on it...What kind of problems or issues have you had with the car if any? Mine is about to hit 79,000 so its getting on up there as well. I have heard of a lot of cobras running around with a lot of miles on them but never heard any feedback...
Old 12-13-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Nice to see a terminator booking it with almost 92,000 miles on it...What kind of problems or issues have you had with the car if any? Mine is about to hit 79,000 so its getting on up there as well. I have heard of a lot of cobras running around with a lot of miles on them but never heard any feedback...
It's hard to imagine 79k as being high mileage for a modern vehicle with current technology and engineering? I mean, maybe in 1975, but why should you not expect 150-200k ?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

It's hard to imagine 79k as being high mileage for a modern vehicle with current technology and engineering? I mean, maybe in 1975, but why should you not expect 150-200k ?
Depends on how its been driven of course but i have seen a lot of transmissions start having problems around that mileage...My main concern is how the stock blower holds up with the higher mileage...Just seems like to me it would start getting a little "tired"with age...I guess that seems like high mileage to me considering my 2 vettes combined have 18k on them lol
Old 12-13-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on how its been driven of course but i have seen a lot of transmissions start having problems around that mileage...My main concern is how the stock blower holds up with the higher mileage...Just seems like to me it would start getting a little "tired"with age...I guess that seems like high mileage to me considering my 2 vettes combined have 18k on them lol
The Eaton units are damn well built blowers. They are engineered as OEM equipment from the start, which is why they rarely have any trouble.

If you change the S/C oil at the scheduled intervals then the blower should last indefinitely.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
The Eaton units are damn well built blowers. They are engineered as OEM equipment from the start, which is why they rarely have any trouble.

If you change the S/C oil at the scheduled intervals then the blower should last indefinitely.
How do you change the oil in the blower and what oil should i use? This i something i need to do bc i bought the car with 76k from carmax and i highly doubt they serviced it even though they supposedly go through their cars pretty well...I also doubt the "average joe" includes this in any kind of routine maintenance so i think i should go ahead and do it...I have also been thinking about servicing my rearend and tranny but i have heard a lot of people having problems after changing the fluid in their transmissions....Should i go ahead and do this since i am daily driving it?I know this isnt a mustang forum but i figured i would ask...Matt
Old 12-14-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

How do you change the oil in the blower and what oil should i use? This i something i need to do bc i bought the car with 76k from carmax and i highly doubt they serviced it even though they supposedly go through their cars pretty well...I also doubt the "average joe" includes this in any kind of routine maintenance so i think i should go ahead and do it...I have also been thinking about servicing my rearend and tranny but i have heard a lot of people having problems after changing the fluid in their transmissions....Should i go ahead and do this since i am daily driving it?I know this isnt a mustang forum but i figured i would ask...Matt
Ford recomends changing oil after 100k miles..Others recomend every 50k...If pullied recomended every 15k miles...And its easy to do! Gotta love the internet
Old 12-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Teching In

I'm so attached to this thing ^^^^

That's my problem: I'm emotionally involved with this car (No homo)
i am only back up to page 4 when i read this. hope someone said since then to keep your car than cause it would only be a regret to change. when money becomes available to have both then look for a terminator.

i am going back to page 5 now to finish playing catch up.