General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Stop me from selling my z28 for a 03-04 Cobra.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redcorvette2000
Nice to see a terminator booking it with almost 92,000 miles on it...What kind of problems or issues have you had with the car if any? Mine is about to hit 79,000 so its getting on up there as well. I have heard of a lot of cobras running around with a lot of miles on them but never heard any feedback...
There's a guy on another forum with 250,xxx on his 03/04 Cobra. He's had to replace a few things, but I can't remember off the top of my head
Old 12-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man there is nothing like the whine of the supercharger on a cobra. If I had the money I would be driving one right now. 95% of Mustangs are gay, but the Cobra is beautiful man...

Not to mention they are pretty much BUILT to handle anything you throw at them from the factory.... great car.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

im not going to...
it was the best decision ive ever made.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

I posted in this thread a few weeks ago about an '03 cobra we had at my work a few months ago... it had headers, a bassani x-pipe, and a borla cat back. Other mods included a pulley swap, blue valve covers, and a few other things to make 500rwhp. It also had american racing wheels. Like I said, it was very fast, and it looked stunning (it was white) with the wheels and valve covers.
We just got in another '03 white cobra. This one is a convertible, and is a one owner car with only 5k miles on it. It is all stock, except for a swap to a smaller pulley. Unlike the other cobra we had, I am very unimpressed. My '08 grand cherokee with the 4.7L sounds nicer than the stock cobra exhaust IMO. In addition, the stock SVT wheels aren't nearly as nice as the american racing wheels that the other one had, and when you open the hood the engine doesn't stand out & turn heads like the other one did simply by having blue valve covers. In addition, the speed is not very impressive.
So what I am trying to say, is I would keep your camaro due to the fact that you have a lot of time and money into it, you already have it nicely modified to your liking, and it seems like you will miss it if it is gone. In my opinion, a stock cobra is not nearly as nice, unless you dress it up a bit and put some performance goodies on it. So basically you are going to have to shell out some more money on top of the already higher prices of a terminator.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dam that a hard one.. i thing i would keep the z... looks good from the sig
Old 01-17-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

The 03-04 Cobras are my fave and probably the only Mustang I would currently buy (and this is coming from a guy that owned two modded Fox 5.0 GTs) and I could easily have afforded one when I was looking for another toy.

However, to reaffirm what a couple guys said earlier: Why not a C5 Z06? They are the bargain of a lifetime right now. I may be biased, but it's not that hard to get 450rwhp out of a LS6 and have a car that will get it done in any situation...unless you need 4 seats.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TransAmRAFormula
In my opinion, a stock cobra is not nearly as nice, unless you dress it up a bit and put some performance goodies on it. So basically you are going to have to shell out some more money on top of the already higher prices of a terminator.
wow. hey thats your opinion and thats cool, but:
-american racing wheels over stock cobra wheels? fail
-cobra interior > any f-body interior

i could go on and on... but i have a feeling this thread doesnt even matter any more.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:50 PM
LCW
Staging Lane

I'm going to say keep the Camaro.. Maybe even toss a turbo on it or a procharger. Do you have any suspension work done? If so, I think your Camaro > Cobra with a little boost, although I have never driven a Cobra. Might have to test drive one. Best of luck with your decision..
Old 01-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
wow. hey thats your opinion and thats cool, but:
-american racing wheels over stock cobra wheels? fail
-cobra interior > any f-body interior
The stock cobra wheels aren't bad at all. The interior could have used some work. The seats might be a little better but the rest isn't very good for the price of the car and seems to be very comparable to an F-body. Also being taller I seem to not sit comfortably in mustangs.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LCW
I'm going to say keep the Camaro.. Maybe even toss a turbo on it or a procharger. Do you have any suspension work done? If so, I think your Camaro > Cobra with a little boost, although I have never driven a Cobra. Might have to test drive one. Best of luck with your decision..
obviously... 346 ci vs 281 ci

apples and oranges.

REGARDLESS, what did the OP decide? Any updates?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:37 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sixspeed-z
The stock cobra wheels aren't bad at all. The interior could have used some work. The seats might be a little better but the rest isn't very good for the price of the car and seems to be very comparable to an F-body. Also being taller I seem to not sit comfortably in mustangs.
The seats are ALOT better. Hell, the base cloth seats are better. I own both, so I know (2V not 4V). The interior is downright superior to an F-car. What's your status, 'OP?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:31 AM
TECH Regular

if ur gonna get rid of your car, at least get A real car like a supra, easily capable to make crazy power
Old 01-19-2011, 07:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

If you can afford the Cobra go for it
Old 01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bizerk1
if ur gonna get rid of your car, at least get A real car like a supra, easily capable to make crazy power
you shuold be banned.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,671 Likes on 1,197 Posts

Originally Posted by bizerk1
Yeah, a toyota, that's a great choice!

This thread has gone on long enough.....