General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Found a good deal on a SS! Come in!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 04:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
From what I have read the did the single on the left to beat the noise sensor when getting the cars DOT approved because the sensor was on the right side of the car, but they got caught and had to tone it down for 99+. That is what I read about the SLP 2 on the left exhaust and I could see the same idea being applied to the single on the left on the 98 cars.
Interesting, I didn't know that's why they did that. I got rid of mine quick because it looked bad, but it did sound good.

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I agree with you guys on the principle that the single outlet exhaust doesn't exactly look right, but I gotta say, if you've ever heard one you'll note that it sounds significantly better than the '99+ base SS/WS6 system.
Great sound, but I couldn't stand the looks of it. I regret trashing it though as it's a rare exhaust and I might have been able to sell it.

Originally Posted by egott_91
From GM maybe but not once they went to SLP. Mine got fitted with a dual/dual system in '98 with dual exit. So, they must have come with 1OTL if they didn't have an exhaust option.
Correct, it was the stock SS exhaust, the optional SLP exhaust was dual exit.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

67k mile SS for 7400 from a dealer. thats pretty damn cheap if you ask me. If i was in a position to buy id go grab it probably.