General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Shipping 02 Camaro across the country

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shipping 02 Camaro across the country

I'm going to be shipping my newly purchased vehicle from Eastern Shore, VA, to Tucson, AZ sometime in the next month or so. What shipping company should I use?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JeremyKrauss
I'm going to be shipping my newly purchased vehicle from Eastern Shore, VA, to Tucson, AZ sometime in the next month or so. What shipping company should I use?
Wow, no way.

I am looking to do the same, contingent on the acquisition of a full time position in either Phoenix or Tucson, AZ. It's a waiting game at this point. I'm a sucker for the weather and the freedom though.

What's your situation with the move?

I have been lightly researching it, and it seems as though you're going to spend anywhere from $850 - $1200. I did not, however, pin point any specific companies. I'm sure someone will chime in with some reputable sources.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

I just bought a camaro from a member on here, and as soon as it's ready, I'll be having it shipped. I found National Transport LLC seemed like a good price, somewhere around $800. I'm currently deployed overseas, and this is my welcome home present to myself when I get back in a couple of months.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

hope it works out, and sounds like you got your self a nice present! thanks for your service
Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 AM
TECH Addict

Not a company but if you can take the time off I would recommend flying in and driving it back so that you can look at it first hand. And would probable come out cheaper then having it shipped
Old 01-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Staging Lane

Don't use DAS Dependable Auto Shipping.The straps they use for the wheels scratched the **** out of one of my rims and they said they were not responsible because the wheels are not technically part of the car.Absolute bullshit policy and it actually said it on the paper in the fine print as well.800 dollars for a new rim.Got screwed on that deal too!Took like a month to get the car and it was damn near impossible to figure anything out about it's location or estimated time arrival.PAIN IN THE *** IN MY OPINION!
Old 01-09-2011, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, I got a quote on their website, but it seemed a little overpriced. Sorry to hear about that. I'm not sure if other companies would use the same kinds of straps, or have the same policy as far as rims, but do you have any suggestions as far as protecting them if they do?

I don't mind if it takes a month to get the car, as long as it beats me home lol.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 538 Likes on 385 Posts

Horseless Carriage, Plycon, FedEx. Excellent reliable enclosed carriers. About $1200-$1500. and no issues of '2nd parties', joyriding by the transporters during stops, or exposed carriers. You get what you pay for. Be careful of the cheap carriers. I have personally seen a car delivered by a guy pushing 80 years old that did not how to get the car off the carrier, and also by non-English speaking 'sub-contracted' haulers. Fortunately not my cars.

** One other note: The good quality carriers will be extremely busy during late January with all the AZ auctions going on. Two weeks before and 2 weeks after.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You get what you pay for and realize that if you go with a cheap shipping company, you're more than likely hiring an ex-con to take care of your new baby.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:54 PM

I used dependable auto shippers once it the past before!! DAS is what they go by..