General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Would you be interesed in a Intake Manifold like this?
Yes.
63.64%
No.
9.09%
Maybe.
18.18%
This sounds retarted!
9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Idea that has been floating around my head....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Idea that has been floating around my head....

So i've got a question for all you guys. I know there are people out there that need a sheet metal intake manifold for there setup or something and there not wanting to spend $1000's of dollars. I have been tossing the idea around for awhile to make one and possibly have them available to the public.

Now lets say I can build a intake that makes power, is affordable, and reliable? Lets just say they would be cheaper then the major brands of different intake manifolds.

I've been thinking of using Aluminum aswell as Stainless. I would have access to a flow bench and a dyno too. So there would be numbers on this piece.

Im wanting to do this as a side thing and just to help out the community. I have been in the same boat as everyone else where you would like to have something but you just cant condone myself into buying something so expensive.

This is an idea and I just wanted to know if there would be any interest at all before pursuing this.

Thanks.

Last edited by Canbarelygo; 01-19-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would be impressive to see it done. I'd rock it.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it makes decent/good power and is affordable i will be one of your first customers! Keep us posted!!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd be interested as well
Old 01-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well its just something i had the idea to do on the side. i planned on makin just my own personal one but if there is enough demand i would feel better about makin multiple pieces. as i said before i have access to a flow bench so when i get done with the first prototype and get it flowed and what not ill at least have a number to put with them. im also playin with the idea of making them made to order for bigger TBs and such. the idea is to make it fit under the stock cowl and hood and make it cheap enough to make people look at it as a better performing alternative to the bigger name brands out there.

please keep giving me feed back guys thanks.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:47 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,724 Likes on 1,236 Posts

I have no problem with people gauging interest in a potential item like this, before trying to produce it. But just keep in mind, if you plan to sell these via this site, you'll either need to become a sponsor or you'll have to sell them through a sponsor.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Sounds like a good idea
Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Veteran

I would be interested, but the thing is to have it not kill low end TQ or power. Even the Williams billet intakes are good for FI cars or big cubes, and don't likely perform well down low on an LS1/2/6 for NA setup. I encourage you to try. I'm not trying to sound like a downer, but if there was a good performing ~92mm intake option available for cheaper than $1000, we would have seen it by now.