General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Trans am to camaro... very happy, check out pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 02:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Youre still owning a mulletmobile.
Except in this car, you need to have at least shampood your mullet in the past week, unlike the 4th gens where anything goes. The 5th gen requires a fancier mullet..

You'll never catch me trading in my WS6... for ANYTHING. it's here to stay. However, when it's paid off, you will see a G8 GXP in my driveway
Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

now you got a new $35k car hualin your mullet around and thats what most of the skanks care about...unless you ignore their bullshit and tell them to start buying nicer shoes. lol
although my dates did complain about the rattles and i agreed it was crappy, i fixed that with some dynamat n ****. car is perfect to me now.

just buy a G37 like the rest of the ******** on the road

Last edited by disc0monkey; 02-23-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

its kinda ironic that OP is getting flamed for buying a 5th gen, I swear I seen people get less crap for going NON GM on this board!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

i dont think anyone flamed him for buying a 5th gen
Old 02-23-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
its kinda ironic that OP is getting flamed for buying a 5th gen, I swear I seen people get less crap for going NON GM on this board!
He is not getting flamed for getting a 5th gen, its becuase the stupid reason he posted to get it.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:19 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
its kinda ironic that OP is getting flamed for buying a 5th gen
I think he has only been flamed for buying a new car because others' told him to, and for bashing 4th gens.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
i dont think anyone flamed him for buying a 5th gen
He is not getting flamed for getting a 5th gen, its becuase the stupid reason he posted to get it.
Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I think he has only been flamed for buying a new car because others' told him to, and for bashing 4th gens.

Ahh ok, I just re-read his op.

He must be really sensitive to take people's opinion into consideration for buying a new car.

I thought Texas was fbody haven, possibly one of very rare places to ridicule f-bodies?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

both cars are nice.

you made a good choice imo.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

nice man. i personally wouldnt have done it cus i don't like camaros. now if it were a 5th gen t/a, i'd be all over it. too bad pontiac died before the birth of a new gen had a chance. im thinkin about getting a camaro and transforming it into a bird like that one company did, (but doing it with a 77-78 style) in the future when im outta school and have good money. still looks nice tho, gotta remember to shampoo that mullet every few days or you'll look like you're a white trash hell-raiser that stole the car lol
Old 02-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Entitled to your opinion

I'll drive my new SS around and enjoy the hell out of it, no reason needed

Troll

I love 4th gens

Just no argument, the fifth is better
Old 02-23-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jph2275
Entitled to your opinion

I'll drive my new SS around and enjoy the hell out of it, no reason needed

Troll
Troll...youre funny. Either way I only have to IGNORE your "epic" thread here and...voila! No more troll. Now in order for you to be less STUPID....Ill leave that to your imagination!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the hype surrounding the 5th gen during its' development in terms of power, refinement and build quality was overshadowed by the styling for me. It looks like a Hot Wheels creation come to life. This perception, on my part, is not complimentary. I can see the retro (GM LATE to the retro party!) theme but quite frankly, I feel the Mopar guys and the Ford camp executed their designs better. The rear looks awful. The dash features styling cues that were for me, the WORST part of the older cars' interior; the deep binnacles (spedo & tach) and the gauges on the shifter console (battery, fuel etc). Another issue is the weight of the 5th gen. You know, putting a big powerful engine in it was great, creating the car with little concern for curb weight is inexcusable! In many ways (esp on paper), the 5th gen is better than the 4th. In reality, there have been advancements in the platform, I'm just disappointed that after such a long hiatus that it didn't come out swinging as a leaner, meaner machine. Just too many comprimises for the sake of styling afaic. The 5th gen seats are definitely in a league far beyond what GM destined the 4th gens to be in, no argument there. The 4th gen is what it is. The 5th gen was too long showing up, and when it did, I just felt diappointed on many levels. The OP should be pleased with his new car, it seems that he was ready to move on. As long as HE is happy, I say enjoy it, kick some butt out there, and impress the ladies!

Last edited by pewter2002; 02-23-2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Enjoy your 4th gen, I'm really dumb, your totally right.

And no, your not a hater troll lol

Originally Posted by pewter2002
Well, the hype surrounding the 5th gen during its' development in terms of power, refinement and build quality was overshadowed by the styling for me. It looks like a Hot Wheels creation come to life. This perception, on my part, is not complimentary. I can see the retro (GM LATE to the retro party!) theme but quite frankly, I feel the Mopar guys and the Ford camp executed their designs better. The rear looks awful. The dash features styling cues that were for me, the WORST part of the older cars' interior; the deep binnacles (spedo & tach) and the gauges on the shiter console (battery, fuel etc). Another issue is the weight of the 5th gen. You know, putting a big powerful engine in it was great, creating the car with little concern for curb weight is inexcusable! In many ways (esp on paper), the 5th gen is better than the 4th. In reality, there have been advancements in the platform, I'm just disappointed that after such a long hiatus that it didn't come out swinging as a leaner, meaner machine. Just too many comprimises for the sake of styling afaic. The 5th gen seats are definitely in a league far beyond what GM destined the 4th gens to be in, no argument there. The 4th gen is what it is. The 5th gen was too long showing up, and when it did, I just felt diappointed on many levels. The OP should be pleased with his new car, it seems that he was ready to move on. As long as HE is happy, I say enjoy it, kick some butt out there, and impress the ladies!

Thanks friend
Old 02-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Now go forth, and destroy an import!
Sig Material.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just no argument, the fifth is better
That's open to debate.

Performance to dollar, the LS1 4th Gen owns all.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

But I did it for me, the redneck mullet comments were by jealous people anyway or my dates

They don't complain anymore!
Very nice 5th Gen!

Having said that, it sounds like you need to find different people to hang around with. If you have people or friends in your life that are "jealous" of your redneck car is it worth it for you to even give them the time of day? And if your dates are so superficial on what kind of car you drive, it's time to kick those bitches to the curb.

Bottom line is, it sounds like you're someone who caves into peer pressure, trying to please others and be someone you're not. Simply put ----- grow some ***** and drive whatever you want to drive.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Dang man, you just got into the Corvette then dropped that and were all excited about your T/A and now a new camaro?
I know a few people like that...I think its a car addiction ....
Old 02-24-2011, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice car..though if I was to go the new muscle car route again it would be the new 5.0 GT...Every once in awhille I see a nice color combo on those 5th gens and they look great but there EVERYWHERE...seriously, GM sold the **** outta them.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
That's open to debate.

Performance to dollar, the LS1 4th Gen owns all.

Some of the 5th gen owners seem to have a real superiority complex. If you like the car, that's all the justification you should need for owning it; there should be no need to put down previous generations of the same car.

Having said that, there are still some things that the 4th gen does better (performance per dollar, for example). Conversely, there are areas where the 5th gen is better too. It's all very subjective to the individual and their goals and preferances. There are things I like about both cars, and also things I dislike about both. It just so happens that overall I prefer the 4th gen, but that's no reason to bash the 5th gen.

I think there is too much direct comparasion between a generation of car that ended 8 years before the next generation arrived. It's almost like we missed a generation of Camaro ('03-'09), so now you have everyone comparing ~10 year old ~100k+ mile cars to something that's brand new. This would be similar to doing a direct comparasion between the last of the 2nd gens and the first of the 4th gens.

Originally Posted by Bramlok
Very nice 5th Gen!

Having said that, it sounds like you need to find different people to hang around with. If you have people or friends in your life that are "jealous" of your redneck car is it worth it for you to even give them the time of day? And if your dates are so superficial on what kind of car you drive, it's time to kick those bitches to the curb.

Bottom line is, it sounds like you're someone who caves into peer pressure, trying to please others and be someone you're not. Simply put ----- grow some ***** and drive whatever you want to drive.
An excellent assessment.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could not handle to f-bird anymore

every where I went, everyone told me it sounded like a redneck mobile, and I might as well grow a mullet and buy a trailer home

Patrick
Tell them some day they will break 200 horsepower with their v tec hondas that sound like bad *** weed eaters