General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Wrecked my Ws6, need help and advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaroz
Pay someone to put it on an alignment machine before you pay anyone or claim it... That will tell you if everything is out of whack but to each his own.
I think you mean frame rack? to make sure the body isn't tweaked. An alignment machine might tell if something is off but not specific enough to tell exactly what.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
I think you mean frame rack? to make sure the body isn't tweaked. An alignment machine might tell if something is off but not specific enough to tell exactly what.
Yeah, I just figured a 4 wheel alignment machine might be cheaper than a frame rack to start off with. I've never had to use one so wasn't sure on the cost. But most places will "check alignments" for $20 and ask for a printout and pay attention to the "thrust angle" which will tell you the rear axle is parallel to the front axle etc
Old 03-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

an alignment machine (a good one, John Bean(Snap-On), Hunter etc.) will be able to tell if something is bent or whatever just by the readings. The correct rear toe, caster and camber is 0, 0 and 0 on these cars because they are live axle. anything other than that would mean something is bent/ broken....your gonna want an alignment anyway if you hit the front wheels...you'll chew through some tires if not.

Quick Reply: Wrecked my Ws6, need help and advice