General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

window motors

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've replaced mine with GM motors and I've had good luck with them. I don't recommend ever taking the regulator out because people end up damaging/elongating the factory fiberglass holes. As a result, you end up having a tremendous clunk when the window gets at the end of its cycle and it just gets worse with time. I usually drill 3 small holes to get to the rivets holding the old motor then bolt in the new motor. It works out well if you ever need to replace the motor again.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by T-Top
Thanks cheap guy. Was it a pretty reasonably simple install? The concept seems pretty easy and simple.
If you're talking about the Autotrix, yes it was fairly easy but time consuming, mainly due to the routing and connecting of wires properly. If you have basic skills and a little patience, it's not a bad deal. The thing that I did do was solder rather than crimping connections since the crimps seemed a little cheap.

I hate taking my door panel off so I'm going to do the autotrix and replace my passenger door speaker at the same time.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboStangJON
I've replaced mine with GM motors and I've had good luck with them. I don't recommend ever taking the regulator out because people end up damaging/elongating the factory fiberglass holes. As a result, you end up having a tremendous clunk when the window gets at the end of its cycle and it just gets worse with time. I usually drill 3 small holes to get to the rivets holding the old motor then bolt in the new motor. It works out well if you ever need to replace the motor again.

I did my first one with a GM motor and the parts guy said the only way he could get it was with the regulator. He was a buddy and at his cost was $125. The ACI motor I just bought was $50 and I get one free replacement. But switching the regulator over is one HUGE PITA.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
I did my first one with a GM motor and the parts guy said the only way he could get it was with the regulator. He was a buddy and at his cost was $125. The ACI motor I just bought was $50 and I get one free replacement. But switching the regulator over is one HUGE PITA.
Wow! Thats weird because my parts department sells the motors seperate and I don't think I've ever taken a regulator out. That's good that you get one free replacement because they all go bad eventually.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm.. My driver's side window started clicking. So I probably need to put a motor in it and do the autotrix.. *****..