General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What are some questions you get asked about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
I forgot, I get asked that a lot too. "It's an auto? Awe..." Yeah I know, still fast enough for me.
Most people that say that know nothing about cars in general. Next time someone gets butthurt that your car is an A4, ask them if they want to line 'em up.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wav3form
Most people that say that know nothing about cars in general. Next time someone gets butthurt that your car is an A4, ask them if they want to line 'em up.
I should!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

My favorite question is WHY is it so loud? ( always from women ). I just tell them my muffler fell off.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Banned

the MAIN question and the one i ******* HATE the most is " dude WTF is wrong with your car it's making a squeling/whistling sound and you better get that checkout out asap before your car catches on fire!!"..I retort with "my car is PROCHARGED dude and it's suppose to sound like that"..wich makes me just as dumb as them for thinking they even know what a Procharger is..hated question # 2..why you running a slow *** automatic?...I retort with " Well it's a fully built 4L60E with a 3000 TCI stall and has a Moser 12 bolt with 3.90 gears and would *** rape most manuals in the 8th mile"...common reply is "yeah in your dreams"...FML!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you're hanging around with some people that ping real low on the intelligence meter it sounds like.

ad I'd say if you're in the low 11s, you'd "*** rape" most any manual in the 1/4 too in terms of most stock cars out there.

Maybe you should educate these people about the fact that many pro drag racers use powerglide AUTOMATICS? (probably have a manual body but.. still..)
Old 11-10-2011, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

I think someone asked me how fast does it go.. I replied with "it doesnt" lol
Old 11-13-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

A couple others I get tired of are what do you think of the new camaro? And why don't you put a big block in there?

The new one is coil and i wouldyou take one for free but not gonna spend the money. And a big block is a waste when you can do h/c/n2o and still have good mpg.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
anyone ever been asked what its like to have sex in your car?
Yes, I have. And yes, I have done so.

My coworker asked and then said "Props, it looks like a bitch to get it on in." lol

I said "You have no idea!"
Old 11-13-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Its too easy to get it on in an fbody.. drop the back seats, move the front seats forward, open the hatch.... beat the brakes off it from behind... yessirrrrr....
Old 11-13-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
Its too easy to get it on in an fbody.. drop the back seats, move the front seats forward, open the hatch.... beat the brakes off it from behind... yessirrrrr....
Haha yeah, we were on a look-out so there were others around us, lol! So we had to stay inside my heavy tinted Camaro
Old 11-13-2011, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BStowers023
Here are some of the great questions I get.

1. What's the fastest you've got it up to?
2. What kind of pipes do you have?
3. Is it running right? it sounds like it's gonna blow up.
4. What is in that?
5. Can you do a burnout?
6. Is that stock? (my license plate is personalized and says STOCK)
7. Have you ever raced anyone?
8. My buddy has a camaro too, what year is that? (I have a 2002 WS6 LOL)
I get all of the above plus:

Does it have the supercharger?
Nitrous?
Is that a Trans Am?
Is that a 2008?
Does it have a computer chip?
I bet it gets shitty gas mileage.
Does it have the 6 speed? Me: . Them:
Can I go for a ride?

Last edited by flintwrench69; 11-14-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CranMaro99
Haha yeah, we were on a look-out so there were others around us, lol! So we had to stay inside my heavy tinted Camaro

well, popping the hatch is so you can breathe and let out some of the aromas... haha (you guys dont even act like youve never hit a dirty piece)
Old 11-14-2011, 12:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blt91RS
It's just frustrating answering questions from people who think they know about cars but really know absolutely nothing. I'm sure everyone agrees you basically have to dumb down your answers in order for people to understand what your talking about.
I know exactly what you mean. One time a kid who drives a riced out 98 4 cylinder eclipse was talking about running cars at the track, and said because mine was an automatic I shouldn't even bother running. After replying that automatics are still just fine for the track, he said "Yeah but with manuals you can mess with it more and it's easier to do."

Unfortunately, I have also gotten "is that the 350?" before.

What pissed me off the most was when I was at oil express to get my oil changed, and all of the guys that worked there crowded around the exposed engine bay while I was waiting and started....conversing.
"It's the LT1."
"Yeah I know, same motor as the corvette!"

I tell them that it's the LS1 and one guy replies "It is?!" Judging by his look of disbelief I could easily tell that he wasn't convinced. He turned his head and continued staring right at the LS1 in my 99 camaro Z28. Then one guy who owned a POS Del Sol kept saying he liked racing, and asked if "I like to go fast." When I told him I tend to go easy on the pedal to be safe and avoid cops, he looked disgusted
They wanted me to do a burnout before leaving too....

Autozone employees, Tire Discounters employees, Oil Express, Pep Boys, Jiffy Lube...are the worst. Not all of them, but a lot of them tend to be extremely misinformed. Being misinformed is fine, you can't know everything about everything when it comes to cars. But the worst part is when they ACT like they are informed and know everything there is to know about them just because they work in an automotive-related field. It's mainly a problem with younger guys. I'm only 18 and I don't act like that..
Good lord...some of these guys seem like they came straight out of Taladega Nights
Old 11-14-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Looking at a 2002 Z28: "Is that a 2010 Camaro?"

"That thing's loud, how fast is it?"
Old 11-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Launching!

A kid on base here told me today he has a 1981 corvette and I said cool man, and then he wanted to race me I said okay for how much? He said really man? You think that could keep up with my vette? I replied I doubt it, but we can see. Then he replies, well I don't race for money but i've never lost to a v6 wow just wow.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Banned

Lol he was about too
Old 11-15-2011, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Like others have said, I sometimes get the "does that thing have the vette motor?" or "does that have a 350 in it?" or "I bet that thing loves gas stations." It usually blows their mind when I tell them it gets 17-19.

And of course the "ahhh, is that thing an automatic?" Yep dude, stalled autos are weak sauce.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get the whole "its an automatic so it must be slow"...lol
My boss who is a real scum bag thinks his 09 Titan Pro4X is a 12 second truck and my Camaro is a 15 second car and wants to race for pinks. I finally shut him up when I told him lets race at the strip for pinks...he seems to only want to race public streets so he can make excuses.

But yea people who are uneducated say "why did you buy a convertible when they weigh so much more" My car weighs 3800 with everything in it including the Wolfe roll bar and my 260lb *** so I dont think its much heavier than other Camaros.

For the most part I get compliments but I get the jealous ones as well...the ones who tell other people that they have a car or a friend who has a car or a friends friend who has a car that can beat yours but they never say anything directly to you.

I love these cars and the people I have met make it that much better to own one so I dont get upset when people talk ****, lifes too short and I have other important things to worry about.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Every autozone worker and redneck around (I'm in Nashville, so that's a lot of rednecks) thinks they are an expert on chevelles because their cousin's brother's high school buddy "had one just like that" 30 years ago. "Is it for sale?" is the question I get most often and there are of course a variety of stupid questions or statements about chevelles not having ls1s, all SS cars being 454s and meaningless statistics and facts that I know are wrong but I don't argue because I don't care. It's not for sale, **** off, and yes it might have cost $4k 41 years ago but that was then and this is now. Believe it or not that $4000 is an offer I [I]can[I] refuse.

"Is that a convertible", and "what year GTO is that" are probably two of the best questions I've gotten (the latter coming after the guy read my trunk tag, and was convinced I had made a mistake). Wasn't quite sure how to answer the convertible one though. "Um, no?"
When I'm cruising around people pull up at lights on occassion and ask if I want to race, I generally just reply that I don't have time for them to run home and get their car.
Some people are genuinely interested in the swap stuff and want to talk about what it takes, problems and etc and that is cool. Most people however are not cool.

What's worse than the questions is all the people telling me what I should/ should not have done and what they would do. Of course, none of these people ever have a car of their own.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

I always get how fast can it go
Is it stick or auto..then the dissapointed look. People will never learn a stalled auto is better
Is it v4 or v6. I walked away
Kid in my school was bragging about his Jeep being a 4.8l or some **** like that. I reply back with my Camaro is 5.7. He then proceeds to go on a rant how thats the stupidest thing hes ever heard of why they would put a big motor in a little car. Then he said i must get 10 mpg. I replied with 18 and he got mad and walked away.

Quick Reply: What are some questions you get asked about your car?