General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Thinking about picking up this 01 ta with rebuilt title

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about picking up this 01 ta with rebuilt title

Found a 01 trans am with a rebuilt title, needs some work. I was thinking about picking it up, fixing it and selling, but I was just curious how bad the rebuilt title would affect the re sale value
Old 07-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're doing it for you you might be able to rebuild and keep it for a reasonable amount, but I cant see you commanding a decent price for a 12 year old car with a salvage title. It probably wouldnt be worth your investment unless you have a supply of parts cars that arent costing you anything more
Old 07-28-2013, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

well the body is straight, just in primer. just didn't know what it would be worth. ls1 cars seem to sale pretty good around here lol
Old 07-28-2013, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 521 Likes on 375 Posts

This has been discussed many times here on LS1Tech. A 'bad title' car is generally something to avoid and the market reflects that. 50% off price guide values is common when these cars are bought and sold. The buyers for these type cars is also quite limited. I sure don't want one, and many others feel that same way. There are many F-bodies for sale right now and although many owners are asking a lot, real world sales indicate that they are not getting those high prices. Don't be mislead by those asking prices. A lot of negotiating is going on behind the scene. Many owners here have wonderful cars for sale with clean titles. They are not easy to sell for the money they want. Adding on a bad title to a car makes it that much tougher. The bad title never goes away. It is the 'old albatross' analogy. As posted above, if you can get a great deal for yourself at about half off and you know the car's history completely, then it could be a reasonable gamble. Some body damaged cars (certainly not flood cars) can be fixed properly, but forget about flipping it for a profit. Some professional sellers pull that stuff off and sell them. No thanks!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That guy^ Great person to listen to for advises when it comes to buying a vehicle. Lol
Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for your input guys, I'm gonna pass on the car. Once I got home and the excitement of getting a new toy wore off I thought about the work it needed. I was just gonna fix the small problems, have some fun with it, then sale it and hopefully get my money back. Sold my Camaro a while back and I miss having an ls car
Old 07-29-2013, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You will eventually find a good deal man. Keep an eye out.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

I refuse to buy rebuit cars. period. Why? Because you never know.
As has been mentioned before, I can't see you obtaining a decent price on a rebuilt vehicle. they just carry a stigma.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I bought mine rebuilt salvage title. It was stock and never touched. It was due to abandoned property.

Quick Reply: Thinking about picking up this 01 ta with rebuilt title