General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Why do some 4th gen sellers think they're sitting on a goldmine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slt200mph
You folks have beat this topic to death. It is real simple a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. On the other related subject unrealistic sellers are every where selling everything. There is no shortage of those kind of people. Mine was 3 years old with less than 10k miles on it and was in great condition when I bought it. I bought it for less than loan value. After 270,000 + miles it still turns heads and brings compliments. I probably will never sell it. Its a fun car that I know like the back of my hand. It is the last of the simple hot rods that you can work on and modify that GM produced.
We'll I think this thread is officially dead, I sold my car for almost what I wanted so that means that " you can have a gold mine with your 4th gen car" so we don't need to debate it anymore
Old 03-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

I just wanted to add that mine was for sale for a week or so and i had some interest in it.....one member here was very serious. But, I changed my mind and decided not to sell it. I like this car to the point I couldn't stand to see it go away......and that's why it's like a gold mine to me!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Teching In

I'm not sure if we wanted this thread to die, but I wanted to update, I picked up a 96 Camaro with a swapped LS1 for $3200. I do not know a lot about what mods or anything yet, haven't been able to get under her yet (It has been too cold). Will try and start a thread as suggested in the appropriate forum soon. I have updated her in my "garage".
Thanks again guys, I have a long road ahead of me but if I can just help ONE person it will be worth it. ~Peace
Old 03-26-2014, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TickdCarolinaGirl
I'm not sure if we wanted this thread to die, but I wanted to update, I picked up a 96 Camaro with a swapped LS1 for $3200. I do not know a lot about what mods or anything yet, haven't been able to get under her yet (It has been too cold). Will try and start a thread as suggested in the appropriate forum soon. I have updated her in my "garage".
Thanks again guys, I have a long road ahead of me but if I can just help ONE person it will be worth it. ~Peace
Thats great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:01 AM
Staging Lane

Default Congratulations

Originally Posted by TickdCarolinaGirl
Congratulations on your find. I will be waiting on your next post.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

I'm about to drop $18k on a 2000 WS6 with very low miles and about $15k in tasteful mods. It's worth every penny considering what the guy paid for it new and what he spent after the fact.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WarlordZ
I'm about to drop $18k on a 2000 WS6 with very low miles and about $15k in tasteful mods. It's worth every penny considering what the guy paid for it new and what he spent after the fact.
make sure and post that up when you buy it!!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knowing it is not a gold mine is why the 01 T/A I bought new is still sitting in the garage, with 45 or 46k miles. It probably has as much on mods and repairs as it cost new. But in the process of blowing the motor twice, transmission once, one broken diff & cluch, and wearing out 48 tires, it has been a huge amount of fun.

Priceless, no, but it was worth it. It will always remind me of the time I went past a state trooper on the side of the road while traveling 165mph, and he just waved.

Prices will stay low on the rest until I sell my 1LE. I figure when I sell it, prices will have to spike shortly after. Murphy and all.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hardbones
make sure and post that up when you buy it!!
well...not as low mileage as yours but low miles nonetheless.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Banned

I wouldn't ever buy a modded car just imo. It seems like every modded car i bought or my friends bought they broke down with in a month. Also no modding to a 4th gen would drive up the price to 18k not even a turbo system on it. Id pay 15k at most for a turbo ta and even then id probably buy something else instead
Old 03-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by "MAC"
I wouldn't ever buy a modded car just imo. It seems like every modded car i bought or my friends bought they broke down with in a month. Also no modding to a 4th gen would drive up the price to 18k not even a turbo system on it. Id pay 15k at most for a turbo ta and even then id probably buy something else instead
that's your opinion. I tend to spend a fortune on mods. In this case, it's already been spent.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Banned

Does the mods atleast have a warranty still?
Old 03-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Does the mods atleast have a warranty still?
Have you ever seen a used car with mods that had a warranty?
Old 03-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

On top of that, I happen to know exactly what I'm looking at. I may be new to the board but I'm not new to the game.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Banned

On top of that, I happen to know exactly what I'm looking at. I may be new to the board but I'm not new to the game.
Yes ive seen plenty of old cars with warranty on them! And don't take offense dude lol just gave my opinion is all
Old 03-27-2014, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Yes ive seen plenty of old cars with warranty on them! And don't take offense dude lol just gave my opinion is all
I'm not taking offense but from what I've read on this board you just so happen to be the authority on every subject.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

I've been looking for quite a while and to be honest there are lots of WS6/SS cars with 100k + miles with several issues and they are still asking $10k.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Banned

I'm not taking offense but from what I've read on this board you just so happen to be the authority on every subject.
Lol wtf um no i grew up around cars and my dad is in the car business most his life and has always made me make better decisions when it comes to buy a car. Sry you dont agree i could care less have fun with the car. If it breaks down or needs a constant repairs dont post it up bc ill be here to say i told ya so n if you so happen to be lucky unlike most people that i know that buy modded cars then congratulations
Old 03-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Banned

I've been looking for quite a while and to be honest there are lots of WS6/SS cars with 100k + miles with several issues and they are still asking $10k.
Yup even mine has some issues but atleast i was asking a good solid price for my car. 7500 was the bottom line i would have taken and thats even with all the parts i had ordered to fix some of the problems
Old 03-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Lol wtf um no i grew up around cars and my dad is in the car business most his life and has always made me make better decisions when it comes to buy a car. Sry you dont agree i could care less have fun with the car. If it breaks down or needs a constant repairs dont post it up bc ill be here to say i told ya so n if you so happen to be lucky unlike most people that i know that buy modded cars then congratulations
like I said...

Quick Reply: Why do some 4th gen sellers think they're sitting on a goldmine?