General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Slp dual dual with ring of silence

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Slp dual dual with ring of silence

Anyone have the slp dual dual and came with the rinh of silesilence, of yours had it, how did you removed it and where exactly is it located
Old 06-21-2017, 06:10 AM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine didnt have it but I drilled a small hole for a borescope where the tail pipe meets the muffler. Peeked through to see if there was one then welded it back. If it does then just remove the tip side needed drill it out and vacuum.
Attached Thumbnails Slp dual dual with ring of silence-dual.png  
Old 06-21-2017, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

So the ring could be in either side?
Old 06-21-2017, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

what's this "ring of silence" on the muffler? is this something only on the SLP mufflers?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fst100
what's this "ring of silence" on the muffler? is this something only on the SLP mufflers?
yes some of the 98-02 with slp dual dual catback came with a ring of silence not all only some, supposedly is in the driver side where the tail pipe conncets to the muffler inlet, I've read that if your tail pipe is cleaner than the other one then you have it or if it throws less air from the other one, the ring of silence reduces the restriction of the inside of the pipe to make it quieter supposedly
Old 06-22-2017, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

My understanding is if the SLP Dual / Dual was purchased directly from SLP it didn't have the Ring of Silence. The SLP Dual /Dual I bought direct that's on my TA didn't have a RoS.

The SLP D/D 's that came on the car as an installed option or part of the Firehawk package often have the RoS. I'm not sure of when the RoS was added. I think it was added due to a noise standard at some point during 4th gen fbody production.

The used SLP Dual /Dual on my 91RS had the RoS removed by the prior owner. When he added different tips. iIRC he said it was on the driver side.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Yes thats what I underetood too only some came with it, the one i just bought was tsken off a camaro ss idk about the year tho, so if it has the RoS it should be on the driver side then?
Old 08-04-2017, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Default Slp dual dual

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
My understanding is if the SLP Dual / Dual was purchased directly from SLP it didn't have the Ring of Silence. The SLP Dual /Dual I bought direct that's on my TA didn't have a RoS.

The SLP D/D 's that came on the car as an installed option or part of the Firehawk package often have the RoS. I'm not sure of when the RoS was added. I think it was added due to a noise standard at some point during 4th gen fbody production.

The used SLP Dual /Dual on my 91RS had the RoS removed by the prior owner. When he added different tips. iIRC he said it was on the driver side.
would you sell your dual dual?

Quick Reply: Slp dual dual with ring of silence