General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Texas Speed & Performance Engines

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 03:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Speed & Performance Engines

On average are people satisfied with TSP built engines in terms of quality/durability? Googling around it seems comments are generally positive, although I do run into the odd thread about new engines burning oil and on Camaro5 there seems to be several complaints (not necessarily about engine quality, but the business in general). Before spending big money would be nice to have piece of mind, but I appreciate nobody will have 100% positive feedback (back in the day everybody was nut-hugging HKE, but Erik took my money and no delivered an engine after 2yrs)
Old 12-11-2018, 03:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 244 Likes on 186 Posts

Since TSP relocated to Georgetown and added a very impressive areay of machines, professionals, and now sleeve options, we havent heard any complaints.

Alot of the issues are normally assembly error by the installer etc or **** poor tunes or heads and cam combo bought other places or thrown together.

They literally do everything in house. The biggest issue beyond that is every guy that spends 1k thinks he should get to the head of the line. They start counting when the money leaves their card and on Monday after week 3 "its been 4 weeks now where is it"

They do so much more than other places do especially if you have them install your cam or build a long block or turn key. They will digitally degree your cam. Their lead assembler has been in the business longer than quite a few here on tech.

Their gold standard at the moment is their 5th snd 6th gen cars and Leroy the Savage, Ray Bulach's car, and Agent Orange. Record holders and record setters. There is no other place that machines the heads, and right down the row machines the cam for it, then machines the block a little further down as well as balances in house.

They are top notch. We don't sell alot of then because we dont advertise them. We really arent set up for that, plus the fees on such a large transaction eat up any margin. I say that because im not trying to plug them because we make money on them. Im backing them because they are quality.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Teching In

They seem to be highly recommended...At least for their cams.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,946 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Originally Posted by efnfast
On average are people satisfied with TSP built engines in terms of quality/durability? Googling around it seems comments are generally positive, although I do run into the odd thread about new engines burning oil and on Camaro5 there seems to be several complaints (not necessarily about engine quality, but the business in general). Before spending big money would be nice to have piece of mind, but I appreciate nobody will have 100% positive feedback (back in the day everybody was nut-hugging HKE, but Erik took my money and no delivered an engine after 2yrs)
Wow unbelievable! Texas Speed is one of if not the leader in the industry. I would put my trust into them before any one person or shop out there claiming to be professional engine builders. This is coming from a guy that had all of his valves stolen out of his TSP PRC heads from a local LS guru. And I wouldn't put it past some of these hole in the wall shops to not help themselves to your goodies and toss in some junk. I should have just sent my heads back to TSP for inspection and at least then I'd know I was dealing with true professionals in the business.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 863 Likes on 659 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I like my TSP stage 1 243 heads. Can't be beat for the price.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I've dealt with them a few times. I probably sent 50 emails to them helping me with choosing the right parts for my build. I've bought my cam, heads, injectors, some feeling system parts among other things from them. If I could afford a turn key from them, I would only but from them.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default First Class

I have been to their shop and was truly amazed at the excellent work and customer satisfaction they strive for. They did my 5.3 862 heads and they are beautiful and they were a pleasure to work with. The staff is very knowledgeable regarding the LS platform. If you ever get the chance, get them to take you on a shop tour, Beautiful CLEAN facility with all the latest CNC equipment. Going back soon to get more head work done...
Old 02-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Teching In

I have a 417Ci high compression short block from them