General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Should I get a an LS1 Trans Am? or Cobra???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a lot of people spewing about Cobras here. If you don't know what
you're talking about, don't perpetuate rumors and false information.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IRONBULL
Funny how modular blue ovals have to be blown/turbo'd to be quick/fast.
So you're sayin an 04 Mach 1 isn't quick/fast???
my buddy had (owned for 13 days before totaling it - dui...) an 04 Mach 1 - specs said 13.19 in the quarter.....and it wasn't blown/turbo'd...

getting back on topic - I myself find the choice between an LS1 WS6 (silver) or a 03/04 cobra (blue) preposterous to pick just one. Both are out of the box fast, both are veryyyy easy to make alot faster (w/ the upperhand going to the cobra, since it's blown), and both are very sexy cars...but the cobra's gonna run ya more - say 28k when you could buy a REALLLY nice WS6 for 20k and start moddin w/ the money you'd save over a cobra

My advice - drive em both, really THINK about it, and buy the one your heart tells you too. If you like the Cobra better but think "it's alot more" and end up buying a LS1, you're always gonna think about it when you see a cobra (and vice versa)

Last edited by Nate81Camaro; 07-17-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the cobra is the faster car dollar for dollar, however the only reasons I chose my 01 Ws6 were for the t-tops and the look. I think the Ws6 is just plain nasty. The cobra's are no joke, look hot, but my personal preference sides w/the TA.

If i had to get a cobra and found one for a decent price, would i pass it up? Probly not.

Quick Reply: Should I get a an LS1 Trans Am? or Cobra???