General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Speeding Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CockerKid009
i agree that some schemes are just money makers... for instance the first week of school there is about 10 cops scattered throughout ( my h.s is waaaay in the country so many country roads to patrol). It's a regular sting operation the first week. People are gettin nabbed left and right. They prolly get 15 kids a morning. After that not a one the whole yr. one of my friends got a ticket for taking off his seatbelt before he got into his parking spot. That would have pissed me off horribly if that was me.

In my opinion what they did wrong was stop enforcing the rules of the road later in the school year.

Nobody ever got a ticket going to or from my high school, so far as I knew, and most more than deserved a handfull. To this day I am amazed nobody died while I was a student there. Happened right in front of the school too.

Many of the teachers remembered more than one student who did. One was in a Jeep Wranger, no seatbelt, driving like a you-know-what, flipped the Jeep and their head ended up between the pavement and the roll bar when it landed. Happened right in front of the school too.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Rabada
I am just wondering, because I know that there are cops who are on this forum, but what do you spend most of your time out on patrol doing?
Looking for explosives with my K-9 partner.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is strange. Where I live you can always go on probation when you get a ticket. It will never go on your record unless you break probation with a second ticket.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LawmanSS
eating donuts and sleeping under a nice shade tree, trying not to deal with 10-50s and 20s lol....or working proactive/reactive patrol in the protection of the public
Old 07-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Teching In

I figured that K-9 units would spend most of their time looking for drugs.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

they do it all, depends on where there beat is...
Old 07-22-2006, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by staringback05
they do it all, depends on where there beat is...

Absolutey.

Also may depend on the dog in question.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
I've had my car for over five years, been pulled over about 15 times and have received only one ticket...which was not even a moving violation. I have been pulled over going tripe digits in a 30 mph zone (empty country road), drag racing and destroying some slow Honda, doing a donut in a parking lot, exibiting my car's performance from 0-60 on a country road....and I have one non moving violation. Yeah, they are out to do nothing but write tickets.

Do you know how many people are killed in automobile accients every year? Do you? Do you know how many are attributed to speed? Go check the thread about the guy racing his SS who lost control, swerved into the other lane, hit a truck and died.

Edit:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-lsx-automobile-discussion/545416-ss-driver-killed-while-racing.html

Your the biggest hypocrite ive ever seen in my life

What do you do the cop??
Old 07-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Edit: I routinely go 10 mph over the speed limit with cops on my butt or right past them as they are hiding and gunning people. Never been pulled over doing so. Sometimes I go 15-18 mph over, depending on the road. I drive what I feel is reasonable for the road, traffic and weather conditions and am not hastled over it.
either you are full of **** or the cops in your area are a lot nicer than here.

i started this thread hoping to get a few tips to help my buddy get out of a ticket. now all it's turned into is a bunch of people bitching about police or people who bitch about speeding tickets. thanks to all who helped out and i will tell him your advice.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SLVR_99-Z

i started this thread hoping to get a few tips to help my buddy get out of a ticket. now all it's turned into is a bunch of people bitching about police or people who bitch about speeding tickets. thanks to all who helped out and i will tell him your advice.

knew this BS was gonna happen

The best thing for your friend to do is get a lawyer a GOOD lawyer and some $$$ can get you out of just about anything

Good luck to your friend, I am also in the process of looking for a lawyer for a 15 over ticket
Old 07-22-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Are you just making a statement or are you implying that finding explosives is not as important as finding drugs? Can't tell since there's no "tone" on the internet...

As far as finding both drugs and explosives with one dog: The problem with a dog that finds both explosives and drugs is how you handle it when the dog responds (finds something)...do you run like hell and call the bomb squad or do you get a warrant and tear into the package? This is why dogs are rarely (if ever) trained to find both...
Old 07-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Are you just making a statement or are you implying that finding explosives is not as important as finding drugs? Can't tell since there's no "tone" on the internet...

As far as finding both drugs and explosives with one dog: The problem with a dog that finds both explosives and drugs is how you handle it when the dog responds (finds something)...do you run like hell and call the bomb squad or do you get a warrant and tear into the package? This is why dogs are rarely (if ever) trained to find both...
I was pretty much just making a statement, this is starting to get quite off topic, so I will stop here.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by seth webster
Your the biggest hypocrite ive ever seen in my life

If you really want I will explain the exact circumstances around every incident I mentioned:

Running the 1/4 mile, as measured by a G-Tech, on a completey deserted country road which I reconned right before hand AND had a buddy at the far end with a two way radio to monitor potential traffic is no less safe than running down the track.

Also, going 0-60 on a similerly deserted country road; doing a donut in an empty parking lot; and going 0-60 on a four lane divided highway with a speed limit of 55, zero oncoming traffic and zero traffic in front of us plus zero side roads for traffic to enter from are acceptably safe. This is why I was not given any tickets. I do nothing reckless.

Originally Posted by SLVR_99-Z

Around here a lot of peopel drive 10 mph over the limit. I have always assumed 8-10 over to be the real life speed limit and it has worked so far. When cops sit and radar people here in Indiana they are typically looking for the real speeders, not simply people who don't like to dilly dally at the posted speed limit.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

this is what you do. go to the clerk of court or whatever they call them there and ask them if to have it dropped to a non-moving violation. what they do where i'm from is they'll drop it to a non-moving but you'll still have to pay the full amount. non-moving= doesn't go on insurance. about the broken speedo that's improper equipment here which is also another ticket so he just needs to get it fixed and try for the non-moving.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

down here if they sit, you call the supervisor lol....let him deal with it...they cant tell the difference so we just know its something bad...and depends on what the motive could be....bottom line is that the dogs also rip ***....something we all left out
Old 07-23-2006, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

fight it all the way thoughtfully and calmly(but be sure don't make enemies), and there's always a chance. and a radar detector won't save you every time, but it's a good investment, I like my bell rx95pro or whatever it is.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
I've had my car for over five years, been pulled over about 15 times and have received only one ticket...which was not even a moving violation. I have been pulled over going tripe digits in a 30 mph zone (empty country road), drag racing and destroying some slow Honda, doing a donut in a parking lot, exibiting my car's performance from 0-60 on a country road....and I have one non moving violation. Yeah, they are out to do nothing but write tickets.
Edit:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=545416
try doing any of that in nj. you would of haven 15 tickets all with lots of points. and lost your liscenes multiple times..you get pulled over in jersey the only way your not getting a ticket is if they cant pull anything out of thin air. there are way to many cars here, we already have to pay out the *** unless your over 25 with a clean record then it slowly gets alil less. have you ever been chased by a car you didnt know was a cop car , thinking they were trying to ram your car, blown them away then they turn there lights on ? and given you a wreckless ticket for them trying to ram you ?? try driving in jersey you'll change your mind real quick about whats deserved. ever drive on the wrong road at the wrong time? i was coming home one night from the movies in a V6! f150, went down a road i didnt know was a street racing road. and got 5 point's just for being on that road at that time. (yeah i was trying to race in a v6 stick f159 filled with tools sounds logical dumb cops).. and driving slow causes more accidents then speeding. people in nj tailgate if you arent doing atleast 10 over the limit and tailgate to where you cant see there damn headlights. it is just to get money. the cops get payed more then most jobs around here plus benifits healthcare, pension and still they complain about there pay. theres no saftey involved in there methods, if cops did there job right and actually payed attention to the drivers instead of looking for speeders maybe my grandmother wouldnt be dead or wouldn't of died then atleast, my sister might not be in a wheelchair at the age of 3 from some drunk ****...i might of not been close to being in an accident from a dd driving right into the back of a truck towing a boat... and watching the a$$hat get out of his car and throw his alcohol over the rail to try and get out of it(then the cop has ***** to give me **** about telling him what the dd just did, must of been a dd on duty cop what a worthless human ). still think cops are only in it for safty ? please... crock of man. they want money$ and lots of it like any other job.