General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: What brand gasoline do you use?
Sunoco
12.89%
Shell
28.16%
Amoco
14.21%
Exxon
12.89%
other
31.84%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

What brand gasoline do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
You nailed it.

I have never been there but based on everything I have heard and read that right there is the biggest problem....especially when it comes to being broke.

Not only that, but some of the people elected are complete morons. I know it's easy to call a politician a moron, but they have some really "special" people there.
yeah the politicain's here deffinitly have alot of screws loose. soon were gonna hafto have a permit before we can take a ****. i wanna move. the state troopers for the most part are the worst cops in the country -total dicks(i have driven in most states). the waters good, the dirts nice. thats about it most neighbors are usually arch enimies for stupid **** or any reason they can find to have confrentations. there seems to be a new pointless law every day. cops harrased me on my own property for riding my dirtbike (i could of sued but then they would all be after me like the plauge)...i think one day nj inhabitants will just get fed up and kill eachother.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chevron
Old 07-21-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use chevron.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00454sscamaro
the waters good, the dirts nice. thats about it most neighbors are usually arch enimies for stupid **** or any reason they can find to have confrentations. there seems to be a new pointless law every day. i think one day nj inhabitants will just get fed up and kill eachother.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

I use BP only, ive used shell once because i had 1 gallon left in the tank and about 80 miles away from home.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00454sscamaro
thats about it most neighbors are usually arch enimies for stupid **** or any reason they can find to have confrentations.
When I lived there I hardly knew any of my neighbors (very unfriendly), now I am friends with all my immediate neighbors and know most people in the neighborhood. big difference
Old 07-21-2006, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Shatterz
I actually think its a very bad idea to not have people pump their own gas. Number one reason is that many people I see pull into the station and don't shut their cars off and some just hold their foot on the break while their still in DRIVE and just tell them to fill it up. The indians and turbins don't give a **** for safety either and don't enfore motor shut off (which it says to do right on the pump).

If people had to get out and do it themselves they'd learn a little more about their car and maybe take a glance at all the precautions and warnings posted on the pump.

And this goes out to everyone who uses cell phones while filling up, don't believe its a problem? Read this

Subject: SAFETY ALERT - Mobile Phones and Refueling Don't mix

What's the problem

The Shell Oil Company recently issued a warning about three incidents where Mobile Phones have ignited fumes while being answered or ringing during fueling operations.

What specifically happened

Case 1
The phone was placed on the car's trunk lid during fueling, it rang and the ensuing fire destroyed the car and the gasoline pump.

Case 2
An individual suffered severe burns to their face when fumes ignited as they answered a call while refueling their car.

Case 3
An individual suffered burns to the thigh and groin as fumes ignited when the phone, which was in their pocket, rang while they were fueling their car.

What should you learn from this?

* It is a misconception that Mobile Phones are intrinsically safe and can't ignite fuel/fumes

* Mobile phones that light up when switched on, or when they ring, have enough energy released to provide a spark for ignition

* Mobile phones should not be used in filling stations, or when fueling lawn mowers, boats etc.

* Mobile phones should not be used around other materials that generate flammable or explosive fumes or dust (i.e. solvents, chemicals, gases, grain dust etc.)

* Mobile phones should be turned off before entering an area where other materials that generate flammable or explosive fumes or dust is located.
mythbusters did a thing on this and well obviously it was busted, on the other note i use mobil
Old 07-22-2006, 12:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

wow you've only pumped your gas once... i find that amazing. Never in my life have i seen a full service station. I go with whatevers close when i need it. Always go for the cheapest too if i can help it, but always premium. my f-body has never tasted low octane as long as i've had it.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Launching!

I try and use BP Amoco Gold whenever I can. I get decent mileage out of Citgo but nothing like BP. I know a guy that used to work at a Mazda dealership and he said that they would get a lot of customers in there complaining that their car smelled like sulfur so he told them to go use the amoco premium and it went away. From what he said its a lot cleaner fuel and burns a lot cleaner without all the extra crap they put into fuels nowadays. I have noticed how its almost a clearish bluish tint and most other fuels are yellow and orange colored. So i like to stay with BP as much as I can.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i use Shell 93 V-power. its under the Top Tier gasolines(classified by the government)
http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html
Old 07-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

I use whatever fuel is sold by an american owned (local if possible) company. I don't care where it comes from, as long as British Petrol isn't making money from my fuel.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:44 PM
That's what she said...

There's a full service/self service station about 2 blocks from my house, only one I've ever seen in my life and I've never gotten gas there. All the old people leaving church in their Buicks stop and get gas there lol. That station is like blast from the past. The inside looks like an office, no aisle after aisle of snacks/drinks/beer. It's also a true "service station" where they will "check yer oirl" and stuff too.

They have the little air compressor hose reel out by the pump though, I've stopped there and used it a few times in the middle of the night before (it's free). This was before I actually got my own compressor lol.

I normally use Shell because their stations seem to be the cleanest. I'm talking clean inside the store/outside the store/etc.

Most importantly, I like to buy gas from people who have ENGLISH as their FIRST language.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chevron. If you do some research, you'll find that Chevron invented the Techron additive which is regarded as the best fuel system cleaner. Texaco now has Techron as well. I rarely ever put anything else in my car.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

shell....cuss they have a subway a few steps to the left talk about a lazy fat ***!
Old 07-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by reject
shell....cuss they have a subway a few steps to the left talk about a lazy fat ***!
fatass? what are you talking about. remember jarred? he lost like 250 lbs on subway. subway = abs.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

he's a lieing fat ***!! lol **** eat sub's like i do (cheese, all of the seasoning's, not excersising, parking as close to the door so i dont have to walk far, munching on them cookies, bacon layers, and more cheese) and see if that subway diet works!

HA! lol
Old 07-25-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

I only use Chevron with Techron. I was using any top tier gas station, but not anymore. I was driving home from a GTG one day and my gas went from showing a full tank to completely empty in an instant. I got on the internet and learned that it was caused by too much sulfur in the gasoline. I also learned that the solution was to run a bottle of Techron fuel system cleaner through it with my next tank. A little while after using the Techron my gas gauge started to work again and has been working ever since. I only use Chevron with Techron gasoline now.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

does Texaco gas have the Techron in it?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Teching In

mobile, QT, and VP
Old 07-25-2006, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Chevron 93 in the Z28. VP C16 or VP Import (when I can afford almost $20/gallon) in the Supra.

Quick Reply: What brand gasoline do you use?