General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: What brand gasoline do you use?
Sunoco
12.89%
Shell
28.16%
Amoco
14.21%
Exxon
12.89%
other
31.84%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

What brand gasoline do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 06:47 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

BP Amoco religiously.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chevron or Exxon.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever brand they sell at the NAVSTA Autoport.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
Chevron is my first preference, however I have no probs using Shell, Mobil, Exxon

Same here, i prefer Chevron above all others, even if i wind up paying alittle more i feel its a high quality gasoline(could be all hocus-pocus but...) If there no way to get Chevron then Ammco (sp?) is next preference
Old 09-12-2006, 07:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Usually run Shell. But as long as its 91 or 93 octane its good enough.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:38 AM
TECH Resident

BP or Exxon
Old 09-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Wallyworld here. That 3 cents a gallon savings adds up for me since I drive 100 miles everyday.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a little story about sunoco .eversince i bought my car i ran sunoco was very brand loyal what a dumb *** i am.even ran it in my mower,well now i have a 402 in my car and when i first started tuning it i hit a wall could not get it to go quicker than a 11.80 at 118mph,i was a little miffed but figured i had a lot more tunng to do ,so this summer progressed always running sunoco,get out of work one day low on fuel so go to my favorite station fill up with sunoco 93,grab a soda jump in my car start it drove about 30 feet it dies,WTF,nuthing cranks no start ,call my buddy he comes with the flat bed takes it to my house,i check everything,spark ,fuel pressure,its alll working,so i take the nitrous fuel feed lineline off of my rail and turn the pump on and fill a 5 gallon bucket with so called gas,FKN pissed smells like ****,not even like gass,so i jump in my truck run up to walmart and buy 4 ,6 gallon gas cans and drain the tank in my car,and drank lots of beer, ,my cousin stops buy and tells me he will give me ride up to get some gas and tells me that hell put the stuff i just took out of my car in his truck he doesnt care he crazy,but i went and got MOBIL THIS time car started right up,in the mean time we got more drunk so trying to drive my car was out of the question,PARTY time we went muddin out back in his truck which now had no power cause we put sunoco gas in it,backfiring sounding like ****,so next day when i woke i went out to start my car and nuthing again,this time no fuel pump noise,fuel pump is junk,order a new racetronix pump kit,while im taking the tank out i remembered i still had the 5 gallon bucket i first drained out of my car in the garage which was stupid so i decided to get rid of it in a blaze of glory,looked in the bucket andshit you not had to be 4 gallons of water in it,and now my cousins truck wont start either,**** sunoco they cost me about 500 dollars,also screwed up 2 of my injectors i hade to replace,so here is the big difference went to the track for the first last week time since all this took place ,did my burnout pulled to the beams held the trans brake button reved it to 4700 launched came back my buddy is all excited hands me my time slip guess what 10.88 at 133.6mph all motor,**** sunoco they suck asswind.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

I use Exxon/Mobil in my good cars for my other cars I use whatever is close. Exxon isn't number one in fortune 500 for no reason
Old 09-20-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

I'm a believer that all gas is basically the same. I've seen shows and worked in oil yards where the gas is made. Gas companies buy time off a pipeline....then have it shipped to their facility where they might add their own additives....how much of a differance that makes, I don't know. Unless its a dedicated line, like a chevron refinery, chevron trucks, chevron station, then its different. But how many times have you seen some no-name tanker truck filling up a name brand station. I've seen it just this past weekend in NJ at a BP station. I really think it's all the same, and boils down to the individual station and price.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Union 76
91 or 93 grade depending on what they have.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Banned

Chevron or shell...Arco if I'm broke.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sunoco
Old 09-30-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Chevron
Old 10-01-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

BP. Amoco premium fuel always has worked well for me.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Launching!

I use BP premium. Never had a problem with it.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Launching!

I hate Exxon here with a passion. The people behind the counter seem to always be in a "you need my gas, i've got you by the sackems". So I'm glad there's always a different choice on the next corner. Always had problems with most Exxons where I go for one reason or another. Just a coincidence eh? ANY other gas/gas station is ok with me. Hell I've even been known to suck out some WALMART gas *insert gasp here* because I was real low on $ and gas was like $3.00.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KRAZY K 2000 TA
Here is a little story about sunoco .eversince i bought my car i ran sunoco was very brand loyal what a dumb *** i am.even 8>snip snip snip>8 excited hands me my time slip guess what 10.88 at 133.6mph all motor,**** sunoco they suck asswind.

Geeze man, how are your fingers feeling now?
Old 10-25-2006, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KRAZY K 2000 TA
Here is a little story about sunoco .eversince i bought my car i ran sunoco was very brand loyal what a dumb *** i am.even ran it in my mower,well now i have a 402 in my car and when i first started tuning it i hit a wall could not get it to go quicker than a 11.80 at 118mph,i was a little miffed but figured i had a lot more tunng to do ,so this summer progressed always running sunoco,get out of work one day low on fuel so go to my favorite station fill up with sunoco 93,grab a soda jump in my car start it drove about 30 feet it dies,WTF,nuthing cranks no start ,call my buddy he comes with the flat bed takes it to my house,i check everything,spark ,fuel pressure,its alll working,so i take the nitrous fuel feed lineline off of my rail and turn the pump on and fill a 5 gallon bucket with so called gas,FKN pissed smells like ****,not even like gass,so i jump in my truck run up to walmart and buy 4 ,6 gallon gas cans and drain the tank in my car,and drank lots of beer, ,my cousin stops buy and tells me he will give me ride up to get some gas and tells me that hell put the stuff i just took out of my car in his truck he doesnt care he crazy,but i went and got MOBIL THIS time car started right up,in the mean time we got more drunk so trying to drive my car was out of the question,PARTY time we went muddin out back in his truck which now had no power cause we put sunoco gas in it,backfiring sounding like ****,so next day when i woke i went out to start my car and nuthing again,this time no fuel pump noise,fuel pump is junk,order a new racetronix pump kit,while im taking the tank out i remembered i still had the 5 gallon bucket i first drained out of my car in the garage which was stupid so i decided to get rid of it in a blaze of glory,looked in the bucket andshit you not had to be 4 gallons of water in it,and now my cousins truck wont start either,**** sunoco they cost me about 500 dollars,also screwed up 2 of my injectors i hade to replace,so here is the big difference went to the track for the first last week time since all this took place ,did my burnout pulled to the beams held the trans brake button reved it to 4700 launched came back my buddy is all excited hands me my time slip guess what 10.88 at 133.6mph all motor,**** sunoco they suck asswind.
Sounds like that particular Sunoco Station was probably older and had water problems in there tanks. It doesn't matter what brand of gas, it is better to go to newer gas station because they have no water or crap in their tanks. I had tried a local Shell Station at one time and my car ran like ****. I don't think was the brand.. I think it was bcause it was an older station.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

I use Exxon because I work at one.

There are two kinds of gas basically. One comes from south american crude, and one that comes from middle eastern crude. The more expensive name brand stations (ie Exxon) use the more expensive middle eastern crude. This is supposedly purer and will leave less deposits in your engine over time. Other than that all gas is pretty much gas. Its up to the individual station owner to provide quality gas (keeping the tanks clean and free of water etc.), not the name of the company on the big sign.

I know for a fact that all grades of Exxon gas contain the same level of additives and detergents. The only difference is octane. People who run supreme in a car that calls for regular to "flush it out" are actually doing nothing but wasting money.

Quick Reply: What brand gasoline do you use?