General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

criminal speed

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kt/a
thats what Im saying.
while we were there, there was a minor(under 21) got himself a dui and he served no time, $1000 fine. I don't know how long they suspended him for though, prolly a year

and I get threatened with jail?

The difference is you got THREATENED not actually jailed. They threaten all the time, it doesn't mean you are going to get the whole plethora of crimal charges/punishments thrown at you (unless you are black or hispanic).

Plus driving 76 mph in a 35 mph zone can be seen as very possible to kill someone depending on the area. Though to be honest 35 mph is a pretty wide area of potential situations.

I mean it could just be 200 yards from a dinky church on a back road in the middle of f%cking nowhere or it could be a residential area with retarded little kids.

When I lived in Texas the speed was 35 mph in front of a non-used set of mail-boxes with no sign saying the speed changed (you are supposed to know that there is a set of mailboxes in that tree/bush overgrown waste hole). I mean nothing for at least half a quarter mile from the location other than an auto wrecking yard. My friend got a ticket for going 55 mph in a 35 mph because of that.

Yet if you were going 75 mph in a 35 mph school zone and ran over a little kid and his puppy then you would be lucky if the mob of angry sub-urban zombies didn't eat your brains.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by staringback05
^^^^

my one and only slip up....i was doing 115 back up from ocala on 301
(backwoods highway down the center of florida)
back to jville.....i had work in the morning, it was 2am, and i had just left my gf in tampa.....

i came over a hill just outside of marion county and i saw a S.O. lazing on the base....passed him and another S.O. pulled me over down the road...

i told him the truth, was pulling out my license and he saw my badge NO I DIDNT FLASH IT, and his words " S.O.B, your the 3rd one tonight, just slow it down for me" and before i could apologize for acting dumb in his county he was already in his car after someone else.....
your a cop in FL. what part? i am moving down there this year and i am trying to get into the police adc.. i am moving around deerfeild beach(not sure yet). any tips?! thanks
Old 02-18-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
They threaten all the time, it doesn't mean you are going to get the whole plethora of crimal charges/punishments thrown at you (unless you are black or hispanic)..
see thats ignorant B/S that people believe....i treat everyone the same, and for some one to lump in every S.O. with what people see once in awhile is crap

i see myself as a mirror, when i arrive somewhere i treat people how there acting toward me, they get froggy i do what i have to do, they act like a man and stand and talk in a normal tone...i can do that to

black,white,brown or purple...my clearance rate is the same...

THE ONLY thing that pisses me off is when i have to deal with hispanics who cant OR WONT speak english to me.....most of the one's who get into trouble can speak english...they just dont want to, they think they can get out of it....to bad i know enough spanish to put there *** in jail....

also one last point i would like to get across....if citizens have issues with speed zones, city statues, or state statues....stop bitching about them, put down the beer,get off your fat ***, and contact your city council men or state rep on changing them....

95formula ill pm you
Old 02-18-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^

my one and only slip up....i was doing 115 back up from ocala on 301
(backwoods highway down the center of florida)
back to jville.....i had work in the morning, it was 2am, and i had just left my gf in tampa.....

i came over a hill just outside of marion county and i saw a S.O. lazing on the base....passed him and another S.O. pulled me over down the road...

i told him the truth, was pulling out my license and he saw my badge NO I DIDNT FLASH IT, and his words " S.O.B, your the 3rd one tonight, just slow it down for me" and before i could apologize for acting dumb in his county he was already in his car after someone else.....
My ex-girlfriend worked in another parish for an S.O. She was driving home on an interstate-like one day....in my car. Got pulled by state for 120 in a 70. He got out of his unit, put his Smokey Bear lookin hat on, straightened his uniform, and started walking towards her. She jumped out of the car, in uniform, she knew right away she ruined his day. He said, "Goddamn it!! Why do you have to be in uniform?!" Needless to say, no ticket. It may or may not have helped, that she had big ta-ta's!

see thats ignorant B/S that people believe....i treat everyone the same, and for some one to lump in every S.O. with what people see once in awhile is crap

i see myself as a mirror, when i arrive somewhere i treat people how there acting toward me, they get froggy i do what i have to do, they act like a man and stand and talk in a normal tone...i can do that to

THE ONLY thing that pisses me off is when i have to deal with hispanics who cant OR WONT speak english to me.....most of the one's who get into trouble can speak english...they just dont want to, they think they can get out of it....
Yep, it' s only the minorities that get **** on.....BULLSHIT!! Some may get treated bad, but it' s because of how they act. Like one of the guys in custody, he tries playing the race card, but he also got pissed off, and kept threatening to commit suicide, and throwing ****, LITERALLY **** out of his cell. He is only placed in lockdown, because of his skin-color.....hmmm, OK.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Launching!

its not illegal....until you get caught..lol, remember, going that fast you can outrun a cruiser...but if he has your general direction down and the car type c olor, your pretty much fucked, cuz you cant out run a radio
Old 02-18-2007, 10:47 PM
12 Second Club

please lets not get started on the race issue, everybody sees it a different way, and alot of us HAVE SEEN IT a different way...
Old 02-18-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Yea that was one of the things I learned in driving school.
You wanna know what I learned in my defensive driving course?? I learned that I got fucked!! And to top it off, they didn' t even use any !! I wasted 8 hours of my ******* life in that class, and the ******* ticket STILL went on my record!!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Veteran

wow why is this comeing back up, it was more than 1/2 a year ago
Old 02-18-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nah, its just i pull over little bitchs like that....who, while you have them sitting there on the side of the road....there "yes sir'n" me up and down and half the time cry'n, but when i let them go i know there cussin me and sayn to there friend what they woulda done...blah blah blah
Superiority complex?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

i got a friend thats in his mid 40's that took his 383 Boss Hoss and got a $2200 ticket for 217 in a 65. who can match that? i was sick at the fact that he slowed down

some may believe me, some may not, i dont care..... i saw the ticket and cried...... its now sitting on his wall FRAMED ofcourse
Old 02-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
i got a friend thats in his mid 40's that took his 383 Boss Hoss and got a $2200 ticket for 217 in a 65. who can match that? i was sick at the fact that he slowed down

some may believe me, some may not, i dont care..... i saw the ticket and cried...... its now sitting on his wall FRAMED ofcourse
so how long did he go to jail for...they falls in the category "driving with intent to kill" lol

Last edited by SIC FUQR; 02-19-2007 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

THE ONLY thing that pisses me off is when i have to deal with hispanics who cant OR WONT speak english to me.....most of the one's who get into trouble can speak english...they just dont want to, they think they can get out of it....to bad i know enough spanish to put there *** in jail....

also one last point i would like to get across....if citizens have issues with speed zones, city statues, or state statues....stop bitching about them, put down the beer,get off your fat ***, and contact your city council men or state rep on changing them....

95formula ill pm you
What?

The bulk of my comment was how they use threats as a form of punishment for crimes. It scares the crap out of people by showing them what could happen.

Blacks and hispanics get nailed with harsher penalties than middle class whites all the time... it happens and I'm not ignorant just because of that. Besides your a cop and not a judges so the comment wasn't even about, I didn't mention Rodney King.

At least you don't have the stigma of going around arbitrarily beating the crap out Iraqi's. (I'm military and before that we/I used to help train police in hand-to-hand combat and self-defense in Texas).

BTW in 99% of the areas in Texas police department speed traps are almost completely immune to civil complaints due to no civilian/city control other than the city replacing the head of the department.

Last edited by Genesis_26317; 02-19-2007 at 03:40 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm then that would be a state issue....i know that plenty of states listen to there citizens...at least the state reps do....but apparently alot of people dont understand that, and they want to blame a cop for their trouble....

its like getting mad at a doctor, for telling you, you have AIDS...aint his fault your a *****

needless to say, im not here to talk to or reason with those who have already made up there mind about police.....for one, ive been a civilian and now im a S.O...ive been on both sides of the fence, theres bad apples in everything....

ive never let a criminal go, BUT ive also NEVER put hands on someone who didnt need it
Old 02-19-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

needless to say, im not here to talk to or reason with those who have already made up there mind about police.....for one, ive been a civilian and now im a S.O...ive been on both sides of the fence, theres bad apples in everything....

ive never let a criminal go, BUT ive also NEVER put hands on someone who didnt need it
Yep, it' s pointless to argue with people who are ignorant of the truth. Working for any of the agencies, you will hear from arrestees how it' s "all about the money." Nevermind the fact that they commited a crime. Everybody knows, police officers go around arresting innocent people, charging them with all kinds of BS charges, just to raise revenue.

Like one we had come in the other day, he got arrested, because his buddy had drugs that he SUPPOSEDLY knew nothing about. Nevermind the fact that his freaky RED haired compadre, was a little doped up and all. With as much **** as Woody Woodpecker was busted with, his buddy had to be a fellow dope fiend. Besides, how many people are going to own up, and tell an officer that doesn' t find anything on them, "yea, me and my buddy with all the drugs, were just smoking a fatty behind that building?" None. Arrestees don' t put people in jail, bored cops do.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

i got pulled over for a 96 in a 35 . thank god i knew the cop or i would have gotten one hell of a ticket.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm then that would be a state issue....i know that plenty of states listen to there citizens...at least the state reps do....but apparently alot of people dont understand that, and they want to blame a cop for their trouble....

its like getting mad at a doctor, for telling you, you have AIDS...aint his fault your a *****

It's the county that is the problem in Texas.

A state cop is usually a lot more professional than the little rinky dink speed trap towns just due to the states available hiring pool oversight.

Plus counties are run like a person fiefdom (at least in Texas) due to almost no control able to be exerted by the state. It got so bad in the town I used to work in (my mother owns a store there) that they practically ran the chief out. He was boinkin' a 15 year old and they collected over 150k in tickets, that's a town with less than 900 people and no major highway running through it.

They did nothing but harrass people, meth labs were blowing up constantly and the fire department had to deal with it (a volunteer fire department at that). The city went through so damn many chiefs because that was the only way to slightly exert control.

That were down to one cop car at one point because of how they "joy rided" in them (out of ~10).
Old 02-19-2007, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

my first ticket was for 87 in a 45, luckily for me, the original copy of the ticket was in a future months court docket so when he called me up i handed him my copy of the ticket, i got a 450.00 fine, 20 hours community service and had to do defensive driving, funny thing is, one of the three cops that showed up after i was pulled over, didnt care for me at all, dunno if it was the excessive speed i was going, or if someone put sand in his vasoline the night before, but he wanted my license bad! when he heard what my punishment was he ran...LITERALLY ran to office and began searching for my file, unfortunatly, the judge had already signed my paperwork and admitted himself that there was nothing else he could do after they found my paperwork....lol the cop was soo pissed he turned around and said something to the effect of "let me catch you speeding again and see what happens" as he stormed out of the courtroom....last ticket i got was 106 in a 70 and comp. of speed(street racing) i was on a local interstate(985) in my old 03 gt(i know sacrilegious) with a couple buddies when an 03 cobra runs up on us and signals to race, so we all have a go, all of us getting our asses handed to us, then as we get ready to exit a hall county officer flies by us and pulls 4 cars over(yes 4 cars) luckily he didnt take us to jail, and even more we only got 106 in a 70, as everyone of us did well over 150, so results from that were, 6 months suspension for speeding, 6 months for street racing to be served consecutively, 450.00 speeding fine 175.00 street racing fine(thought i was gonna be spending 1000.00+) 20 hours community service and defensive driving, and not to mention the fact of feeling like i was 14 all over again having to ask for rides....wish i could say i learned my lesson however i was almost pulled over for street racing again, when a new 05-06 GT tried playing with me, needless to say he lost, but we both had to run....after that, i def learned my lesson and havent raced on the street since.

Last edited by 02Ls1Formula; 02-19-2007 at 08:00 PM. Reason: dont have gt anymore
Old 02-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Teching In

I got pulled a few weeks ago for 114mph in a 70, got a 6pt ticket and $440 fine but no court appearance. I hired a lawyer and he got it reduced to 4pts and $180 and I paid him $250 so it saved me $10, took defensive driving and got all my points back. I wasn't racing, just catching up to some people who I had been following who were racing (viper GTS and C5 Z06) that were coming down from 170mph. They pulled over too but didnt get clocked.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 PM
12 Second Club

i tell you what if i see another one of those black and blue stickers on the back of somebodies car, i'm gonna paint a big horizontal blue stripe around my entire car and see how fast this bitch can really go...
Old 02-20-2007, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by spy2520
i tell you what if i see another one of those black and blue stickers on the back of somebodies car, i'm gonna paint a big horizontal blue stripe around my entire car and see how fast this bitch can really go...

Is the black and blue stickers what cops do in your area?

I don't think the cops in Albuquerque can afford house paint let alone stickers or auto paint...

They drive some of the most beat-up ghetto cars I have ever scene. Either they see enough action to kill off every street car every three months or the tax base just can't support keeping the cars running.