General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car and Driver comparo: WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 12:50 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C&D even stated ferrari did give them a car to test cause they were afraid to put it up against the vette i luv ferrari, but what pussies
Old 08-07-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

"It matches the Corvette up to 120 mph, then the Z06 pulls away."

...... I hate car and driver! They are comparing 3 Proformance cars and they 1 with the BEST proformance comes in last!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

I read that article too, that is ridiculous the Z06 got last. They said the stupidest **** I've ever seen too "yeah the Z06 mopped the floor with the MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE 911 Turbo and F430 but the pedals felt funny and the interior wasn't as nice" WTF? $5000 could get you a DECKED OUT CUSTOM INTERIOR in a Z06 that would be far better than any interior you could get in ANY car from the factory so who gives a rats *** about it? And the pedal felt funny? WTF, are you sure that it wasn't just how a much faster car feels going around that track lol. The new Z06 embarasses the Porsche and makes a civic out of Ferrari; I'd like to see a Ford GT vs Z06 comparison next. At least the typically anti-American car reviewers of Top Gear gave the new Z06 some of the highest praise out of any car they've reviewed; frankly put the host/tester couldn't at all figure why the 575M was 100K pounds MORE than the Z06. Apparently car and driver has it out for GM and will always give it poor reviews even if it stomps on the competition in every way, shape, and form. Case in point a car faster in the 1/4 (real reviewers got 11.5 out of a Z06), faster braking, accelerating, cornering, and track running than either ferrari or porsche, and with all the ease and simplicity of a GM getting put in last place cause they thought it felt funny and should've had a better interior inspite of being half and a third the price of its competition respectively. lol those retards also said the Ferrari was the best sports car around HAHHAA I guess having better seats made up for iit's bitchslapping around the track by a Z06 right???
Old 08-07-2006, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Angry

Originally Posted by Kalgorn
I see you're not the only one that went ballistic over this. I, too, practically had an aneurism over it. Here's what I posted on another forum:
AMEN BROTHER! When I read it I had to laugh! What a bunch of Bullshit! I know they said that it was a money is no object comparison but if that was the case where were the AWD Lambo's & other Ultra expensive Exotics? I can't wait to see the letter's to the Editor in next month's C&D! I love Ferrari's but you could buy 2 Z06's for that price ! And still have money left over for a short throw shifter, adjustable coilover's and some racing seat's!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slightly OT, but I read that with DR's that a C6Zo6 can run high 10's...

Any truth to that? ^^^
Old 08-07-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ice Knight
Slightly OT, but I read that with DR's that a C6Zo6 can run high 10's...

Any truth to that? ^^^
Hell, isn't there a guy on here running 11.20's totally STOCK?

They also mention in the article that while the F430 and the Porsche felt "very stable" at 186 mph, they were "white-knuckling" the steering wheel of the vette to an indicated 207mph! Well, no ****? There's a big f@ckin' difference between 186 and 207...
Old 08-07-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sparetire
So I got some reading matirial while I was having and alighnment done. CD has a comparo on their cover between the F430, the 997 turbo and the C6 Z06.

Looks pretty cool.

Long story short. The Z06 is flat out faster. It runs a faster ET. It has a higher trap. Its got more grip in the skidpad, and it beats both on the road course by a significant margin. They say strait up that the Z06 is the best performance value in the world.

Not only that, it has more useable trunk space, gets better mileage and it costs less than half as much MSRP as the 997 and about a third as much as the F430.

Of the three cars the Z06 placed.................

.......3rd.

Its not as nice an interior and trickier to drive when wet or at the limit. Oh and the seats are not sporty enough.

Im suddenly reminded why I go for less mainstream mags these days.
This sounds simular to a conversation we were having on the ford GT,The Zo6 and C&D a couple of days ago. This is pretty much what I think and said about C&D
Originally Posted by Oatmeal
I'm supized that C&D even admitted that the new Zo6 was better than the new porsche 911. In the magasine You hear people comment on the new Zo6 as being too cheap and the power is too brutal like a mosh pit but when It comes to the porsche the comments are more that the 911 is more refined, that the Z06 will and cannot ever compare to it, and that the 911 is the way a sports car should be.(of couse these are all the letters that C&D chooses to print) For me man I want a sport car to be brutal, I want a mans car! I think those guys at C&D are a bunch of finger nail filing prissy little bitches so It's not supizing of their opinions on the GT500. JMO
I will never buy another issue of that crappy magazine ever again.