General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Z28 or Trans Am?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthZ06
LS7>LS2>LS6>LS1>LTI

Nonsense poopie pants.

This is a matter of opinion.

And it goes like this.
$$$$$>$$$$>$$$>$$>$
Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the t/a theres no comparisson. Plus the ladies will love the trans am
Old 08-08-2006, 09:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both are very simular. Performance / handling etc... Its just down to what one your prefer the look of yourself, cant see any benifit of one over the other.

I decided on the Trans-Am as I wanted the newer model to my 3rd Gen, also there is less Trans-Am's around here, Camaro's are more common. dont know about your ares, but there are 4 Camaro's about to my 1 Trans-Am.

Again, its just down to personal preferance.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

I like dark colored T/A to help sub due there aggressive looks. Bright colors are a big ugly. Z28's I could have in white or black.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would hafta say the formula with the ta deck lid is the best of all.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

I like a couple of SS's but it depends on the color I love Black and Pewter SS's, but I like TA's more but they have been in my familly since 1976. Plus nothing gets you more T and A then when your in a TA!
Old 08-08-2006, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
At least the gorilla can kill a catfish, just like how a Trans Am will kill a Camaro in a race.
Who has the fastest LS1? and what car is it a TA or camaro?
I really dont know, but there youll have your answer on what to get
Old 08-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Launching!

1 ws6 ta
2 ss camaro
3 formula firebird/tied with the ws6 firebird
4 z28 camaro

Those would all be ls1's though....

I really like non ws6 ta lt1's....

But who doesn't like a lt1 camaro with a cowl induction hood?...
Old 08-09-2006, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Im asking who has the fastest LS1 in the world and what car is it TA or camaro?

I guess here is your answer FASTEST LS1 , CAMARO OF COURSE

Last edited by Christian8A; 08-09-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Christian8A
Im asking who has the fastest LS1 in the world and what car is it TA or camaro?

I guess here is your answer FASTEST LS1 , CAMARO OF COURSE
And your point is?

For a long time the fastest LS1 was Ronnie Dukes Firehawk but who really cares about that either? The TA and Z28 have the same motor, same gears, same transmissions, same aftermarket and very similair curb weights. Thus they are both equally capable of the same ET/MPH potential. All it takes is time and money. So with that said I will quote from one of Adam Sandlers movies since it seems appropriate here......

"Mr. Christian8A, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Old 08-10-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

we are all brothers in this F-body world of ours,,,Camaro or TA,,,,but im a TA guy myself, have been all my life. Just a junkie for the aggresive looks.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Launching!

See, I prefer the Camaro's looks. To me, the "agressive" plastic of the T/A looks too rice, all show with no extra go.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rice? are you insane?...my car would come over and put that statement in your *** if she heard you say that
Old 08-10-2006, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by darrensls1
And your point is?

For a long time the fastest LS1 was Ronnie Dukes Firehawk but who really cares about that either? The TA and Z28 have the same motor, same gears, same transmissions, same aftermarket and very similair curb weights. Thus they are both equally capable of the same ET/MPH potential. All it takes is time and money. So with that said I will quote from one of Adam Sandlers movies since it seems appropriate here......

"Mr. Christian8A, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Thank you sir I respect your opinion but chill man, got nothing to win here
My point was exactly to show people "newbies" that they have same potential like you said so nobody here keeps trying to say the TA is faster than the camaro because they just sound stupid. I wish my friend that I could grant you saying that the TA and cmaros are the same but believe it or not (i know is hard to believe) but "Camaro Z28s with no-power-anything are the quickest LS1 f-bodies. Just because they are lighter. Then the 1LE Camaros and Formulas. The slowest are the WS6 Trans Ams and convertibles, since they are the heaviest."

Tony (Nine Ball)

Drive safe guys
Peace
Old 08-10-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are both great cars. And I have owned TA's although they were 2nd gens . I like the WS6's, but I like the cleaner lines of the Camaro. And they are lighter to boot.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

feels like there are more camaros riding around down here
Old 08-11-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm a Trans Am guy at heart, thanks to the hand-me-down LT1 TA I had when I was 16. But I'll drive a Camaro without remorse; my girlfriend preferred Z28s so when I was in the market for an LS1, I picked up a Z in my price range. I've driven a friend's '98 TA and it felt EXACTLY THE SAME. Minus the fact that his was an M6.

Factors like "rarity" and "more/less expensive" should be moot points to you. You gotta pick the one that appeals to you the most. The Z has subtle lines with more aftermarket appearance options, where-as the TA has an exciting, "anti-exotic" shape with a fair amount of hood choices and accomodation for some nice exhaust tips. You gotta love the look on the faces of people in their hybrids when you pull up next to them in a Trans Am. "Here's what I think of your fuel economy!" :nod"

Oh, and don't listen to the noobtards who call the TA rice either. 75% of the people on this board don't know how to use the term, and 99% of that 75% don't know what it means.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Christian8A
I wish my friend that I could grant you saying that the TA and cmaros are the same but believe it or not (i know is hard to believe) but "Camaro Z28s with no-power-anything are the quickest LS1 f-bodies. Just because they are lighter. Then the 1LE Camaros and Formulas. The slowest are the WS6 Trans Ams and convertibles, since they are the heaviest."

Tony (Nine Ball)

Drive safe guys
Peace
I have heard that before. But from what I read the Formula is lighter then both the Trans Am and the WS6. It's also my understanding that the Formula could have been ordered with no power anything, cloth seats, ect. So realistically how much more would a stripper Formula weigh then a stripper Z28? 50 lbs maybe? I also have heard that every 100 lbs you lose you gain .1 in your ET. So how much faster is a stipper Z28 to a stripper Formula? Half a tenth maybe?

Not enough for me to worry about it. And BTW I was just being a smart *** with the quote from Billy Madison. It was meant as a joke not as a real insult
Old 08-11-2006, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tobynine9
See, I prefer the Camaro's looks. To me, the "agressive" plastic of the T/A looks too rice, all show with no extra go.
Now a Trans Am is considered rice because it looks aggressive (which many consider a good thing). I must say that this is a new one.

But if a Trans Am is all show with no extra go then wouldn't that make the Camaro no show with little or no extra go?
Old 08-11-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dunno about all go and no extra show, the WS6 suspension package made for a better launch vs my friend's camaro. Also stock HP numbers, mine dynoed 27whp more stock with an A4. I may just have a factory freak but my choice was made by posters, and idolizing my dad's 67 BBC Firebird which is now mine. Also time and time again Ive said and it holds true, ladies love the WS6.