General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Z28 or Trans Am?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T/A all the way.

The flip lights are loud, but are cool as hell. Also I like the interior better and overall non-catfish looks.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Launching!

TA TA TA!!! wooooo
Old 08-25-2006, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tobynine9
Dude, Darren, relax. They're cars man, cars. I respect the TA. I just prefer the SS. I stated why. No big deal. I didn't attack your sister or your mom. I didn't attack you. Hell, I didn't even attack your car. This is a thread about opinion and I stated mine clearly. And you've clearly stated yours. Over and over and over and over and over.
I have a wife, three kids and two dogs so relaxing is not something I am very accustomed to

You called the TA rice and I was far from the only one who took offense to that. Since this is by no means your first post in this thread then you too have stated your position over and over and over and over. But the one thing that maybe you are now starting to understand is that you can say you like one without insulting the other.

Example:

"I prefer Camaros. I think they look sleeker and I always prefered the regular lights to pop-up headlights."

Had you said that or something along those lines then myself as well as numerous others would not have bothered to quote you or give you a hard time.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go with the Z28...unless you have the opportunity for the WS6, but even then, the Z is pretty mean looking i personally think
Old 08-25-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Z28's are for guys will a mullet and a REO Speedwagon concert shirt. Trans Am's are for guys with a mullet and a Polo shirt.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Z28's are for guys will a mullet and a REO Speedwagon concert shirt. Trans Am's are for guys with a mullet and a Polo shirt.
haha

i also have a 81z28 and you are absolutely right.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Trans am's aint no joke, and i see alot more camaros then TA's around here. only cause they are WAY CHEAPER to buy.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you look like this, odds are you're driving a Camaro.

If you don't look like this then you should be driving a Formula or Trans Am
Old 09-03-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tobynine9
Dude, I wasn't calling the TA rice. I know they're quick cars, just like my SS. It's all just a matter of opinion. Some think a TA looks "agressive", I think it looks cheesy. I mean seriously, the rear wing on a Trans-Am really is bigger than the most of the wings teenie boppers put on their Honda's for which we constantly mock them.
You did call the TA rice. You have a right to your opinions, but at least use the term HALF-right. When you call a TA "rice", you're grouping it with inferior looking and performing cars on the other side of the house.

And if you think that the TA's spoiler is bigger than the aftermarket wings on Hondas, you must be smoking a good batch. You must not have seen an import in a while. Hell, an STi's spoiler puts it to shame.

My point is that the TA deserves a hell of a lot more respect than a "rice" label on the account that "it looks cheesy". The TA has always had the bite to go with the bark.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
but a Z28 looks great the way it is, and the Camaro has more appearance potential.
thats the funniest thing ive ever heard, and no... you are wrong the regular camaro, especially 98+ without the ss hood doesnt even look nice, looks like a concorde but wider, and the camaro definately does not have the same, let alone more appearance potential than a trans am, thanks for the great laugh though
Old 09-03-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02blkws6vert
thats the funniest thing ive ever heard, and no... you are wrong the regular camaro, especially 98+ without the ss hood doesnt even look nice, looks like a concorde but wider, and the camaro definately does not have the same, let alone more appearance potential than a trans am, thanks for the great laugh though
The camaro has a hell of a lot more potential from the factory than the T/A.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

There's only so much you can do to a trans am. Very few aftermarket hoods and spoilers and options that the Camaros have. Ask anybody on here.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have to say that they always looked the same too, untill the 4th gens. I like the look of the T/A's more and get more compliments with it.
But the only mechanical difference is the headlights, which can be a pain in the **** at times. (I dont mind it enough)
Old 09-04-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Besides if the TA has alot more potential why is yours still looking like that?
Old 09-04-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

WS6's hands down look better then anything you can do camaro.thas just the way it is. Its the Hood People copy are style hood on every thing from trucks to 96 impalas i see around here.i just started likeing the SS.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

in my experience girls like camaro's better than t/a's.
and that makes me happy
Old 09-05-2006, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick98Z28
in my experience girls like camaro's better than t/a's.
and that makes me happy
Yeah but toothless, fat and over-tatooed redneck chicks aren't what Trans Am drivers want to attract anyway so you can have em
Old 09-05-2006, 08:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
There's only so much you can do to a trans am. Very few aftermarket hoods and spoilers and options that the Camaros have. Ask anybody on here.
There is alot more you can do then you think. As far as hoods go we can do a standard hood, WS6 hood, Raptor hood (my personal favorite), cowl hood or mecham hood. As far as things like rims, seats & carpet the playing field is pretty even between Camaro and TA.

Then you have Decal options. The most popular I see on Camaros is the hockey sticks but there are also a few options for the Trans Am. For example there is the anniversary Trans Am decal kit.

http://www.musclecardecals.net/transam/9802rata.htm

Or you could go with something like this:

http://www.musclecardecals.net/transam/9802fbra.htm

Or you can get the classic bird decal for the hood:

http://www.musclecardecals.net/transam/9802fbta.htm

Then there is also the pace car decal kit:

http://www.musclecardecals.net/transam/1999dd.htm

Or you can get real creative with paint like Dan did:

http://community-2.webtv.net/dans98ta/DANS1998PONTIAC/

And of course there is always the rally bird decal kit which is what I did:

Point is that both Trans Am and Camaro have a wide variety of appearance choices. However, many truly believe that nothing is needed to enhance the beauty of something that is all ready very beautiful
Old 09-11-2006, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

the regular camaro, especially 98+ without the ss hood doesnt even look nice, looks like a concorde but wider, thanks for the great laugh though
i hope you have a lot of towels in your car. you're gonna need them to clean the front of your freshly painted WS-6, whenever my "wider concorde" sucks the snot out of the nostrils on you car when i pass it. did ya get it back from paint yet.if so lets see som pics, i've been waiting.