General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Super Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really hope it doesn't look like that.

FWIW Motor Trend or some other magazine already tested the gt500 against the ls2 corvette. The corvette beat it in every area as far as I can remember. Of course this is magazine stuff we are talking about, but still.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Dont blame the dealers? Your joking right? I understand what you mean about how demand and the willingness for people to pay out the *** for the C6 Z06 does account for a portion of the high asking prices, but lets be serious when a dealer gets a new Z06 on the lot and slaps a price tag of 90K on it, thats just absurd. It happened at the chevy dealership about 5 miles from my house. They got a Black Z06 new in their showroom and I saw it the day it came in a the price was 92K...thats not the msrp on the car and even with a little price adjustment due to the rarity of the cars it still shouldnt be that high IMO. Its not like the car is at auction and people are bidding on them and driving th eprices sky high, the dealers just know the cars are in demand and jack up the prices accordingly. If people are willing to pay the prices then hey good for the dealers but dont blame the public as say its their fault.
Dealers in my area are price 25,000 over MSRP. I'd do it too if I couldn't get many of them and people were buying them. There's no reason not to. Everyone is trying to get the most money they can out of what they do. Do you not do that in your line of work?

Keep in mind the MSRP is the Manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We sold the Z06 we had about a month ago for $85k, it was here for about 3hrs. The guy put 15k down and walked out with a payment of around $1500 a month.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

its an LS9 motor with a roots type blower like the 03-04 cobras....NOT an LS7 read the new GMHTP mag and they some pics of it
Old 08-15-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 777
Dealers in my area are price 25,000 over MSRP. I'd do it too if I couldn't get many of them and people were buying them. There's no reason not to. Everyone is trying to get the most money they can out of what they do. Do you not do that in your line of work?

Keep in mind the MSRP is the Manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price.

Right, im not saying its strictly anyones faul. Im just responding to the other guys comment on how it is the consumers fault the price is so high because they are paying insane amounts of money for them. Im an economics major and have my masters in finance so I understand how supply and demand works and I understand that there will be a mark up due to the demand for the Z06 and the rarity of the car, but thats quite a hefty tag to put on a car whose msrp is around 70-75K. Not saying its anyones fault in particular, but it sucks that some dealers are putting outrageous price tags on the Z06's when Ive heard of other people getting them for only a little over the MSRP. If people are willing to pay the asking price then all the power to the dealer but I just think some of them are pushing it asking for over $100K for a Z06, but again thats JMO.