General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

So I am driving down the highway and this time.... something else!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So I am driving down the highway and this time.... something else!!!

I am merging onto I-96 east here in lansing michigan, some of you may know it and some not, but anyway, its pouring down rain like i cannot even see very good, and just as i get to the end of the on ramp, hello hyrdroplane!!! I am not experienced enough in the rani with 305 series drag radials, so i am sure you know the ending of this story.. I completely lose control and slide off the road, just missing this enormous pine tree by about 3 feet and then uprooting this bush as big as my car, f***ed up the right side of my car, mostly just the front clip and front fender, broke my passenger side front wheel as well as the spindle and we are thinking the ring and pinion is f**ed up as well, the ground effects got RIPPED in half lol and everything is very depressing. The good here is that i have been driving the car now for 3 weeks with no registration and two days ago (the night before i crashed) i got it registered. The car is at the body shop now, luckily have full coverage and she should be all better in due time. It's very depressing and kinda pisses me off that i did such a stupid thing, but i guess it could be worse, i've got some pics that i will try to post later, but.... thats the gist of it, just in case anybody cared..
later
kenny
Old 08-25-2006, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

that sucks man sorry to hear that....i got caught in the rain 1 time with my drag radials and man did that suck!

never did it again thank god
Old 08-25-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure which I feel more sorry about, the fate of your car or, living in Lansing (I used to live in Dewitt) I hope it works out well.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Launching!

That is bad, can we see pics??????
Old 08-29-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

ill try to get them posted tomorrow or later this evening.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Thats really depressing, sorry bro. Hopefully she gets better soon.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Teching In

So what did the popo have to say about your mishap? Did they give you any **** about the DR's? Just curious, cause some of them can be peckerheads about it. Glad your ok and the damage was minimal.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

no the cop was surprisingly not a dick about it, i just recently got a job at a security company doing security on this new delta gm plant, and he just so happened to used to work for the same company so i think that helped. I heard from the repair shop earlier today and they predict about 2 weeks to get the parts in and then get everything assembled. The only problem they are having right now is finding my wheel, and i dont even know where the previous owner found them. Antera is the brand, 342 is the wheel.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:27 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by blown00ls1
The good here is that i have been driving the car now for 3 weeks with no registration and two days ago (the night before i crashed) i got it registered.
You might wanna rephrase this sentence. I don't see anything good about driving for any amount of time without a registration.

Driving around all the time with DR's on your car is like praying for it to rain.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

what i meant is, the ONLY good in the situation is that I had my registration, if it were to have happened the day before that, i would have been in MUCH MUCH more trouble.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

hey, that sucks, sorry to hear it, i somehow managed to drive my truck all the way through this entire past WINTER with my bfg drag's on it, and thats a PA winter, with a lot of ice, dont ask how, but i did it somehow
Old 08-29-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

heres some irony, i wrecked my first camaro going to get new tires, i had just bought it and the rear tires were slicked completely out...i was on the interstate and hydroplaned switching lanes to get off at the next exit and hit a tree doing 60 and totalled the car...
Old 08-29-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

i just missed a tree by seriously about 2 feet, woulda totalled my car. But, I didnt. I snapped my passenger side front spindle and knocked the control arm outta whack, they say chassis wise thats the only thing wrong, oh and i bent one of the brackets on the intercoolers, easy fix. Then i need the new front fender and clip, as well as new ground effects on both sides, not too bad.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

you definately got lucky...i missed a wide open clearing by 10 feet!