General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Imports

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FirstLS1
Well... the way I see it is imports were made to be economical cars. (i.e-civics, integras, blah blah blah) there are a few imports that can be considered to be sports cars which is supras, evos, sti's, 3000gt's, and so forth. I give somewhat respect to those cars but civics and integras are jokes. I actually own a 99 civic ex which has VTECH!!!! wooo.. lol. No mods cuz no need. If I wanna drive fast then i get in my WS6 and ripps some tires. Its sad to see that these "economical" cars get 30mpg and yet V8 sportscars get roughly around 25-28mpg. Yea anything can go fast given the money and right upgrades but stock for stock its all about the LS1.
Civic and integras were made to be economy cars, thats why making them fast is that much better. With the amount of aftermarket available for civics/integras you can pretty much build it for any kind of racing and be very competitive even against modded sports cars. Some of the fastest road racing cars and auto-x cars are civics and drag racing is still getting faster and faster for them. You can say what you want, I do agree stock for stock LS1 is the hands down choice for me over alot of cars.

As far as how much money it costs to make an "economy car" fast, well it depends on what you do. I had a stock motor with nitrous that ran 13.0's and had maybe $1k in supporting mods, now i have a built motor and turbo kit to run low 11's (hoping for 10's this weekend) and have spent alot more than that. I believe in working with what you have, i bought a civic for a daily driver and wound up going nutz with it. Now its still my daily and gets me wherever i want for cheap.

I cant tell you how many vette's, camaros, t/a's, cobras, vipers, even 600-750 cc bikes and a couple lambo's that i have gotten next to and got laughed at when i signaled to run, then proceeded to drag them as many times as they wanted to go. I have been beaten by a select few but i bet the amount of times i lost can be counted on one hand.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It honestly depends how it sounds/looks. For example, if an 88 CRX is pulling up next to me revving like crazy with its paint torn to crap, stock wheels up front and some 17's out back then sounding like a drowning lawn mower I'll just do nothing. I've had a few nice imports, and you can almost tell they are quick from several cars back, come up to me and want to go, when I was stock I had a slightly lowered yellow civic rev at me, no body kit, just some simple wheels and exhaust along with some custom yellow, no graphics or anything, we both take off and I can hear his turbo spooling (I had windows down) I put a few cars on him, then lately I had a 400WHP Evo run me, we ended out even (I wont twice, so did he) after that my car was getting warm and my brakes were cooking. Pulled over and talked to him, cool guy. The clean looking ones are usually the quicker ones, I wont race a 4 door accord with body kit and stock wheels that revs at me, waste of my gas!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Trust
It honestly depends how it sounds/looks. For example, if an 88 CRX is pulling up next to me revving like crazy with its paint torn to crap, stock wheels up front and some 17's out back then sounding like a drowning lawn mower I'll just do nothing. I've had a few nice imports, and you can almost tell they are quick from several cars back, come up to me and want to go, when I was stock I had a slightly lowered yellow civic rev at me, no body kit, just some simple wheels and exhaust along with some custom yellow, no graphics or anything, we both take off and I can hear his turbo spooling (I had windows down) I put a few cars on him, then lately I had a 400WHP Evo run me, we ended out even (I wont twice, so did he) after that my car was getting warm and my brakes were cooking. Pulled over and talked to him, cool guy. The clean looking ones are usually the quicker ones, I wont race a 4 door accord with body kit and stock wheels that revs at me, waste of my gas!
I agree, i just love racing and when a guy in a v8 car is cool and just having fun too then to me that is awesome. Alot of **** do spoil it for us who have nice imports though.

Here is a pic of my civic

Last edited by Beave; 10-12-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FirstLS1
Well... the way I see it is imports were made to be economical cars. (i.e-civics, integras, blah blah blah) there are a few imports that can be considered to be sports cars which is supras, evos, sti's, 3000gt's, and so forth. I give somewhat respect to those cars but civics and integras are jokes. I actually own a 99 civic ex which has VTECH!!!! wooo.. lol. No mods cuz no need. If I wanna drive fast then i get in my WS6 and ripps some tires. Its sad to see that these "economical" cars get 30mpg and yet V8 sportscars get roughly around 25-28mpg. Yea anything can go fast given the money and right upgrades but stock for stock its all about the LS1.
Do you even know what VTEC is? Why not imply it into the economy cars that could use a little more power? Hell, Ferrari uses vvt as well, so should we make fun of them? And where are you getting your gas mileage numbers? Economical civic and integras are getting 30mpg stop and go where an LS1 is lucky to see 18 when driven the same. Sure if you baby it and never go above 1500rpm you may see 20mpg but all in all those hondas are getting over 10mpg better. Why would you buy a civic if you didnt see the difference?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:34 PM
10 Second Club

Beave, your car is like the imports I was talking about (the good ones!) I like it, simple and running 11's!! Nice work.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Beave, your car is like the imports I was talking about (the good ones!) I like it, simple and running 11's!! Nice work.
Thanks.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with u on that1 Trust. The "ricers" that try so hard 2b like "The Fast & The Furious" and put a boat-load of stickers and vinyls on their rides with a "shopping cart" spoiler ruin it 4the "real deals" that actually put $$ in2 the engine (and not by adding a fart can).
Old 10-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Teching In

I like my civic it is 13.4 at 101 and now I am looking to get a ls1 car here is a pic. No wing or big fart can just a turbo.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
i keep an open mind. I respect all cars, if they are faster or slower. No reason to hate. Anybody who tried to gun it around me is a moron though...it brings unecessary attention to me and that person..something i don't need.
I agree..I hate it when people gun their engine to get my attention.....= HEAT SCORE.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beave
Civic and integras were made to be economy cars, thats why making them fast is that much better. With the amount of aftermarket available for civics/integras you can pretty much build it for any kind of racing and be very competitive even against modded sports cars. Some of the fastest road racing cars and auto-x cars are civics and drag racing is still getting faster and faster for them. You can say what you want, I do agree stock for stock LS1 is the hands down choice for me over alot of cars.
No...to me thats pointless. Why make a car fast that is not designed to be a performance car in the first place?? You basically end up replacing every part on the car because none of it is designed for a performance application. And in the dn, when you'll all done, you're still driving a shitbix Civic. Sorry, I don't see the point.

s far as how much money it costs to make an "economy car" fast, well it depends on what you do. I had a stock motor with nitrous that ran 13.0's and had maybe $1k in supporting mods, now i have a built motor and turbo kit to run low 11's (hoping for 10's this weekend) and have spent alot more than that. I believe in working with what you have, i bought a civic for a daily driver and wound up going nutz with it. Now its still my daily and gets me wherever i want for cheap.
You know its amazing how much people will exaggerate over the internet. You say you got a stock Civic to run a 13.0 with $1K in mods?? Thats a load of ****, and you know it. It takes a few grand just to get those cars to break 14's, so unless you ran once down the track andsprayed a 150 shot and blew your motor, that never happened.

tell you how many vette's, camaros, t/a's, cobras, vipers, even 600-750 cc bikes and a couple lambo's that i have gotten next to and got laughed at when i signaled to run, then proceeded to drag them as many times as they wanted to go. I have been beaten by a select few but i bet the amount of times i lost can be counted on one hand.
But in the end they are driving nice cars that are fast and you are driving a piece of **** ricebox that you made fast. Therefore they are the last ones laughing, you are are still the ricer with the fart can equipped Civic. I don't see how thats cool at all.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AngryJ

It is called tuning. There are a couple 11 second civics in Louisville DEEP into the 11's getting 30+mpg.
I love it. Theres always an example this mysterious person in "Louisville" thats "deep into the 11's" and still gets "30 MPG". Sure there is, and there's F-bodys running 2's and getting 80MPG. Dude seriously, just cut the bullshit.

You are calling him ignorant after a post like this? First step: realize you are a dang'r. Second step: realize Japan and other foriegn countries make some very quality cars. Not to mention you've obviously never heard of road racing or autocross to believe japanese performance cars dont perform. There is this thing called power/weight that actually affects performance believe it or not. And you think imports break more than domestics??? Wow, unless you are talking about the turbo rotary, you need to shut the **** up. You basing your opinion of imports from the fart canned civics proves your ignorance on this topic.
I never said Japan "didn't make quality cars". I said they don't make any sports cars that appeal to me. I think that they are ugly and sound like ****. Its a fact that they generally don't have any low end power. They are also not built to take a beating by any means, and yes, in a performance environment Jap cars do break more than Domestic Muscle cars. Compare the transmissions of something like an F-Body and a Honda or Mitsubichi. There is no comparison, the T56 is a big, heavy duty trans built for racing/performance driving. Beat on most imports and they fall apart quickly. Stop argueing with the facts and telling me I can't state my opinion. The Japs make good economy cars, thats it. I think theur "performance" vehicles are crap. Thats my opinion, deal with it.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TransAminal
No...to me thats pointless. Why make a car fast that is not designed to be a performance car in the first place?? You basically end up replacing every part on the car because none of it is designed for a performance application. And in the dn, when you'll all done, you're still driving a shitbix Civic. Sorry, I don't see the point.

You know its amazing how much people will exaggerate over the internet. You say you got a stock Civic to run a 13.0 with $1K in mods?? Thats a load of ****, and you know it. It takes a few grand just to get those cars to break 14's, so unless you ran once down the track andsprayed a 150 shot and blew your motor, that never happened.

But in the end they are driving nice cars that are fast and you are driving a piece of **** ricebox that you made fast. Therefore they are the last ones laughing, you are are still the ricer with the fart can equipped Civic. I don't see how thats cool at all.
I sure am glad I'm not as ignorant as you
Old 10-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Banned

I sure am glad I'm not as ignorant as you
I'm sure glad you realized you have no real comback, because you can't back any of your **** up, and didn't bother responding
Old 10-12-2006, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

I love it. Theres always an example this mysterious person in "Louisville" thats "deep into the 11's" and still gets "30 MPG". Sure there is, and there's F-bodys running 2's and getting 80MPG. Dude seriously, just cut the bullshit.
mysterious car? You want his ******* name and phone number? You dumbasses that think domestics are so ******* high and mighty are what give us all bad names. Realize it doesnt take much gas to roll a 2100lb car not to mention the cams are designed to be fuel efficient as long as you keep it out of vtec and boost. This just proves that ignorace is bliss.

I never said Japan "didn't make quality cars". I said they don't make any sports cars that appeal to me. I think that they are ugly and sound like ****. Its a fact that they generally don't have any low end power. They are also not built to take a beating by any means, and yes, in a performance environment Jap cars do break more than Domestic Muscle cars. Compare the transmissions of something like an F-Body and a Honda or Mitsubichi. There is no comparison, the T56 is a big, heavy duty trans built for racing/performance driving. Beat on most imports and they fall apart quickly. Stop argueing with the facts and telling me I can't state my opinion. The Japs make good economy cars, thats it. I think theur "performance" vehicles are crap. Thats my opinion, deal with it.
Obviously Japan doenst know what they're doing when the 2JZ block has seen 900+ hp completely stock. Or have you ever heard of an RB26? Probably not. All this thread proves is domestic drivers such as yourself have only heard of civics and can only think in a straight line. End Rant ... it is pointless arguing with someone as narrow minded as yourself
Old 10-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Launching!

No...to me thats pointless...blah blah blah
Dude you are by far the most ignorant person i have ever seen on any internet forum! How would you know what i spent to run what i did? Thats right you dont, basically you sound like you dont know too much about anything and just like to run your mouth on the internet. You are just another person with a one sided mind who thinks "imports suck and im sticking to it" whatever dude get over yourself. Its all about going fast and enjoying motorsports man. Dont try and jump on people you dont know and call them liars, you only make yourself look like a tool.

By the way, what do you drive?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Launching!

the T56 is a big, heavy duty trans built for racing/performance driving. Beat on most imports and they fall apart quickly.
Actually once again, youre wrong. There are many, many people running a BONE stock b-series tranny in high hp turbo charged cars, im talking 10 second even 9 second cars trapping 140-150mph. Also if you were to do a tranny mod the only part of a honda tranny that breaks is the diff. Put a Quaife diff in and you wont have a problem. I know at least 10 civics/integras right now running running 9.40-9.60's at 155-162mph in NHRA SFWD class(thats full street trim with 24.5 inch slicks) running stock trannys with a diff. My current motor and trans has 30,000 miles on it and hundreds of passes and is still holding up fine running low 11's consistently everytime.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Beave
Actually once again, youre wrong. There are many, many people running a BONE stock b-series tranny in high hp turbo charged cars, im talking 10 second even 9 second cars trapping 140-150mph. Also if you were to do a tranny mod the only part of a honda tranny that breaks is the diff. Put a Quaife diff in and you wont have a problem. I know at least 10 civics/integras right now running running 9.40-9.60's at 155-162mph in NHRA SFWD class(thats full street trim with 24.5 inch slicks) running stock trannys with a diff. My current motor and trans has 30,000 miles on it and hundreds of passes and is still holding up fine running low 11's consistently everytime.
I thought it was a stock d-series trannies a lot of b series guys swap in which can hold around 600hp ... correct me if I'm wrong
Old 10-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Launching!

I was suprised how many nuetral/possitive comments have come from this. I'm not a big fan of imports but I know a few people that have quality rides as well. I drive a v6 and most of the time when I run someone they know it's a six and think they have an easy win or think that they were almost close to beating an ls1. I don't see myself buying an import but I'll respect what the smart ones do and shut down dumb kids that spoil it. Hell I'm in hopes myself of getting a stall and a shot of spray and staying with some v8's in the area. I'm also not afraid to race anyone either. I've run a few ls1's just to see what I'm missing out on and to see how much room for improvement I have
Old 10-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Launching!

I thought it was a stock d-series trannies a lot of b series guys swap in which can hold around 600hp ... correct me if I'm wrong
No its the b series that hold up the best. People put d-series on H22's cause they are cheap and easy to find.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

You know its amazing how much people will exaggerate over the internet. You say you got a stock Civic to run a 13.0 with $1K in mods??
He said $1k in supporting mods, not mods period. How about you run him and we'll see how you fair?

Quick Reply: Imports