General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Which car is more popular
Camaro
24.66%
Mustang
75.34%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Who gets more love Mustangs or Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CULATR
I do remember the commercial where the ram air t/a at the light, rev'ed up and eats the lambo or ferrai and leaves the frame behind cant remember which car it was though i loved that commercial lo
go to youtube.com and type trans am commercial in the search box its there

there are more mustang on the road than f body's that's why there is more mustang stuff out there
Old 11-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MjMaro
Yeah good point, Mustang commercials have been all over T.V. for years, and I can't recall seeing a single f-body commercial.

You never seen that commercial with the WS6 that creeps ups on a car from behind at a stoplight, and when the light turns green, the WS6 eats it? That was the funniest car commercial Ive ever seen.....
Old 11-13-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I owned 1 Mustang in my life. Thats why I'm an F-body fan
Old 11-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Default The commercial

I was a kid at the time. I was like jeez busting my first nut when I saw the 98 black ws6.

And that commercial it was a porsche it ate up and I still remember it. I coudlnt read this whole thread to sill if anyone else spotted it out..

Anyways mustangs do look better than f bodies anyways. Well I think they do because how can ya beat that, a mustang looking pretty in your rear view mirror. Thats sexy.

I like that they sell a shitload of v6 stangs, my oldsmobile even heavier seems to pull them every ******* time Now that new one with a 4.0 and like 240 lb tq. that one will take my if they cought me slippin.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I def have to say mustangs. I love f-bodies but it seems like soceity has been brainwashed by the mustang name. If you say you have a mustang, even if its a v6, people are like "Oh wow, a mustang!" but if you mention you have a 400+ rwhp camaro people think mullets and nascar...I dont agree with these stereotypes but im not kidding ive seen guys and girls bragging about their mustangs only to find out that they are stock v6's, but people seem to still be impressed that its a mustang...hell even my buddy would claim he had a mustang (had a stock 01 v6 auto stang ) and we would tell him no, that he had a 6 cylinder ford coupe as real mustangs have a v8. I would never own one myself but I have to give the nod to the stang.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Doesn't matter I always here that a t/a or camaro has alot better looking stance then a mustang
Old 11-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Definately mustangs get more love. I was at a car show one time and went to buy some terry cloth towels to clean my wheels, the girl at the counter asked me what type of car i owned and i told her a camaro z28. She looked at me with a slightly puzzled face and asked, is that like a mustang. I told her no nothing like a mustang and walked out with a disguisted look on my face. If she didn't know what a camaro even whas then i didn't want to waste my time talking to her. So, i say mustangs get more love.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah, around here you see endless mustangs, and few f-body's but that makes it all the better. I mean ****...my friend drives a 1996 Mustang GT and I edged it out in my mom's 2003 Mercury Sable LS LOL. He raced my 3rd gen that isn't even fast by any means (bolt-on L98) and I completely waxed him.

I also know 96-98 GT's arent exactly the fastest..but being beat by a sable?
Old 11-23-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Girls Love Mustangs. I know like 5 girls who own one. So when the opposite sex loves the Mustang just as much as your retarted neighbor then you add them together you get better numbers for the mustang. More popular the mustang. What Id rather drive. A SS.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Teching In

You know it's kind of funny to me to sit here and read all of the opinions and observations on here. When I was in high school, 20 some years ago, pretty much everything said here could be reversed. Back then you never saw a mustang but the camero and firebirds were a dime a dozen. They were the "tampon" cars back then. The parts were cheaper and easier to find and they were simple to work on. They were definately the trendy car back then. That's why I had a 73 Mach 1 in high school, for the same reasons I'm hearing here, I wanted something different. I guess although the players change, the story remains the same. Both cars have there strong points. From a consumer standpoint, Ford gave the general public what they wanted and it sold them a ton of cars, 4s, v6s and v8s. From a performance standpoint, Ford hasn't built an na motor to match the ls engines yet and the m6 is only available in the cobra. On the other side of the coin, the mustangs chassis is more 1/4 mile friendly. I guess it all comes down to buying and building the car you love & to hell with what everyone else thinks. Just my 02.