General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Which car is more popular
Camaro
24.66%
Mustang
75.34%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Who gets more love Mustangs or Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in a military town, bunch of both cars, the mustang gets the love from those WHO DON'T KNOW **** about cars. However my WS6 gets compliments and love around here.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mustangs do. But they outnumber us about 2 to 1 including the Pontiacs.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:19 PM
11 Second Club

Mustangs by a lot and I will never understand it. The fbodies get the respect at the track though. Every time i've ever lined up against a mustang at the track-5.0, GT, Mach 1, Cobra, 06 GT, 06 Roush.....- they always end up as a tiny image in my rear view. I have a cam only car and people have asked me where I keep the nitrous bottle.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i think the main reason F-bodies dont get the respect they deserve, is the fact they dont stand out and that they are relativly rare compared to the number of other cars on the road. there are 10 max f-bodies around my town and the majority of them are 6 bangers and owned by girls who think they have a hot car and douche bag guys that slap a set of 20's on it and they get stares from all the fucknuts around that oogle over anything shiny. then there is the true F-body owners. me with my 98 Z28, the guy i bought it off of that has a 93 Z28, a guy that i saw today and complimented on his 02 NBM SS Convertible, an old man that has an 01 WS6 and one young guy that just got a 99 Z28 A4 that i have been educating by means of LS1tech.com. there are the few people (women) around that have A4 Z28's that drive them like they are mommies Accord and they are just another car. read: they have no idea what they are in control of.

then you have the 50 million mustangs that run around town. again the majority of them have stupid body kits and huge wheels. so naturally they get looks from every idiot that thinks the only cars that look good are the ones on 20's or have neon lights. and naturally mustangs stand out because there are millions of them and they have a respectable look compared to the majority of cars on the roads. so adding this to the 20's and plastic, they get more looks. im not calling it respect because uneducated opinions dont count as respect.

i see 1 or 2 other f-bodies on the road on any given day. i see around 50 mustangs on the same day. i have found that most 6 banger mustangs have a distinct look to them compared to the GT mustangs. the 94-98 models more than less. the 99-04's look more the same and the 05-07's look almost identical and if your not trained to spot the difference you can easily miss it. the Camaro and Firebirds however are like the 05-07 mustangs in that they are harder to tell the difference between a V8 and a V6. so the majority of Camaros and Firebirds that are spotted by the uneducated glitz oogler look the same. they see a middle aged woman driving it like its her mom's accord and dont give it a second glance. but the same person sees the same girl driving an 06 v6 mustang and about **** their pants because a "hot" woman is driving a "hot" car. so when i drive past the same person in my Z28 they view my car the same way the viewed the stroller pushing MILF that cruised past in the 98 6 banger Camaro. but this is where the second glance comes in. one quick rap of the loud pedel and a few puffs of smoke from the tires later and their jaw drops.

So my opinion of the Camaro and Firebirds being only a badging difference away in appearence between models makes them a sleeper in their own respect. when some fagget pulls up beside me looking for a quick kill in their "sweet" sixer mustang thinking its nothing but a ricer that thinks he is fast because it looks like a 6 banger, they get their *** tuned up in a hurry. their headlights in my rearview mirror is all the glory i need.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Mustangs are more popular by far but it seems to me that when it comes to racing NO ONE wants anything to do with an ls1. I bought mine in april and it only has a flowmaster catback,k&n filter,c5 vette rims and some suspension mods, but no one wants any part of racing it. The import kids all say they wont race a v-8 the exotics all make up some lame excuse and tell me to grow up. Only potential race I've had was with an lt-1 camaro, unfortunately I had to go to work and couldn't race. I have had one mustang guy say he'd race me but has yet to actually do so. Partly because he is getting ready to trade the car and doesn't wanna destroy anything. But he did promise me a race with his new charger when he gets it. The reason i waited so long to buy an f-body was because the cars dont look that great. I've grown to love the look but i think it has to be developed over time. Also the stats on these cars isn't that impressive on paper. I mean 305 hp? Come on that number doesn't do the car justice at all. When I looked at cars I looked at the newer mustangs ratings and saw the f-bodys as outdated and weaker engines according to the factory power ratings. I also read many tech articles and saw their supposed heavy weight as an issue also. But I dont think my car weighs a bit over 3500 lbs at the most. I also looked at the factory gear offerings. 2.73 and 3.23 or whatever it is. That doens't look like the gears of a muscle car. Then I looked at the gas mileage and that being what it is that number to me made it look like a wimp all the way. On paper the cars look like wimps but they are actually IMO the best bang for the buck in the world.

Last edited by Y2K Z28; 10-31-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

mustangs
everyone has them...
but they still are slow
Old 10-31-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i love it when mustang guys are like yea i got a v8 whats urs got? then i pop the hood and they are like hmm i could take him, then ya start it up, and thats when they realize oh **** maybe not lol
Old 11-01-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

Mustangs definitely get more love because they are a more common, more popular car and they have a bigger following. There are tons of mustang enthusiasts and plenty of people who aren't even huge car people but they love mustangs. My best friend has an 02 Mustang GT which looks sic and is really well modded....I love that car and I love driving it, but most of my friends give my car more love because of the looks and because its faster.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Mustangs, Mustangs, Mustangs. All day, every day. For every 1 Camaro or Firebird I see, weither it be a LS1 or LT1 I see 5 or more Mustangs. I will see 2 or 3 03-04 Cobra's before I see a f-body. Off the top of my head, I can only think of about 3-4 V8 F-body's in my area not counting the one sitting in my driveway. And out of that 3-4, two of them I know personally. But I kind of like it like that..even though I'm only pushing an old LT1, I will surprise most of the V8 Mustang owners around here.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

one time a couple girls jumped in my 65 mustang when i was talking to afriend at a gas station. but at first i thought i was getting mugged but then i heard them say WOW awesome car, i just looked at them weird and said ladies im going home, got to leave now. prolly a dumb move, because they were pretty hot. i think my nerves were still a little on edge from them barging in. but now i have a 99 camaro and i havent had any strange girls hop in yet. the question of why do people like mustangs over camaros is simmilar to the question of why are some people gay and some straight. it cannot be really answered. i guess there are alot of gay people driving around in mustangs
Old 11-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Launching!

I know in my town there are probably 10 mustangs to 1 F-body. I know when I drive mine I get many stares and compliments, i don't know if it is because if it is RED or because it is a true WS6. I have only seen 3 other true WS^ around here.

I have had a lot of mustang with the loud exhaust try to run me and I say u gotta be kidding me, it won't even be a race. I have ridin in mustangs and drivin them. When I get in my car and drive it I say why did you spend your money on that. My 4.3 truck can run faster than that. LOL.

People like the stangs because they are cheaper. They are cheaper because they have smaller engines in them. and it take more parts to make them run faster.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mustangs hands down gets the most love.

I like both, but my hearts with the Camaro.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember i went to a barnes and nobles with a friend that likes imports an he wanted to go check out some mags. So i agreed to go because i figured i could read some camaro mags..........WRONG!! I look at all the mags on the stand and i said "look at all these damn mustangs" i couldnt believe there was 15 different mustang mags and i seen 2 camaro mags. (But they were 67-69 camaro)
I think i might have found one book about LSx motors.

So in conclusion.......MUSTANG FTW!!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

I live in a town with about 110,000 people and their are small close by towns to and I can list every Ls1 F-Body around, but mustangs, I can't count that high
Old 11-06-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by orangefun
I live in a town with about 110,000 people and their are small close by towns to and I can list every Ls1 F-Body around, but mustangs, I can't count that high
Old 11-07-2006, 08:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 560 Likes on 444 Posts

Well, if you want to know my opinion... look at what I've got in the driveway at my house:

(I don't keep the gf in the driveway though) I have to say, having owned 6 F-bodies and 4 Mustangs , I know a bit about these cars. Mustangs are definitely more popular, but I get a lot more looks in my Formula than I do in my Mustang. The GF drives the 'Stang mainly because she's only 5'3" and she sits up a bit higher in it. She says it feels like it "fits" her better. Now the 'Stang only runs 15.0's bone stock and the 'Bird has run 13.0's with just mild bolt ons, so it's obvious which is the faster and more technologically advanced car. That doesn't sell cars, however. If you could see how many base model F-bodies were sold compared to upline models, I bet there was a LOT higher percentage of upline models compared to the Mustang. The majority of Mustangs were V-6 models. Saturating the market with cheap base models makes perfect sense. Hopefully GM gets it right with the new Camaro. As for me, my loyalty will always lie with the General, but I still have a soft spot for certain Ford products.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by like the view?
i loved that commercial. But i would say that at drag tracks and muscle car meets f-bodies are respected soo much more because they arent an every day see. They are more popular and more sought after in my opinion. Anyone can buy a mustang. Anyone can drive a mustang as they are built to be quick but not fast or powerful cars. F-bodies are built with many of the same fundamentals of the dodge viper and that is why there are more accidents with them.

F-Body and viper are similar as:
Both are made to slam you back in your seat
Both will spin tires with the simple foot press
Both are built around speed vs. comfort.
Can handle if you can control them
Unrefined suspension/power makes the car just plain fun!

Mustangs on the other hand are built so that everyone can drive one. They are insurance ****** , dumbed down to make them quicker than a civic but very refined. The newer mustangs are changing that but they are still hard to get sideways unless its a roush/saleen. The shelby gt500's are comparable to a stock f-body. But it takes the mustang 500hp to make it feel almost as fast as a stock ls1. :

Please telling me you are kidding. In no way is an F-body built similarly to a damn Viper. TOTALLY different classes. The F-body and Mustang however are competitors. I honestly **** myself when I read this crock of ****.

That being sad, to beat a dead horse, the mustang is more popular by far. I see that as a good thing though.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by litemup02
Yeah i remember that commercial, it was sweet. Oh ya... Mustangs are like tampons, every ***** needs one....
aw how cute.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want to try to NOT get attention? Try driving my GN for a few days

I usually only get questions from guys who think they know about cars when I drive it. A lot of them "know someone who gutted the convertor put a chip in it and ran 10's" or the ones who think it's a monte carlo. Girls don't even look at the car.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

eh. I look out into the barracks parkinglot and I can see a number of mustangs every time, but there is only 2 fbodies that I see regularly. One is mine, one is my good friends and both are very far from stock. I get compliments once in awhile, but not that often, and I don't really care. I love driving the car. Had older guy tell me to light them up at a stop light, and I left some rubber from one light to the next and had him and another older guy behind him drive by and give the thumbs up, that **** is pretty cool. As far as girls, eh most of them didn't like it or hate it... then only hte ones that like muscle cars liked it... the rest complained "too loud" "too rough" "too fast"