General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Which car is more popular
Camaro
24.66%
Mustang
75.34%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Who gets more love Mustangs or Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mustangs just get more love...plain and simple, especially from the ladies.

I bet you can't guess what my girl's favorite car is...a Red Mustang

Oh well...the day will come when I line up next to one at a light while she is in the car with me and smoke his *** lol... I think at my college there are like 5 f-bodies total in the lots on campus, and about 50 mustangs at least. Everywhere I look I see them, it actually starts to get old.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

IMO mustangs are more popular and F-bodys are more loved.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

that was easy......Mustang....they are everywhere....because they still sell them.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Teching In

sorry guys i forgot to add Firebirds, it should read Camaro/Firebird. I agree with all the comments made above. In Michigan I see about 15-20 Mustangs daily, drives me crazy.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People who voted Camaro are just in denial.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

There are only 2 f bodys at my high school and they are both v6's and 1993-1997 and there are about 15 to 20 mustangs. Parents seem to think mustangs are much safer than camaros. Highschool kids want them because they think every body will worship them if they have a cool car. I am only 14 years old and my brother had a camaro ss for his first and i have been hooked since. I will be getting a camaro ss in about a month for my first car and will be the only one at the highschool with a v8 camaro and i dont expect for my car to get more attion then all the mustangs at the school be cause mustangs are the gods at highschools.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't read through the entire thread but I would say Mustangs get much "love" just because of all the kids out there who grow up thinking ALL mustangs are the coolest/fastest cars on the road regaurdless of trim level or engine.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skifast87
...I like driving somthing that you dont see every day...
Exactly. If you want to be like everyone else, get a Mustang... boring. I couldn't stand myself if I had the same taste as the average american car buyer. I'm not average or pedestrian (I take pride in that). That's why I like 4th gen f-bodies. They have great styling with great power to back them up. I will never sell out my taste so I can be part of the 'normal' crowd. All of us here at LS1Tech know the truth- our cars are cooler. Shhhh... it's a secret.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mustang hands down
Old 10-26-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

you think the Mustang is more popular for some reason? gee, I wonder what makes you think that... maybe the fact that it's the Mustang that put the f-body six feet under. it also helps that the car doesn't look like a catfish.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CULATR
hmmm....i'll say stangs just cause go look at any book rack youll see like 6 different mags on stangs and maybe a picture or 2 of a camaro on a hotrod mag or gm performance book ...though us camaro people need to push the camaro performers mag its awesome i buy it all the time and look for the new issue to come out everytime im around the stands .....i wish they would start a subscription ....anybody else feel this magazine if not just go find it you'll like it ........
i also love this magazine, i watch for every issue. I wish they would have a subscription tho!
Old 10-26-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

...or the batmobile.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by irbs
There are only 2 f bodys at my high school and they are both v6's and 1993-1997 and there are about 15 to 20 mustangs. Parents seem to think mustangs are much safer than camaros. Highschool kids want them because they think every body will worship them if they have a cool car. I am only 14 years old and my brother had a camaro ss for his first and i have been hooked since. I will be getting a camaro ss in about a month for my first car and will be the only one at the highschool with a v8 camaro and i dont expect for my car to get more attion then all the mustangs at the school be cause mustangs are the gods at highschools.
you are exactly right. expect to get ZERO respect from anyone in your high school when you pull up in your SS. there may be a couple of smart kids who know something about cars, but doubtful. believe me because i was in the same situation as you. i will admit though it is a blast showing up all those slow *** mustangs and rice burners who were previously worshipped. just be careful and smart. you will be young with a very powerful car and there will be many temptations out there. i am sure your brother will lecture you about that!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is wifey... as far as women loving Mustangs better, I'd have to say "F" that!!! I'm a woman and I'll explain it like this- an F-body is the perfect diamond everybody wants, but can't get because they are "rare". A Mustang is the Cubic Zarconia of American Muscle- a dime a dozen (V-6, GT's) and IMHO over-glorified. I work on our Camaro SS all the time and for the girls out there who think Mustangs are better... we can line em up anytime...
Old 10-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beasst8
This is wifey... as far as women loving Mustangs better, I'd have to say "F" that!!! I'm a woman and I'll explain it like this- an F-body is the perfect diamond everybody wants, but can't get because they are "rare". A Mustang is the Cubic Zarconia of American Muscle- a dime a dozen (V-6, GT's) and IMHO over-glorified. I work on our Camaro SS all the time and for the girls out there who think Mustangs are better... we can line em up anytime...
Well that is good to hear, but you are definately a diamond in the rough yourself! Every girlfriend I have ever had was forced to appreciate the CAMARO whether they wanted to or not.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cooltc2004
Well, some of you wanted to see the Trans Am Commerical, so I uploaded it for you.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...63617155325407

OWWWYEAH thats the commercial i was talking about good find
Old 10-26-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

when i had my z28/ss i got more looks in that than any mustang has gotten. even those cuntstanes looked. now that i have a ws6 nobody looks at a mustang next to mine. and around were i live the camaro to cuntstane ratio is about even.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94 z28 ss
and around were i live the camaro to cuntstane ratio is about even.
Thats fuzzy math. People don't quite understand what I have sometimes and its okay. I do get enough looks in it though and thats good enough for me. Its no rustang but it gets me by
Old 10-27-2006, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Chicks don't like f-body's. They are not popular anymore.

I am fine with this because that means they are cheaper, less common, and I don't have to take any "you drive that because you think it makes you look cool" **** anymore.

People that drive F-body's drive them because they like F-body's. People that drive Mustangs, well, some of them like Mustangs, and some of them just want something that is trendy, with a heavy bias towards the trendy side.

I also think there would be more female driver's if the damn hoodline and dash/cowl weren't so big. Every woman I've known has complained about that. Mustangs are easier to feel out in parking and tight quarters. That first seat impression, combined with GM's dubious lack of actually wanting to sell these cars - is sadly enough what killed them off. Cars need to be friendly to women drivers, like it or not.

All of this is fine by me. I'm happy. I don't even really find Mustangs to be the problem because a good portion of V8 Stang driver's at least know what their car can do. I have more fun toying with the WRX and Lancer guys who think that just because Car and Driver posts a 4 second 60 time that they can do it at a stoplight.

Muhahaha.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

the reason for me driveing any fbody is a couple of things 1. if ur going to buy a cuntstane for the same price as a fbody might as well get the fbody because its more bang for the buck. 2. even when u throw all the power in the world on a slowstang it still cant beat a bolt on ls1, there just not geared to go. 3 i think that the ws6 and firehawk are one sexy machines and most people around were i live no the power of a fbody and pos stangs just dont mess with us unless there plain idoits.

p.s. the chicks i know would jump on a guy with a fbody over a slowstang