General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Which car is more popular
Camaro
24.66%
Mustang
75.34%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Who gets more love Mustangs or Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who gets more love Mustangs or Camaros

I was at the bookstore today and as usual went straight to the magazine rack to check out the new news. I dont know if im alone on this but I feel like Mustangs get more love or are more popular for some reason. Seems like there are more Mustang magazines out there along with more appearance parts, catalogs and so on. It just kinda bugs me because I personally find F-bodies to be much more stylish then Mustangs. What do you guys think????
Old 10-25-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by laxin
I was at the bookstore today and as usual went straight to the magazine rack to check out the new news. I dont know if im alone on this but I feel like Mustangs get more love or are more popular for some reason. Seems like there are more Mustang magazines out there along with more appearance parts, catalogs and so on. It just kinda bugs me because I personally find F-bodies to be much more stylish then Mustangs. What do you guys think????
I think it's just because there are more mustangs out and they are a bit more affordable. Not like f-bodys are rare or high priced by any means, just that relatively there are more mustangs and they are cheaper.

-Mike
Old 10-25-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

that and almost anyone can afford one
Old 10-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Seems to me like the generall public are more partial to Mustangs. There are actually alot of people out there that have no idea what a Pontiac Firebird Formula is for instance.... but EVERYONE knows what a Ford Mustang is. I blame it on commercial advertising of the Mustang vs. the F-body.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Formula_X: Seems to me like the generall public are more partial to Mustangs. There are actually alot of people out there that have no idea what a Pontiac Firebird Formula is for instance.... but EVERYONE knows what a Ford Mustang is. I blame it on commercial advertising of the Mustang vs. the F-body.
Yeah good point, Mustang commercials have been all over T.V. for years, and I can't recall seeing a single f-body commercial.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm....i'll say stangs just cause go look at any book rack youll see like 6 different mags on stangs and maybe a picture or 2 of a camaro on a hotrod mag or gm performance book ...though us camaro people need to push the camaro performers mag its awesome i buy it all the time and look for the new issue to come out everytime im around the stands .....i wish they would start a subscription ....anybody else feel this magazine if not just go find it you'll like it ........
Old 10-25-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also agreed with what above, mustangs are cheaper, and fbodies seem to get people in a lot of trouble, people buying them and cant control them, also mustangs are still in production, fbodies are not, or at least for the time being.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MjMaro
Yeah good point, Mustang commercials have been all over T.V. for years, and I can't recall seeing a single f-body commercial.

I do remember the commercial where the ram air t/a at the light, rev'ed up and eats the lambo or ferrai and leaves the frame behind cant remember which car it was though i loved that commercial lo
Old 10-25-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I feel so left out knowing that was on TV and I never saw it....
Old 10-25-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CULATR
I do remember the commercial where the ram air t/a at the light, rev'ed up and eats the lambo or ferrai and leaves the frame behind cant remember which car it was though i loved that commercial lo
that commercial=
Old 10-25-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

mustangs are everywhere! honestly where i live if i dont go out and see at least 2 or 3 mustangs then i would be amazed
Old 10-26-2006, 12:19 AM
12 Second Club

I'll go out to the store for my mom in her 96 faded red V6 Mustang and get compliments and looks from all over, especially moms . When I had my 95 Z/28, nobody would look twice. Boggles my mind.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

people have no idea what a camaro is...
Old 10-26-2006, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Mustangs FTW! ...thought I would never say that
Old 10-26-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah i remember that commercial, it was sweet. Oh ya... Mustangs are like tampons, every ***** needs one....
Old 10-26-2006, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

i loved that commercial. But i would say that at drag tracks and muscle car meets f-bodies are respected soo much more because they arent an every day see. They are more popular and more sought after in my opinion. Anyone can buy a mustang. Anyone can drive a mustang as they are built to be quick but not fast or powerful cars. F-bodies are built with many of the same fundamentals of the dodge viper and that is why there are more accidents with them.

F-Body and viper are similar as:
Both are made to slam you back in your seat
Both will spin tires with the simple foot press
Both are built around speed vs. comfort.
Can handle if you can control them
Unrefined suspension/power makes the car just plain fun!

Mustangs on the other hand are built so that everyone can drive one. They are insurance ****** , dumbed down to make them quicker than a civic but very refined. The newer mustangs are changing that but they are still hard to get sideways unless its a roush/saleen. The shelby gt500's are comparable to a stock f-body. But it takes the mustang 500hp to make it feel almost as fast as a stock ls1.

Hell my 13 year old brother can drive (in hvcc's parking lot) a mustang , floor it and everything and he has no problems controlling it. Put him in a f-body and he is spinning tires and spinning out. Put him in the viper and he looks exactly the same in it as he did in the f-body. Put him in a corvette and he lights the tires up, but can control the car very well in the cone course.

All cars were stock and manual. Sadly enough he actually outran me in the mustang and was only 3 tenths slower in the vette. I powned him in the f-body by 4 seconds, and the viper by 3.

So my vote goes to f-bodies as they are more respected and more popular among those who know the difference between ricer fast and real fast.

Last edited by like the view?; 10-26-2006 at 02:34 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CULATR
Those commercials fueled my desire for an fbody when I was YOUNG. Now I have one, there has always been something I loved about them but it never came through until I got to drive one.

BTW, search for ''trans am commericial'' on youtube, and there are a couple of them
Old 10-26-2006, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

who cares?

typical, all newbs responded to this thread.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
who cares?

typical, all newbs responded to this thread.
K, good job.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:11 AM
12 Second Club

Mustang, Every one tells me "Hey man u got one badass camaro, but i dunno i think a GT can beat you" LOL