General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Why do they lock threads but leave them viewable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why do they lock threads but leave them viewable?

Why do they lock threads but leave them viewable? Like somebody will say something stupid or some lie, or off topic or whatever, and you can't reply and say hey that's a stupid off-topic lie, but it's preserved there for a while for all to read uncontested, I don't get it...
Old 11-26-2006, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Cause that's how the board is setup and was made. It locks it so the thread can still be viewed but now posted in unless your an admin. They should have another sub-forum to move locked threads to for further investigation. Only way they can stop it is to do that or to delete the whole thread itself.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

that's my point, why wouldn't they just delete the bogus thread instead of just leaving the bogus info for the world to see, but not let the world chime in with "hey that's bogus"
Old 11-26-2006, 02:11 AM
TECH Resident

Because a lot of the time the first 10 pages of the thread has good information or a good debate and then the last 3 pages are complete ****, so they lock it to stop the bullshit but leave it viewable so people still have access the useful information.

But if your referring to those complete bs threads started by someone with 1 post and contain nothing useful...yea, I have no idea why those just aren't deleted, at least that could save a little space on the servers...

edit: maybe they leave locked threads viewable so that other members can observe what it takes to get a thread locked..?
Old 11-26-2006, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jpat1023
Because a lot of the time the first 10 pages of the thread has good information or a good debate and then the last 3 pages are complete ****, so they lock it to stop the bullshit but leave it viewable so people still have access the useful information.

But if your referring to those complete bs threads started by someone with 1 post and contain nothing useful...yea, I have no idea why those just aren't deleted, at least that could save a little space on the servers...

i think its more like the first 3 pages contained useful info and the last 10 are BS!
Old 11-26-2006, 02:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by logo_craig
i think its more like the first 3 pages contained useful info and the last 10 are BS!
Depends on how long it takes you to find the thread.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:21 AM
NKAWTG...N

To quote the rules of the section:
Originally Posted by StoleIt
***For locked threads that were just created in the wrong section, I will leave the thread locked for about an hour or so, to give you a chance to read my response as to why it was locked (I don't wanna PM every person who gets their thread locked). Then it will be deleted.
Which can be found: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-lsx-automobile-discussion/543252-rules-section.html
Old 11-26-2006, 02:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also if threads are just deleted with no prior warning, people tend to make another identical thread.