General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

need everbody to read this

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Silas2k
i would sue, simple as that. get a lawyer, get the original $2800 dealership quote, if u dont have it, go to the dealership and talked to the guy who quoted u... then get the guy who did some of the work so it would be drivable to testify how bad it was...

in suing ull be able to get the full $ worth of damage covered/court costs/lawyer costs

after u drag their sorry asses through court i hope the dumbass who lifted your car gets canned, and even those sorry *** managers
Now this is what i would do and when you win the case, make them pay all your fees . make sure and get everyone that seen the car when it was messed up to come with you to court. And i can most certainly bet that pep boys has cameras in there shop. So when you get your lawyer go up there and check and if you see a camera get the footage of when your car was there. Most cameras can go back a month so i'd check into it.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us updated man.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:36 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by redtail2426
thats why my car has never been on a lift,when it gets inspected i bring it to a local shop that has a drive on lift.when i need tires changed i put it up on jackstands in my garage and bring them just the rims and tires...its just not worth it to me and i have seen to many bullshit happenings like this,and to many wheels fall off in the middle of the road because people dont know how to tighten lugnuts...i hope you get them bastards at pep boys what they deserve.
i do the exact same thing
Old 12-15-2006, 05:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
firey stick in their asses.

what do you think that smells like?
Old 12-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bjamick
Now this is what i would do and when you win the case, make them pay all your fees . make sure and get everyone that seen the car when it was messed up to come with you to court. And i can most certainly bet that pep boys has cameras in there shop. So when you get your lawyer go up there and check and if you see a camera get the footage of when your car was there. Most cameras can go back a month so i'd check into it.
they don't even have security camera in this store. my GF works there, and she wasn't there when it happened
Old 12-15-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Transam 98 where do you live?
Old 12-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Launching!

what a bunch of cat ****! i'd be pissed to. no one is ever accountable for ANYTHING anymore. what the hell?!?
Old 12-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
Transam 98 where do you live?

edmond< oklahoma
Old 12-15-2006, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

get your insurance agent on their ***!!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Reminds me of when I took my 86' Camaro Berlinetta to get brake work done. After I paid, they told me the car was in the lot ready to go. I ask for the keys, and he says 'they are in the ignition'.

I drive across the street to a gas station to vacuum it out, and notice the key is stuck in the ignition.

I had to get on the passenger side and use my weight to pull the keys out. Turns out they forced the key in UPSIDE DOWN. How that's possible, or how it even turned in the ignition is beyond me, but I don't claim to understand the mechanism anyway..

When I went back, the guy denied everything, and said with a straight face 'I handed you the keys before you left'. I said, 'then I guess you'll be hearing from my lawyer', the guy told me to bring it in the following Monday..

Just threaten lawsuit. You have more evidence than I did
Old 12-16-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

man thats a crappy thing for a shop to do to a customer. especially a big chain.

my only experience with something like that was a dealer lying to me about a bad a/c compressor. i brought it in 3 times saying there must be a leak since it wouldnt blow cold for more than a week after a recharge, the last time i brought it in after the a/c started blowing hot the service manager literally told me 'we've checked it 3 times for leaks, sorry buy these new cars just dont blow as cold as the old ones did."

i went to autozone and got one of those el-cheapo a/c leak kits. in the autozone parking lot, during the daytime, i put on the yellow glasses and shone the uv light on the compressor. the freaking thing looked like it was painted with the uv leak detection dye, bright green all the way around it. a trained chicken could have spotted it.... i was pissed to say the least, but at that point the last thing i wanted to do was take it to the dealer and have them tell me that the leak wasnt there when they checked or some other lie...

long story short, i filed an online complaint with the BBB. in that complaint i listed the problem, stated all the dates, the people involved, and listed all the invoice/service report numbers. that **** got fixed REAL quick after that. i even had them pay me back for the 3 times i brought it in. i was amazed, i freaking won!!

i would for sure ask a lawyer about it, but dont dismiss the BBB. i honestly didnt expect to get the issue resolved with a BBB complaint. i was just trying to do anything to stain thier record and make others aware they were weasels, but come to find out that BBB place is legit.

hope it all turns out well for you. make sure you collect every and any kind of documentation involved in your complaint, know the dates, and know all the peoples names involved (even the monkey who lifted it) when you file with the BBB. the more of that you have the better.

it blows my mind that the majority of americans just let shops hose them or worst yet dont even know they got hosed in the first place. i know there are good places out there, i just wish they had some sort of sign...
Old 12-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Teching In

I just wrote the BBB
Old 12-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Teching In

The dist. manager never responded. Hired a lawyer and we are filing for claim court on the 3rd of january
Old 12-30-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Regular

good luck!
Old 12-30-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

i know its a bit late for this, but, keep any and all records that you can possibly keep. if you have to hand them paperwork, make copies of it first, then hand it to them. in the military, people at MPF are always losing paperwork and messin stuff up, so my shop has an unwritten rule to make at least 2 copies - one to keep in a personal folder in the shop chief's office, and one for ur own record, then turn in the original document to whomever it needs to be turned into. goes for anything u have to turn in to anyone.

*edit*
on that note, keep and make copies of any and all documents ur lawyer and the court make concerning this case!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I leave the car home too when new tires are put on the rims. Good luck with the suit. If that don't work, go back in there with some gasoline and pour it all over the manager and light a match.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by brynnda
what do you think that smells like?
if it smells anything like tire smoke, or hot chocolate than it smells good.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Same thing happened to me years ago at a similiar shop. The damage was like $1400 and I just kept the insurance money and bent them back as best I could.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

whenever i need tires i bring the wheels and leave the car on jacks in the garage, they don't even know that its important to torque the wheel lugs.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

This Issue could have been resolved a lot sooner...You should've been calling your Car INSURANCE company and telling them what happened so that they could handle the situation and your car would've probably be fixed by now. Insurance co. have lawyers for this reason and you pay car insurance for these reasons. You should of reported it to your own car ins. they probably would have sent someone out to pep boys to take pics. But now you're getting screwed over and you have to get your own lawyer and such...

Quick Reply: need everbody to read this