General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Can you believe this Shit!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duffman2
I was in court a few weeks ago and there was a guy getting sentenced for just having the tools to break into a car. So if they were using a slim jim or even a screw driver and the cops pulled them over after you called they could get into some trouble. just a thought.
In court a few weeks ago, huh???
So, did you confess to the judge what you had those tools in your car for???
Old 01-04-2007, 02:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no there is some truth behind that.. I wouldnt be caught with a slimjim in my car or atleast where a cop could find it or u might be detained due to some recent car thefts? thats what a local cop told me and a pop a lock guy when he showed me how todo it on our f-bodys
Old 01-04-2007, 02:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gun5
no there is some truth behind that.. I wouldnt be caught with a slimjim in my car or atleast where a cop could find it or u might be detained due to some recent car thefts? thats what a local cop told me and a pop a lock guy when he showed me how todo it on our f-bodys
Maybe so, but what are the chances of the cops actually running into these guys on that same night?, unless these guys are stupid enough to try to pull the job that same night.

I'd lay low for a couple of days and by then, the heat is off................at least until I pump some lead in their ***.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS#2906
Maybe so, but what are the chances of the cops actually running into these guys on that same night?, unless these guys are stupid enough to try to pull the job that same night.

I'd lay low for a couple of days and by then, the heat is off................at least until I pump some lead in their ***.
ya no joke.. i needa get my 2 way pager on the car
Old 01-04-2007, 02:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gun5
ya no joke.. i needa get my 2 way pager on the car
Thats what i have

I would of called a couple friends and the cops. But i would have to do something. Maybe grab a weapon and get to whoopin some ***!!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:55 AM
TECH Resident

These guys were idiots. They didn't even try to burn the alarm first, I guess he thought he would pop the lock and then take care of the alarm.
now are you talking the factory alarm or an after market alarm?? if you dont have an after market one you could invest in a good one some insurance companys even give slight breaks on your rates for aftermarket alarms

if you already do disregard
Old 01-04-2007, 03:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

wait with a baseball bat, knock there asses out, drag them in ur house,call the cops and say they were breaking in ur house and u caught them.....u have every right to defend your property........o and if u can't see blood, ur not hittin them hard enough.....nice ss by the way
Old 01-04-2007, 03:25 AM
Staging Lane

about 5 years ago my parents dog were barking at something across the street at around 3 a.m. and it woke them up. When my dad looked out the window he saw a few guys trying to steal the rims off a mustang across the street. He called the cops and less than an hour later they pulled the car over with just a description about 10 miles from their house. I don't know what ended up happening to the thief's but the cops did find them. When someone calls something like that in every cop in the area keeps an eye out for the car, if you have the license plate number it makes it much easier.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you plan on beating the hell out of these characters next time. I would definitlely invest in a video camera so that you have footage of them trying to do it. So when the say some bull **** about the gone in 60 seconds deal be like heres the video. Then just beat the hell out of them with a bat til unconscious ( <--however you spell it)
Old 01-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Launching!

I would of got in my car as fast as possible and blocked them from leaving the parking lot, or follow them as they leave with the po po on the cell phone until they get pulled over.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

they probably think you're a pushover now. i'd watch the car very close.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Professor
they probably think you're a pushover now. i'd watch the car very close.
Think hes a pushover?? I would have prob. done the same thing i mean seriously its 2 on 1 not good odds, not including that they might have some weapons, so he did the smart thing by not acting a fool . If he would have went over there and been like what the hell and started acting like he wanted to fight then they would have ganged up on him took his keys and his car and headed to mexico. LOL JK bout the mexico part.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would invest in a good alarm protection system........... like a rotwiler or a pitbull!!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I say wait for them to come again and beat the F#*k out of them with some brass knuckles!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Would I get arrested if I shoot these ******* for trying to steal my car??
Yep, even in states that still respect the constitution (unlike CA and IL).

You live in LA, so the cops aren't going to help you. Way too much on their hands to follow up on an attempted theft where no damage was done. Now, if you had cell phone pictures... maybe you could get something done... I don't know.

However, you certainly should have filed a police report. I don't believe that they simply refused to allow you to do so.

-The cops are obligated to follow up on this, but that's not even remotely realistic so they're not going to do so.
-Logically, you should be able to defend your property, but legally, that will be very difficult to accomplish.
-If you do successfully defend your property, you run a risk of encountering greater legal troubles than the thieves do for vandalizing/stealing.

I'm contimplating my similar situation right now, and have no plans to do anything illegal.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

im real concerned about my car being stolen... at night i take my fuel pump fues out...cant drive something that wont start!!!....
Old 01-04-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mattraypharbor
im real concerned about my car being stolen... at night i take my fuel pump fues out...cant drive something that wont start!!!....
I do something similar to this, but I pull the IGN relay from under the hood every night. Been doing so for the last year or so. Only problem is that these guys don't know, so they are going to break the steering column to try to start it anyways...............Do you have any idea how much these are?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bjamick
Think hes a pushover?? I would have prob. done the same thing i mean seriously its 2 on 1 not good odds, not including that they might have some weapons, so he did the smart thing by not acting a fool . If he would have went over there and been like what the hell and started acting like he wanted to fight then they would have ganged up on him took his keys and his car and headed to mexico. LOL JK bout the mexico part.
Thanks for the back up!!! I would have loved to kick some ***, but realistically, what are my chances in a 2 on 1 fight?????????
Old 01-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

go buy a burmese python and leave it in your car at night. If you get an albino it will be easier for them to see too. I'd say about a 10ft'r would do the trick.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you all for your input and suggestions. I know we all feel very close to our cars and I know we all would do everything in our power to protect our property.

Bottom line, if these guys really want the car, they will come back for it. This is why I took some precautions and returned the car to stock, except for the gears, clutch, and other internal parts. Hopefully this will give them the impression that I've taken measures to protect my car even more now that I know that it's in danger.

I really hope that nothing happens, as I don't want to loose my baby to a couple of thugs who will "Drive it Like it's Stolen", and then strip its guts down and plaster the parts on Ebay. Even if the insurance covers my loss, I'd rather not have to look for another SS, specially since we all know how hard it is to find them, and usually no one wants to sell them.

Thanks again,