General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Parents hate your car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, this is a great thread! my parents had issues when I first go the WS.6, but they seem to be getting a lil more accepting of it after 4 yrs! lol it was funny, they really didnt say too much about it at first. it was "you bought what?", followed by "where are you gonna keep that"(lol....in your garage of course! ), and finally "how much did you spend on a car you can only drive in the summer!". But theyre cool with it, theyve never driven it, but my mom seems to think the GTP is the better car(cause its more comfortable!)
Old 01-18-2007, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My parents love it, my dad tries to sneak it out early mornings to run "errands" before I get up. He has owned 3 2nd & 3rd gen black TA's too so he likes that I am keeping the tradition going. He is also planning on getting a new Camaro right when they come out. My g/f loves it and so do her parents. Her dad has a C4 and planning to upgrade to a C5 soon.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by razorclaw99
what u sayin man.. they rnt slow.. atleast my m6 ws6 aint

IRON CAST BLOCK!!
Im just playin man, I love my LT1

Long live the IRON BLOCKS!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

My parents love my car. My mom doesn't like riding in it because of the dumped exhaust though. My dad always wants to argue with me when I want to modify it but when the parts come in he's always eager to see what I'm doing and lend a helping hand.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ~RedLineLs1~
My dad always wants to argue with me when I want to modify it but when the parts come in he's always eager to see what I'm doing and lend a helping hand.
Tell me about it, I'm finishing up school so money is few and far between, but I got some wires in last week, then over dinner he just asks, "so what other parts are coming in for the car, so I can sign for them while you're at school" Nothing like tempting me, too bad I got no $

-J
Old 01-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MJE95GAGT
my dad tries to sneak it out early mornings to run "errands" before I get up. My g/f loves it and so do her parents.
looks like you and i are in the same boat man. every other weekend i wake up to the sound of my car starting in the driveway. my dad always takes my car when im either asleep or not home. he always complains about how loud it is, and gives me heat when i mod it. but i know he loves driving my car. when we go fishing he usually drives, and gets heavy on the gas through the twisties. also, whenever we stop next to a mustang he always revs a little and just smiles at me. my mum on the other hand, isnt as fond of it. neither are my neighbors, specially since my first class starts at 7:00am this semester. my girlfriends dad is known for being extremely protective, the first time i met him he gave me the "i can kick you *** if i want to" handshake, but when i came to pick my girl up at her house for the first time he saw my car, and we talked for a good 20 minutes while my girl was gettin ready. he got into the whole "when i was young..." bit. i even let him drive it. all of a sudden my girlfriends curfew went up two hours, he doesnt try to break my hand, and we joke around. thank god for the camaro.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

My Dad loves my car, in fact he made me buy it. He is a die hard car guy, and currently has a 69 Camaro SS. He always helps me work on my car, and I know he drives it while I am away at school. My mom didnt like the car at first because I was 16 and just recieved my liscense, but after 2 years and zero tickets she doesnt seem to care anymore. She always asks if she can take it to work, but doesnt want to pay for gas. Go figure.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Dad loves my car, my mom wasn't happy with me getting it because I was only 16 and just got my liscence, now 2 years later no accidents, or tickets, my mom is happy. My father hates me modding it, but I finally got his approval for my procharger install my mom has ridden in the car once and couldn't stop bitching about how loud it is
Old 01-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SHINER
No, your wrong.

They are just an older crowd and dont appreciate these cars the same way we do. They are not being arrogant in anyway whatsoever, they just prefer something else.
Im sorry, but when you look down on something someone else has and degrade it in any way to them just because you think yours is better, that makes you an arrogant *******. Sorry I left the sugar coating off of that one but some things just need to be said.

That is like me walking over to my neighbor (owner of a TA) and saying "yeah, dont you wish you had the WS6 package like I do?" IMHO that would make me an ******* and a half. I think everyone would agree too. Or if a Viper owner came over and said something similar to me...asshat.

It is not wrong to prefer your stuff over others, thats why its YOURS! (or in the case of myself vs. viper owner b/c im poor compared to him, lol). Either way, keep it to yourself and dont look down on others.

JMNSHO.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

My mom likes it, my dad doesn't. He's a CEO so he thinks its cheap (well he's right there) and unreliable.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Both my parents love my cars, my mom was pissed when I sold my first 2 trans ams now she loves my camaro along with my dad.... They just dont like how fast it is
Old 01-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trust
My mom likes it, my dad doesn't. He's a CEO so he thinks its cheap (well he's right there) and unreliable.
Now why would anyone say a thing like that about a 4th gen F-bod
Old 01-18-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
If my father were still alive, I'm sure he'd love my car.
same here.....my mother really likes it....except " It's pretty loud " ..
Old 01-18-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

my dad bought me the car, bought my brother one and drove a 98 V6 around for a while...

he had a brand new 1966 SS396 chevelle back in the day, and he says that our camaros are fast enough and dont need anything done to them haha

yea, now i have a big cam and a 4k stall
Old 01-18-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

My mom doesn't like me driving a "Fast" car because she thinks she needs to worry about me all the time.

She also dislikes them because she can't drive them (6 speed) LOL

She has gotten more used to it over the past 5 years though, with me having owned a 94 Z28, then a 99 T/A, and now my 96 Z28.

Last edited by YoungGunLs1; 01-18-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Teching In

My father hates it. He thinks it is a waste of time and money. He never really was into cars. He would just rather see me spending my money on something else. He also says that it is more of a relibility than anything else. He just doesn't understand and that is okay. Some parents just don't. Now my mother is a little different. She just worries about me. I have taken her out for a ride and I just gave it a little gas and she told me to never do that again while she was in the car. My parents just care about me and just don't want anything to happen, which is understandable.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

^ 482RWHP would tend to worry em'!!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

my parents don't mind my car. They both like how i take excellent care of it, my dad hates the money i want to spend on it, yet still helps me install things. He gives me strong advice, but when i spend the money he figures he might as well help with the install so i dont screw anything up. He's all for me getting rims and interior parts, just not so much the go fast. I can tell he likes it tho, - the first sunday i had it we went go to shoot trap at the sportsmens club we go to and i came out and our guns were being loaded into the hatch of the TA. Whenever i leave somewhere he tells me to 'keep er under 100.' but would actually ground me terribly if i ever got a speeding ticket. I love my parents - even how stubborn my dad is. God bless the both of them, i like a father and son team working on a car no matter what it is - it's memories you'll have forever.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Launching!

if my parnets were alive my dad would love it cuz its what we always talked about doing and my mom would just kinda accept it. she knew what kind of family she was getting into when she married my dad.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned

Haha, last street race meeting I went to a kids dad actually drove out in his Vette to watch his son run his SR20DET swap 240. Really cool guy.

Quick Reply: Parents hate your car?