General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Parents hate your car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, when I bought my car, my parents informed me that if I didn't take it back, I would have 30 days to move out of the house. I didn't care...I refused to return it! They're afraid i'm going to die in a fiery crash. Luckily, my older brother talked some sense into them, and I wasn't kicked out. My dad did however, take out a life insurance policy on me. Nevermind the fact that I didn't even have health insurance at the time - he was more concerned with getting stuck with my funeral bills when I run off the road. LOL...my parents are a little odd I guess. My dad's driven my car once and liked it. I've offered to let my mom drive it, but she doesn't want to. She's ridden in it a few times...just complains that it's too low to the ground and way too loud. Over the months, they realized how important the car is to me, and FINALLY decided to add me to their insurance so I could save some money...and they've finally stopped trying to talk me into selling it and buying something more 'practical'. I've learned not to talk to them about anything involving me speeding, lol.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

I bought my car from my dad so he loves it. him and i have the same taste in mods so hes happy cause i do all the things he wanted to do to it but couldent cause my mom would flipp out
Old 01-19-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000SSGirl
Well, when I bought my car, my parents informed me that if I didn't take it back, I would have 30 days to move out of the house. I didn't care...I refused to return it! They're afraid i'm going to die in a fiery crash. Luckily, my older brother talked some sense into them, and I wasn't kicked out. My dad did however, take out a life insurance policy on me. Nevermind the fact that I didn't even have health insurance at the time - he was more concerned with getting stuck with my funeral bills when I run off the road. LOL...my parents are a little odd I guess. My dad's driven my car once and liked it. I've offered to let my mom drive it, but she doesn't want to. She's ridden in it a few times...just complains that it's too low to the ground and way too loud. Over the months, they realized how important the car is to me, and FINALLY decided to add me to their insurance so I could save some money...and they've finally stopped trying to talk me into selling it and buying something more 'practical'. I've learned not to talk to them about anything involving me speeding, lol.
Yea mine werent too hip on me going 24k into debt at 22 but... as far as the performance and danger issues this car was the lesser of two evils bein as i was Daily Driving a 500 hp 1970 SS Camaro (468 w/ all the goodies) aka the drive line eater I was able to use the well this one has seatbelts and airbags on them lol Like tat make a difference at 130+
Old 01-19-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frist time my mom got a ride in the car, I power slide and skated a bit until top of thrid and then let off lol....

She hates my car now, but my dad loves taking it out
Old 01-19-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slick1851
Frist time my mom got a ride in the car, I power slide and skated a bit until top of thrid and then let off lol....

She hates my car now, but my dad loves taking it out
yea i did that with my mom once and she grabbed the dash yelling and screaming at me....
Old 01-19-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

i picked up my 02 z28 last night and when i got home my mom was like "wow thats a nice car" that lasted about 5 min until i gave her a ride in it. thats when all the negative came out like "why do you need a car with this much power, be careful, drive slow, this must hydroplane very easily, dont go out drinking in this car, ect." i just told her to shut the **** up, i know how to drive and this is the car that ive wanted for a long time and now ive got it ok!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by styoung
i picked up my 02 z28 last night and when i got home my mom was like "wow thats a nice car" that lasted about 5 min until i gave her a ride in it. thats when all the negative came out like "why do you need a car with this much power, be careful, drive slow, this must hydroplane very easily, dont go out drinking in this car, ect." i just told her to shut the **** up, i know how to drive and this is the car that ive wanted for a long time and now ive got it ok!!!!!!!!
If I ever told my mom to 'shut the **** up' i'd be beaten to death. Whatever happened to respect?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000SSGirl
If I ever told my mom to 'shut the **** up' i'd be beaten to death. Whatever happened to respect?
thats what i was thinking lol
Old 01-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Launching!

my parents hate the car, think im gonna die etc.. same deal, i dont mind. What i do mind is that they see no point in modding it or adding anything to the car. Hell, they dont even see the point in changing the oil... they take such bad care of their cars it kills me. my moms been driving around with the abs inop light on for god knows how long and my father drove around with literally NO brakes for several months before i took it out once and heard a noise similar rubbing heavy grit sandpaper on concrete, he didnt see the problem and it took some arguing to get him to replace the brakes. My mom likes to wash her car, but uses polishes and waxes incorrectly/in the wrong order .. my dads car is filthy and has hardened sap deposits from the pine tree in our yard he likes to park under.. the tree was cut down a year ago and he still has sap... i must've been adopted.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by delinquent543
my parents hate the car, think im gonna die etc.. same deal, i dont mind. What i do mind is that they see no point in modding it or adding anything to the car. Hell, they dont even see the point in changing the oil... they take such bad care of their cars it kills me. my moms been driving around with the abs inop light on for god knows how long and my father drove around with literally NO brakes for several months before i took it out once and heard a noise similar rubbing heavy grit sandpaper on concrete, he didnt see the problem and it took some arguing to get him to replace the brakes. My mom likes to wash her car, but uses polishes and waxes incorrectly/in the wrong order .. my dads car is filthy and has hardened sap deposits from the pine tree in our yard he likes to park under.. the tree was cut down a year ago and he still has sap... i must've been adopted.
damn thats crazy.... i have a couple buddies whose parents were like that...
Old 01-19-2007, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by delinquent543
LMFAO...I've questioned if I was adopted too! My parents aren't car people at ALL. Their cars stay filthy and they'll wait till the last minute to have any work done on them. They think i'm nuts for washing my car once a week and using my california duster on it all the time, lol. And my obsession with keeping the interior perfect just completely baffles them. Actually, it baffles most people. I can't stand for my floor mats to have anything on them...so I'll shake them out everytime I see a spek of dirt on them, haha. Maybe this is why people don't like to ride with me...
Old 01-19-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

My dad was the one who got me started looking at fbodies when car-shopping time came around, he loves it even though it's not exactly his style (he's more of a vette guy but can and will appreciate anything especially if it desearves some respect). My mom on the other hand, not too much of a fan of it. Then again it could be anything from a Viper to a Benz, she wouldn't care. Both of them don't like the fact that it's my [soon to be] money pit, but I'm sure my dad will change his mind once he drives it w/some work done!
Old 01-19-2007, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

my parents have a love hate thing with my car, they act like they don't like it but thats just because every time my dad trys to get bad with me in their 04 GTO I stomp it . but deep down they love it. although he has been looking at cams and stalls secretly I know my dad loves it bc he always wants to take it when we go somewhere.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Launching!

I'm 55 and my parents have never cared for my car preferences. They also think that it's terrible that I still can't afford a car with an automatic transmission.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
Now why would anyone say a thing like that about a 4th gen F-bod
Lol, dunno.. maybe he read about yours and thought it was the norm like you! j/p
Old 01-19-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sundaydriver
I'm 55 and my parents have never cared for my car preferences. They also think that it's terrible that I still can't afford a car with an automatic transmission.
can't afford.... thats a good one
Old 01-19-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My parent's love my car. They both have always been "car people". I'm lucky. They are big GM people as well. 3 chevy trucks, a suburban, and an '02 Electron Blue vette that they are really picky about. I know where I got my OCD about cars from.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My parents live with my brain damaged 25 yr old brother. When he was 17 he wrecked his 1998 SS and got left in his current state. (he was one of the top ranked high school football players in the state of Texas and now has the mentallity of an 8 yr. old) So no, they don't like it one bit. When i bought my SS, they freaked. Then i sent them pictures of my '06 honda cbr 600 rr and all of the sudden they thought that the camaro was a great idea, and i should sell the bike and buy another camaro to drive daily and have my '02 ss w/7k miles, signed by scott settlemire as a gargae queen. my mom's exact words when she saw the bike were "oh no. oh no. oh ****. oh no." ha ha
Old 01-19-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's sad man. I could understand if your parent's hated you having your car, or any car for that matter.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sundaydriver

For all the little kiddies that dont get this, AUTO was a big thing and higher class option for cars etc

Meaning he is still to poor to afford a auto lol but his parents dont know how nice T56s are

Quick Reply: Parents hate your car?